Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't understand the reasoning behind the playoff selections
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I don't understand the reasoning behind the playoff selections

Nov 6, 2016, 8:30 AM

1. Alabama

* Defending Champs, curb stomped all of their opponents even though to me their schedule had been pretty weak up to this point with out of conference games. BEST win was...LSU?? They still have Auburn at home though.

2. Clemson

* Wins over 3 ranked teams in the CFP selections. A close win against NC State which is a blip but won against adversity. Louisville and Florida State were suppose to be close games, due to the level of competition they played against.

3. Michigan

* Seriously.... who the heck have they played?? BEST win came against Wisconsin and they beat them at home. They've only played 2 away games this year, at Rutgers and a very down Michigan State. Committee says that winning by large a margin doesn't matter yet to me they sure as heck aren't winning based on strength of schedule.

4. Texas A&M

* That was a complete joke to begin with. NO reason for an explanation.

5.Washington

* I think they deserve to be # 4, just because going undefeated is a monumental task in itself. I think they will slip in the Pac12 title game and be out all together. I don't think the Pac12 will have a team in the CFP this year.

6. Ohio State

* I think is better than Louisville. Loss to Penn State should've never happened but that's what hurt them from being in the top 4. They demolished Nebraska last night as well. They still have Michigan to play at the end of the year and it's at home. My money is on Ohio State.

7. Louisville

* Look...I give credit where credit is due. Louisville is a good team, Lamar Jackson is a freak talent. Their best win would've came against us, but hey failed because the first down markers weren't visible, or because the head refs daughter is a Clemson Gard. I think they will end up in the top 4, although I don't know how you can put a non conference champ in the final 4?

My personal opinions, please feel free to comment with your thoughts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't understand the reasoning behind the playoff selections

Nov 6, 2016, 8:37 AM

I agree with everything except the fact that Louisville will end up in the top 4. They will not have top25 win all year so their resume will be very weak. All of the one loss teams will have a better strength of Schedule and even a few two loss teams will have better wins. If you leave Washington out of the Top4 bc of SOS you have to leave UL out as well.

Nov 6, 2016, 9:18 AM

As a Louisville fan, the only argument I had about the initial rankings was A&M being #4 over Washington and Clemson not being #1.

Ohio State may or may not be better than UofL, but they will probably bite the biscuit against Michigan, even with the game being at home. If UW loses to either a hot USC or else their nemesis in Spokane (for first place in their division, no less), would you still discount Louisville in the Final Four, should they win out against what should be Top 25 Houston and the awesome force who are our "virtual Coots" on Thanksgiving...........UK??

Frankly, no matter how rough the relationship between the Tigers and Cards at the message board level, I would have to think the entire ACC would be delighted. Imagine meeting up in the Final?

Spokane?! College football much?!

Nov 6, 2016, 10:37 AM

Washington State is in Pullman, WA. Nice try....

Try to make sense of this thread...

Nov 6, 2016, 8:44 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20372954

Well done analysis.

Nov 6, 2016, 10:17 AM

Of course you show your true alligence by arguing Lville loss to us was result in poor placement of down marker or biased officiating and not the fact Lville gave up 14 pts in late 4th qtr .. So you bring no cred to this post

Nov 6, 2016, 10:38 AM

What an absurd thing to say. I never said Quick should have done anything less than turn to the f----g right, lol.

I was on topic. You nurse your butthurt because somebody somewhere said something you don't like.

Nov 6, 2016, 10:44 AM

Figuring out who I was replying to before you get amped up ....

Nov 6, 2016, 3:08 PM

And that was so obvious because.................

Nov 6, 2016, 10:33 AM

Louisville is a good team, but if a team cannot win their conference they should not be considered one of the best four in the nation. I had a problem with Alabama playing LSU for a national championship and would have the same problem if somehow it worked out that Clemson played Louisville for a national championship.There should only be 5 teams considered for the playoff as it is constructed now. Again, If you cannot win your conference championship you are not one of the best four teams in the country.

Nov 6, 2016, 3:49 PM

Why? Who is to say the best 2 teams in the nation are not in the same division? If everybody loses 2 games no question UL deserves to be in.

Nov 6, 2016, 10:40 AM

Michigan beat Colorada who was 20 and won again. They destroy teams. Michigan deserves every bit of a top 4 pick.

What ya gotta understand...

Nov 6, 2016, 10:40 AM

This stuff always works itself out, none of this really even matters.
And actually, their rankings are close enough that it doesn't even
matter.
And why shouldn't Bama be number #1, really....
They have and should be the team to beat....No, I think its been pretty
fair, so far.

Re: What ya gotta understand...

Nov 6, 2016, 3:46 PM

agree with this post. Ohio State stomps Mich and moves to #3. Wash slips into #4(barely) and that is it. If Wash folds and Ohio State lets Mich win the only game this year then Mich stays #3(or jumps us) it does not matter then Louis gets #4 and Bama demolishes them.

Now id Auburn beats Bama and we look as bad as we did early in the season who knows. a one loss Bama team still makes the final 4IMHO

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What ya gotta understand...

Nov 6, 2016, 3:50 PM

Why do you think Bama would demolish Louisville? LSU exposed their O. We could carve their D up I believe Lamar could too.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic