Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swinney excited about start of spring practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,554

Mar 4, 2010, 2:33 PM

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney understands the questions surrounding his program heading into the 2010 season, but says there were a lot of questions last season, also, and he believes the Tigers have the talent on hand to take a step forward in 2010. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand....

Mar 4, 2010, 3:28 PM

...why we wouldn't sign a qb since Parker could leave. Wade and Boyd may be ok but you've got nothing beyond that unless one of the walk ons is a very well kept secret. Injuries alone could impact the number of scholarship guys we have.

ALso this year we are once again young at WR. This seems to be an annual thing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't understand....

Mar 4, 2010, 4:58 PM

The QB class in the carolinas is going to be outstanding in 2011, could be why they were waiting. No sense wasting a scholarship this year when next year we might land a guy with a chance to compete for playing time.

Willy Korn transferring probably happened too late for them to recruit a quality guy anyway.

Agree with cutigersfan11!***

Mar 4, 2010, 5:07 PM

Mar 4, 2010, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't understand.... ]

also Tajh is just a freshman...why bring in someone just to skip him on the depth chart. He would undoubtedly transfer if we did that. At some point we have to realize we can't recruit our way out of having an inexperienced QB; someone will have to actually learn from playing.

Tajh is definitely got the tools as long as he picks up the offense quick enough, and repping with the 1s is going to do wonders for him in that area. Parker will not last past next year guaranteed and i think we're stealing time if he plays in the fall.

It can't hurt to recruit for depth since Wade isnt a realistic option, but to bring in someone as were redshirting a guy would be counter-productive.

PEACE

Mar 5, 2010, 1:25 AM

Exactly. At this point the plan should be for Tajh to challenge next year and take over the year after. The dude was an Army All American MVP, which puts him in elite company. We wouldn't want to do ANYTHING to make him feel like he should transfer.

We should be able to pull a good recruit, one who can take over, either next year or the year after. If we continue the success we had last year it won't really be an issue.

If Parker playes pro ball in June, do you think Korn would

Mar 4, 2010, 8:57 PM [ in reply to I don't understand.... ]

want to stay at CU?

First off, I don't think Parker is going to the pro's this year...just saying that Korn could be an option if he did.

Korn??? huh?***

Mar 4, 2010, 10:27 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In case of the injury bug & Parker leaving, Mr. Hopkins

Mar 4, 2010, 9:15 PM [ in reply to I don't understand.... ]

has already offered his services.

So, all is good. ;)

No thanks. He's good at WR or CB***

Mar 4, 2010, 9:49 PM

I believe it was he who offered his services, though.***

Mar 4, 2010, 9:52 PM

Lost 7 games?***

Mar 4, 2010, 6:02 PM

I'm surely glad that all the tigernet coaches are on the

Mar 6, 2010, 9:00 PM

back of the bus back seat coaches. Mannnn, with all the hypethetical injuries and problems coming out in the spring. Its really surprising that a head coach lives past 35. I say just kick back and enjoy the ride. And let them prove all the naysayers wrong as they did last year.80% of the division 1 and 2 schools are going through the same growing pains as we are. The coaches do what ever they have to do with what they have to do it with. At the end of the season, the out come of the season is going to be what ever it is. Let the coaching staff do their job. And all of tiger nation do their job. And that is buy those tickets, fill death valley. Leave the stadium hoarce from being the best 12th defensive croud player in the entire country. That my tiger friends, is what rock solid tiger fans do. I'm all in no matter who we put on the field, and no matter who the coaches are. GOOOOOOOOO Tigersssssss 2010 !!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen

Mar 6, 2010, 9:04 PM

Spoken like a fan, not a frustrated wanted to be a coach.
These folks are coaches for a reason and it ain't because they're good at second guessing.

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,554
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic