Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Georgia adds Nicholls State to 2016 football schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 815

Georgia adds Nicholls State to 2016 football schedule

Aug 22, 2014, 6:47 PM

Georgia will host Nicholls State in 2016.

The Georgia Bulldogs have added the Nicholls State Colonels to their 2016 football schedule, according to a memorandum of understanding obtained from UGA.

Georgia will host Nicholls State at Sanford Stadium in Athens on a date to be determined. The two schools have never met on the football field.

Nicholls State is a member of the Southland Conference in the Football Championship Subdivision. The Colonels will receive a $525,000 guarantee for playing the game.

Georgia now has two of their four non-conference games for 2016. The Bulldogs are also scheduled to host Georgia Tech on the final weekend of the season (Nov. 26).

SEC games for the Bulldogs in 2016 include Auburn, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt at home and Kentucky, Missouri, Ole Miss, and South Carolina on the road. Georgia will also take on Florida in Jacksonville on Oct. 29.

Georgia now has one FCS team scheduled for each season through 2016. The Bulldogs host the Charleston Southern Buccaneers this season and open against the Southern Jaguars in 2015.

Back in June, Georgia announced a home-and-home football series with Notre Dame for 2017 and 2019.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand

Aug 22, 2014, 7:05 PM

bringing in a FCS team from several states away for a game.

I wish FBS would o away with them altogether, but if you are going to play one at least play one from either your state or neighboring state.

Re: I don't understand

Aug 22, 2014, 8:24 PM

Agreeance, The least we could have done was give the money to GA State or Kennesaw St. Georgia boards are pissed about this. Cant say I am a huge fan of us scheduling the Clemsons and OKSTs of the world but Nichols isn't even worth loading the car for.

Replies: 2
| visibility 815
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic