Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I dont think this early signing period is going to last....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,941

I dont think this early signing period is going to last....

Dec 19, 2017, 8:59 AM

Causes too many issues...look how many coaches changes jobs right after these kids sign.

Just have the one day in Feb...a day we all look forward to.

I give this thing about 3 years before it goes away.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's going to be interesting to see how much of that happens

Dec 19, 2017, 9:01 AM

I bet the carousel spins back up on Thursday.

Re: I dont think this early signing period is going to last....

Dec 19, 2017, 9:02 AM

You're probably not far off the mark. It's certainly not well-received by those most affected.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2017, 9:26 AM

Cannot say that I agree with this. I have not heard a single word from the athletes one way or the other. I think most of the athletes want to have this over with. This undoubtedly is an inconvenience for the coaches, strike that, multimillionaire coaches, but this is not for them.

First time I've ever agreed with you.

Dec 19, 2017, 9:02 AM

And this is not just a knee-jerk reaction to Salyer/Mays... But this early signing period looked way better before it was actually implemented. Now it is in the middle of bowl practices and looks to just be a huge headache. I believe Dabo was in favor of the early signing period, but I would not be surprised if he felt differently about it over the next couple of years.

Snowflake Basher........Out

I believe Dabo was in favor of an earlier

Dec 19, 2017, 9:07 AM

signing period, like August before their Senior year even started.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2017, 9:03 AM

How about you just go away. You’ve trolled this board too much to come over and try to talk sensibly now.

TIA

Dec 19, 2017, 9:04 AM

LOL..I dont troll...thats too boring and predictable.

Dec 19, 2017, 9:08 AM

Sure could’ve fooled me. If it walks and talks like a troll, it’s probably a troll.

Dec 19, 2017, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: I dont think this early signing period is going to last.... ]

I do have to give you guys props....this is one of the busiest boards I have ever been on.

Good for you guys.

most coaches want an early signin period

Dec 19, 2017, 9:06 AM

just not December. Most if I remember correctly want something in Early August. Some wanted something in the Spring. The spring NO! that wont happen.

Re: most coaches want an early signin period

Dec 19, 2017, 9:09 AM

That's what I recall as well. This early signing period was further compounded by the academic calendar being off a week from what it historically had been. So much compressed into so little time...a lot of moving parts.

I don't see it going away but I do see it eventually getting

moved to august.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. If a position coach or coordinator changes jobs after that signing day the signed player needs to be able to get released from his LOI. Imagine how many teams are going to sign a class and then cut loose the dead weight position coaches that they only kept in that position to keep the class in-tact? It just doesn't seem right, especially with more games to play. What if a HC is fired after the bowl game? (not likely, but still.)

I also wonder if it's going to cause drama for the kids who don't sign tomorrow. What if a big recruit has been committed for a long time but just wants to wait until February to sign? There's going to be a million headlines, "why didn't XXXX sign his letter of intent on December 20th, more details to come." Too many headaches.

What happens first?

Early signing period is ended.

or

UGA is busted for cheating.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: What happens first?

Dec 19, 2017, 9:10 AM

If the Chapel Hole investigation is any indication....

Re: What happens first?

Dec 19, 2017, 9:20 AM

Well, let’s look at Salyer. He came out and said he wanted to wait on signing and possibly take an OV to Clemson. What was it, maybe 24 hours later, if that, that he came out and changed his tune again and said he would be signing on the 20th. How much pressure and bluffing do you guys think Kirby put on him? Bluffing as in, “Jamaree, I have 2 spots for you and Mays. If you don’t sign on the 20th you very well could lose your spot because we have a list of linemen ready to sign if you don’t.”

He got pressured into signing early when he had obviously done some serious thinking and wanted to take a little more time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Needs to be in August or early Sept

Dec 19, 2017, 9:21 AM

that way the kids that really want to end their recruitment can do so. But Dec to Feb isn't enough time to really help the recruits and its a crazy time for coaches.

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,941
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic