Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't think the Canes really understand what they get with
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 4,040

I don't think the Canes really understand what they get with

Nov 28, 2017, 8:52 PM

Mark Richt.......nobody does less with more. And, they're about to find out. New Orleans, here we come.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: I don't think the Canes really understand what they get with

Nov 28, 2017, 9:01 PM

I believe you are looking at it wrong. It is the GEORGIA EFFECT. Georgia has always been perennial underachievers before and after Richt.

Richt has done quite well at Miami. He has taken a 6-7 win program and turned them into an 11-1 team. He has won a bowl game, beat FSU, and beat a top 3 team as well with Miami. He has done all of this with a team straddled with scholarship restrictions. He has this team in place to make a run into the playoffs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2017, 9:03 PM

put the pipe down

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Nov 28, 2017, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't think the Canes really understand what they get with ]

That's OK...ya'll just haven't experienced it yet. Get back to us Sunday. You'll understand better.

Screw Calford.

You're going to find out soon that you're an 8-4 team that

Nov 28, 2017, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't think the Canes really understand what they get with ]

miraculously has an 11-1 record.

EVERYBODY beat FSU.

And you did not beat a #3 team. You beat a #25 team which is temporarily sitting at #15 and which for a brief moment pretended to be #3 team with the help of tradition-blinded voters.

But enjoy your success thus far just like Georgia did under him. It won't last.

Who didn't beat FSU?***

Nov 29, 2017, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't think the Canes really understand what they get with ]

Nov 28, 2017, 9:28 PM

what The U doesn't realize is they are not in the same category as Clemson.
They are good yes but elite no, it will be evident Sat night.
At full strength playing our A game the Tigers are a step ahead of the Canes.

Nov 28, 2017, 9:43 PM

Miami has the same record as Clemson this year. Against the same competition Clemson is 3-1. Miami is 4-0 vs those same teams.

If your argument is that Miami is not in the same category as Clemson within the past 3 years than you would be correct. But this year Miami is definitely in the same category as Clemson with a better head to head record vs same competition.

Nov 28, 2017, 9:56 PM

The transitive property of football has now been cited. Guess we have no argument for that.

Message was edited by: David78®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

So you've beaten Auburn the #2 team in the nation like us?

Nov 29, 2017, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't think the Canes really understand what they get with ]

Didn't think so...
Your team is going to get Kaaya'd by our front four. Bank on it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2017, 12:54 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't think the Canes really understand what they get with ]

Clemson has played 5 ranked teams with 4 of those coming on the road. The one at home came over the now #2 team in the country. Miami has played 2 ranked teams, and both of those were played in Miami. Clemson did lose to Syracuse, but played the 1st half with our starting QB on one ankle, and played the 2nd half without him. That's not to mention the game being played on a Friday night before the bye week. Yes those are excuses, but it doesn't make them any less true. You guys played the same Syracuse team the very next week in Miami and only beat them by 8 points in a game that you led by only 1 point until under 3 minutes left, and that was with Syracuse turning it over 4 times.

Granted, if we were to play the way we did against Syracuse then of course you guys could beat us. However, if Clemson and Miami both play their very best football then Clemson wins by 10 or more.

Nov 29, 2017, 5:10 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't think the Canes really understand what they get with ]

The talent gap is about the same as it was in 2015, the only significant change being the coach. I was of the opinion before the Pitt game that Miami wouldn't win another game this year, and I don't see any reason to change that opinion now. When Miami's luck ran out against similar talent last week, the nation witnessed a double digit loss by the U. Clemson will likely beat Miami by 20+ because Clemson is better at every position, including coaches.. and does not need a gimmicky chain to win football games.

Vegas doesn’t see it that way

Nov 29, 2017, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't think the Canes really understand what they get with ]

Be prepared to play a game where you won’t get 4 turnovers and a Mickey Mouse defense

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2017, 10:00 PM

Depth... depth is the story here my friends. If Miami plays a good game, Clemson will take them into deep waters in the 4th.

One thing about it, I never saw a Georgia game where the

Nov 28, 2017, 10:03 PM

opposing team was out-coached by Richt.

I'm pretty certain that will be true Saturday for Miami.

Re: One thing about it, I never saw a Georgia game where the

Nov 28, 2017, 11:23 PM

> opposing team was out-coached by Richt.
>
> I'm pretty certain that will be true Saturday for
> Miami.

Billy,

Check the results from August 30, 2014.

Re: One thing about it, I never saw a Georgia game where the

Nov 29, 2017, 12:37 AM

Gurley was splitting carries with Marshall before getting hurt. Gurley was hurting us but we were stuffing Marshall. Then Marshall gets all the carries and we hold him in check until he gets hurt. Chubb comes in and boom! Yeah, great coaching by design?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2017, 1:00 AM

I always said Richt was Tommy Bowden with better talent. A really great guy, will win some big games, but will look like a legit top 5 team one week, and look like an average team the very next week. At the end of the day he'll do enough good things to keep just enough people happy, or at least hopeful of better days to come. I do think he was a great hire for Miami though. They needed someone to build them back up. I highly doubt they ever win a NC with him, but they had fallen so far as a program that they needed someone to at least get them to a stable position.

Nov 29, 2017, 8:14 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^This

Screw Calford.

Replies: 18
| visibility 4,040
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic