Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will This Be the Last Year of the Brownell Era?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Will This Be the Last Year of the Brownell Era?

Jan 25, 2017, 12:40 PM

Brad Brownell is a nice guy. He has done nothing to hurt the image of our school. His b-ballers are good students and good citizens. But, I think this was to be a breakthrough year where we finally made it back to the NCAAs and also be highly competitive in the league. Unless we go on a wild run to end the season here in the last eight weeks, it is likely that we will regress and maybe not even achieve a 500 record in the league.

Our teams are tough though never as talented as much of the ACC competition we play so when it comes down to ends of games, we just don't have, as a team, what it takes to finish. Further, end of game play calling on both offense and defense seems questionable.

Are we going to finally say that Brownell is a great coach for a mid-major program but not for a major conference program. We need someone new I think. The Brownell experiment was not a Shyatt disaster, but it was not a Barnes level or even a Purnell level program. With the support that Clemson has, we must finally dig deep in the athletic coffers and hire a real top notch coach who can not only recruit but coach well inside games.

Just sad over the continuing acceptance of mediocrity in the basketball program where we do not accept it anywhere else. We should want to be championship caliber in basketball just like all of our other sports programs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misspelled "error."***

Jan 25, 2017, 12:43 PM

I don't think it will be and that is mainly due to his

Jan 25, 2017, 12:46 PM

big buyout. I think our mistake was 2014 when we gave him a 6 year ext and such a large buyout in his contract. Bet we won't pay and stuck with him for at least 2 more seasons.

Re: I don't think it will be and that is mainly due to his

Jan 25, 2017, 2:13 PM

Your probably right that he will be here at least 2 more years - AD Radahewitt saw to that!

Re: I don't think it will be and that is mainly due to his

Jan 25, 2017, 3:34 PM [ in reply to I don't think it will be and that is mainly due to his ]

That's not how it works. We didn't give him a 6 year extension - we gave him a 6 year contract. There are only 3 years left on his contract after this season. His buyout never drops below $3 million. This is a contract season. With 3 years left you either extend the contract or move on. He has no reason to renegotiate his terms and we certainly have no reason to offer him more money. Short of a miraculous turn around he is done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has a chance to land the #2 prospect in the nation

Jan 25, 2017, 3:01 PM

This negative talk doesn't help

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He has a chance to land the #2 prospect in the nation

Jan 25, 2017, 5:16 PM

LOL

using a chat board to put questions into the mind of a teen

Jan 25, 2017, 5:55 PM

about the longevity of a coaching staff?

gee, and I thought I knew what social media was all about...

the LOL here is the continuing barrage of naysaying

around a team that clearly hasn't lived up to expectations

but was built on pieces that no one had seen in action.

now that's frickin' LOL !

effin' so-called "fans"...

Re: using a chat board to put questions into the mind of a teen

Jan 26, 2017, 1:26 PM

I'm sure a 5 star recruit isnt gonna notice that the coach has less than 3 years on his contract (come signing day) and no history of success if it weren't for these darn message boards.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will This Be the Last Year of the Brownell Era?

Jan 25, 2017, 5:49 PM

Sad to say but we may not ever get "there" with him. DR will probably give him another year or 2 with the facilities.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic