Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson's fan base and how it has changed....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,852

Clemson's fan base and how it has changed....

Dec 11, 2013, 2:47 PM

It doesn't take long to get on a board like this and see the wildly vicious attacks on a coach that has won 30 games in three years and is about to lead us to our second Orange bowl in three years. It also doesn't take long to realize that many of these fans are not like many of us who grew up traveling wherever Clemson went. Alot of us have become absolute spoiled brats (you know who you are you croakie wearing crybaby) that only #####. I say this, if you go to the Orange Bowl, then you can say what you want. If you don't go, then shut up, you are part of the problem. And don't ##### about money. The old solid Clemson fans would've made it happen regardless.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep

Dec 11, 2013, 2:48 PM

Those scar beat downs have spoiled the ish out of me....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry but your just wrong

Dec 11, 2013, 3:13 PM

I'm not going to the Orange Bowl, nor would I have if we would have beaten SC. We (my wife and I) simply do not have the money to travel, nor can just take the time off work. If we did have the money, we would likely go. You must be pretty blessed if you don't think its a big deal to just take off from work and throw a couple of grand down and head to the Orange Bowl. Must be nice. But we live in the real world, and simply do not have that kind of money. It does not make me any less of a fan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen.....have no idea what planet this dude is living on

Dec 11, 2013, 3:23 PM

where money doesn't have a direct impact on whether or not a Tiger fan travels to Miami or not. I'm not sure what he wants us to do to "make it happen"....

I don't think he is saying you should go

Dec 11, 2013, 3:15 PM

But if you don't go or donate money to the school then you really have no right to complain.

Re: I don't think he is saying you should go

Dec 11, 2013, 3:16 PM

What if I spend money on attire that the school gets royalties for and buy regular season tickets and weatch games to increase ratings and advertise for said school by wearing said apparell? Does that count or do I have to be rich to have a voice?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2013, 3:19 PM

anyone that pays for cable tv donates money to the school.

thanks Yolanda Johnson of Escondido California for your support of Clemson athletics!

das what I'm sayin'***

Dec 11, 2013, 3:23 PM

Dec 11, 2013, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't think he is saying you should go ]

Sure you get a voice. But what benefit are you doing for the program if all you do is complain. Building a winning program takes more than wearing a t-shirt or taking every opportunity to tear down that program. I would argue that those that contribute financially or otherwise ought to have the power to effectuate change. Alabama and Texas aren't fighting over Nick Saban because some Alabama fan or Texas fan wears a t-shirt. College football is about the almighty dollar. It's hard for me to listen to people complaining on here day after day when all they have to offer are complaints. This is a BCS bowl.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2013, 4:21 PM

You apparently only key in on the complaints. If it bothers you that much you shouldn't waste your time on message boards.

This is 'merica. Troops died so we could complain about

Dec 11, 2013, 3:21 PM [ in reply to I don't think he is saying you should go ]

everything.

Dec 11, 2013, 8:52 PM [ in reply to I don't think he is saying you should go ]

> But if you don't go or donate money to the school
> then you really have no right to complain.

Well I spent enough $ on my daughter's CU education (a good investment I may say) to have grumble rights now and then.

I also think someone can be a fan w/o attending, sending, etc.

I would say regular season tickets is good enough

Dec 11, 2013, 3:19 PM

Apparel and TV is negligible.

Re: Clemson's fan base and how it has changed....

Dec 11, 2013, 4:13 PM

I say if you didn't go to the last one, you have no reason to talk. There was no one there. Quite pathetic actually.

Crump <3 $EC

So you're also a Long Horn fan? Aren't they about to

Dec 11, 2013, 4:16 PM

actually crap on a coach that took them from dust to a National Championship?

They should look at what happened to Tennessee - Karma is a beatch.

Re: So you're also a Long Horn fan? Aren't they about to

Dec 11, 2013, 4:22 PM

Or they could look at Auburn...

You know, you might want to check out TCI. They weed out

Dec 11, 2013, 8:40 PM

coots who pretend to be Tigers and they are banned. The negativity towards the coach, players, fan base,etc. is rare. Anyone who thinks a message board is indicative of the mood of a fan base is naive. Way too many imposters are allowed to dissent on this site, and to do so under the guise that they are Tiger Fans. If is really the only thing I detest on this site. I could put up with Gamecock fans coming on here and stating that Dabo is a terrible coach,etc. As long as the poster was clearly recognized as a COOT. Well, we regulars absolutely recognize them, but the occasional viewer does not.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,852
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic