Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Arian Foster at Tennessee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 3,677

Arian Foster at Tennessee

Jul 26, 2015, 10:38 PM

Makes you wonder....

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/23750851/arian-foster-i-was-getting-money-on-the-side-at-tennessee

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I have a really close friend who personally

Jul 26, 2015, 10:55 PM

knows a certain UGA player. They know each other through college football as my friend plays for another school and this UGA player is good. There's no sense saying his name. My friend told me and other close friends one night that the player willingly admitted to him that they get paid A LOT of money from boosters all the time. It was like he was bragging about it, which I think I might would too. Said they would "hit them up" on the phone and see if they needed anything from clothes to car accessories. It was their way to look after the guys.

I'm not saying Clemson is clean, heck I don't think any place is. I think it's basically who can cover up the best. I hope our guys don't play show and tell if it is going on here.

The fact that more and more former players are coming out and saying stuff like this is scary. Soon, "student-athlete" will have no meaning at all.

I don't think it's that uncommon - especially at the

Jul 26, 2015, 10:59 PM

traditionally big-time football and basketball schools.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I don't think it's that uncommon - especially at the

Jul 26, 2015, 11:18 PM

And the NCAA does nothing about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think it's that uncommon - especially at the

Jul 27, 2015, 12:59 AM

I think that is bc it has gotten to far out of hand to control, coaches has to win or big time media comments about them will get them fired!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think Universities have any more facility than the..

Jul 27, 2015, 6:23 AM [ in reply to I have a really close friend who personally ]

NCAA to monitor the boosters' and player's interactions. If a booster is discovered giving money or cars to players we can't expect the University to rat itself out to the NCAA. Matter-of-fact, I would expect the opposite. It's like unintentionally breaking the law.

Think about that stop sign you didn't see and blew through the intersection, I bet the first thing you did is find the local police and turn yourself in so they could fine you for it.

While I don't expect Clemson to turn itself in on a major violation committed by someone other than an employee, I expect a scolding and some punishment for the student and perhaps a come to Jesus moment between the coach and booster.

I know Dabo isn't going to approve any such behavior from players or his staff. I know Coach Mark at UGAy isn't either. Those are the only two coaches in the south east in whom I have any confidence when it comes to moral integrity and proper ethical behavior.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think Universities have any more facility than the..

Jul 27, 2015, 6:48 AM

Dabo played at Alabama , he knows this first hand. Nobody is a fool enough to deny that this is a regular occurrence , and i would hedge a guess that about 90% of it is done outside of the coaches knowledge .
Kids meet people on campus or in the community that have connections, ya dig ?
The NCAA couldn't find an aspirin in a drugstore , they have to be led to the perps by those either directly or indirectly involved.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 27, 2015, 7:01 AM

Pump the brakes there. I hate the NCAA but they get a bad rap with the whole enforcement thing.

They don't have the power to subpeona bank records so they really have no power to expose anything. Boosters used to give cash so you could go to a kid and ask him where he got the cash but then boosters (working in conjunction with assistant coaches) got wise and started using prepaid visa cards. How does the NCAA track that?

They also do things for family members now and not the player. Can't nail that down, either.

When the NCAA did step it up and go after schools with younger rabid investigators they had the Miami fiasco where they overstepped what they could legally do.

So, yes, the NCAA does suck with all their corruption and policies and rules (which come from coaches actively trying to subvert them) but it is really hard to stop boosters.

(oh and head coaches try to turn a blind eye but its just to have plausible deniability--assist. coaches are required to haul in the big fish or you get fired, its a fraternity and thats why its often the same guys being recycled around...)

Jul 27, 2015, 7:29 AM

With all due respect, the NCAA is a joke...has zero credibility and is the sole basis for the college landscape undergoing a dramatic change. First off, never, NEVER establish rules that can not be enforced. Never, NEVER impose penalties upon an institution, without preparing to do the same to another.

Change is here to stay and, as such, the NCAA needs to take a swim in quicksand...no need to return. The damage it inflicted has left lasting scars...and college athletics can't possibly worsen with its demise.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw this one last week

Jul 27, 2015, 7:33 AM

This was in 2013 at Tennessee I just thought it was food for thought when we are looking how they handle these things.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/2013/09/12/bray-couch-ut-vols-agent-probation/2807165/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 9
| visibility 3,677
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic