Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't talk politics on baords where I am a guest.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

I don't talk politics on baords where I am a guest.

Jun 2, 2020, 9:08 AM

But, in light of the conversation on here about the media attacking Dabo, I thought I would share this observation.

On Golic and Wingo a few minutes ago they were interviewing an African-American WNBA player who went to Notre Dame. Her point was HS athletes should look at what coaches are saying in reaction to Floyd's death. She talked at length about how important it was for coaches to make a strong statement and not just some mild comment "because someone told them they needed to say something."

Dabo's name never came up. But, I got the distinct impression that the undercurrent was coaches should be making stronger statements than those made by Dabo.

She talked about how important it was for HS players to pay careful attention to what the coaches are saying now as they decide which college to go to.

Here is my observation: She didn't volunteer, and nobody asked her (including the two Golic's who are ND alums and huge fans of the school), "What has Chip Kelly said? Has he issued any public statement? What about the new women's basketball coach? Has she issued any statement?"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I care more about what our players think about Dabo than what

Jun 2, 2020, 9:16 AM

Some outside person says or thinks. If the leaders on our team, many of which are brown have his back then it’s because he’s talked more with his love for them than his words ever will. The problem is, and Dabo is well aware, that no matter what he says or how he says it, anybody can spin what he says or didn’t say to their argument. People are never satisfied until they have the blood of those they envy. It’s really an eerie sensation that people want to see others fail, especially ones that seem good.

I'm sure Coach has had very deep, thoughtful discussions

Jun 2, 2020, 9:19 AM

with the prospects he communicates with. And those who haven't that are interested in Clemson can reach out to him or his staff if needed.

This world is so self-righteous with the social media posts. Like ANY of it matters.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't talk politics on baords where I am a guest.

Jun 2, 2020, 9:20 AM

They aren’t interested in being fair. Dabo is the guy at the top, regardless of what our sec friends think. He is the biggest target for criticism.

Even if he had said exactly what the media wanted to hear, they would have found something to criticize. They would have said it was a forced statement and revert to his stance on paying players. He can’t win with the media.

What’s the stronger statement: post something to Twitter one time or telling your players you love them, every day? According to the media, the twitter statement is all that matters.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anything to stir up clicks during a crisis.

Jun 2, 2020, 9:23 AM

Dabo spoke to the media yesterday about what's going on and said everything you'd expect him to say. Couple of things that could go on t-shirts. But that's not good enough for the media; Dabo has to respond on THEIR schedule. It's absurd.

Just click generation at it's sleaziest, scummiest form. MSN was one of the ones going after Dabo; I'm never clicking anything from them again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anything to stir up clicks during a crisis.

Jun 2, 2020, 9:26 AM

I don’t recommend venturing over to Sports Illustrated...they’ll be on your don’t click list too.

Jun 2, 2020, 9:28 AM

what has the "media" done but try to inflame the situation as much as they can for views and clicks? What about Kapernick, or Jessie, or Sharpton? Has anyone other than a mayor or governor tried to reason with protesters? I'm not following this in huge depth because its obvious what was done to start it is wrong. And I get tired of seeing innocent businesses victimizes because some want to use this as an excuse to loot and vandalize.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 10:07 AM

Dems hold sway have followed a similar pattern of reducing the police presence, well into the midst of the mass rioting expressions of protest-gives the appearance of coordination, along with the relative silence from Dem leaders of both houses-

Jun 2, 2020, 11:51 AM

I tried to get J.J. To interpret your SOC but Dem bones was too busy spinning in the grave.
Best.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Media is all about creating (fabricating)sensational stories

Jun 2, 2020, 11:01 AM

If Dabo is a bad guy in this country, then I'd love to hear their definition of good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 11:32 AM

Speaking out for a cause to gain one's approval is not the best way to judge a person's stand on an issue. The most important thing is to see how they live there beliefs. I would venture to say, every player on our football team knows exactly where Dabo stands. Actions speak louder than words.

Unfortunately, issues of this nature becomes a political issue that drives a wedge between those trying to solve a problem.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 12:32 PM

The interview right before Arike Ogubowale was Tajh Boyd. Tajh, as you would expect, had nothing but great things to say about Dabo and the Clemson program. He called attention to the number of wise principled black men that Dabo has in his program, like Woody McCorvey and Jeff Davis, from whom he genuinely seeks counsel. Also, he could not have been more proud of Trevor Lawrence. So, while some media outlets have been quite biased, this particular show did make an effort to present more than one side.

Also, for what it’s worth, if a player wants to pick a school based on the coaches response to this murder it’s their right. It’s no less valid than picking a school because you like the coaches religion, its adjacency to a beach, or whether or not it has a chic-fila.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 2:02 PM

bretfsu said:

But, in light of the conversation on here about the media attacking Dabo, I thought I would share this observation.

On Golic and Wingo a few minutes ago they were interviewing an African-American WNBA player who went to Notre Dame. Her point was HS athletes should look at what coaches are saying in reaction to Floyd's death. She talked at length about how important it was for coaches to make a strong statement and not just some mild comment "because someone told them they needed to say something."

Dabo's name never came up. But, I got the distinct impression that the undercurrent was coaches should be making stronger statements than those made by Dabo.

She talked about how important it was for HS players to pay careful attention to what the coaches are saying now as they decide which college to go to.

Here is my observation: She didn't volunteer, and nobody asked her (including the two Golic's who are ND alums and huge fans of the school), "What has Chip Kelly said? Has he issued any public statement? What about the new women's basketball coach? Has she issued any statement?"

I guess I don't get it... What does anyone expect Dabo or any other coach to say? If they say anything it will be the same boiler plate stuff we have already heard from every virtue signalling mouthpiece on TV and social media: "Racism is evil", "we need to listen and love one another", "we need to come together and fight hate" etc... Is there any recruit, player, fan, or media type who has ever spent any time around Dabo and the Clemson program that seriously thinks Dabo doesn't absolutely abhor racism or what happened to George Floyd?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 2:16 PM

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. My post wasn't pointed at Dabo, although I could see how it would be read that way due to my poor wording.

The point is that an ND graduate was being interviewed and she said that players should listen very carefully to what college coaches are saying in response to the Floyd murder. She said that her coach, rececently retired, was very understanding and supportive of black players and understood the difficult road they had to travel. But, no one asked what to me would have been a very logical follow up. "What are the current ND coaches saying?"

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic