Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't see why everyone is upset with the noon kickoffs...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

I don't see why everyone is upset with the noon kickoffs...

Oct 18, 2012, 7:23 AM

It's a PRIMETIME 8:30pm game here in Kabul!!! More noon kickoffs please. I don't mind losing sleep to watch the Tigers but i'd rather not;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally I always liked them, as a student and now as

Oct 18, 2012, 7:35 AM

I have to drive about 6 hours to get there. Usually drive up and back same day as I usually have to get back to work. As a student they did not have lights back then so all games were early. It helped so after the game I still had time to do weekend class assignments.

Oklahoma and Texas played a noon games last Saturday.

Oct 18, 2012, 7:38 AM

One of the biggest rivalries in college football. People on boards just like to #### and moan. They act like it just happens to us Night games would be cool sometimes

Re: Oklahoma and Texas played a noon games last Saturday.

Oct 18, 2012, 8:11 AM

That was actually an 11:00 am game in their time zone. Can you imagine how our fans would feel about that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well I was reading through some other teams' boards

Oct 18, 2012, 8:47 AM

yesterday and UNC hasn't had a home night game since 2004 so it could be worse. According to them their admin doesn't like night games either.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They've had some bad incidents on Franklin St***

Oct 18, 2012, 8:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

pretty sure the last time we played un chapel hil it was a

Oct 18, 2012, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Well I was reading through some other teams' boards ]

Night game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Nope, it was either a noon or 3:30, all I remember was

Oct 18, 2012, 9:00 AM

being in the blaring sun the whole time, they were renovating the stadium and you couldn't see a corner of the field because they had moved the jumbotron up to the field on scaffolding (which you couldn't see from the visitor section). Was a crappy game to be at, and Ron Cherry screwed us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So a ref screwed us in Chapel Hill? Seems odd

Oct 18, 2012, 9:24 AM

I can't recall that happening to us very often

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Yep - I was there. It sucked. And it was daylight while it

Oct 18, 2012, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Nope, it was either a noon or 3:30, all I remember was ]

was sucking.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe it was 2 times ago then. in which case it would

Oct 18, 2012, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Nope, it was either a noon or 3:30, all I remember was ]

probably be that 2004 night game they are talking about

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: Maybe it was 2 times ago then. in which case it would

Oct 18, 2012, 4:31 PM

North Carolina has had at least 2 night game that I attended.

The Heels played UCONN at 7 PM
http://www.goheels.com/ViewContent.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3350&CONTENT_ID=199356

The Heels played Florida State on a Thursday night in 2009

Right, so ONE game of theirs was a noon kick. Realize

Oct 18, 2012, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Oklahoma and Texas played a noon games last Saturday. ]

they've had 3-4 night games a year?

Re: I don't see why everyone is upset with the noon kickoffs...

Oct 18, 2012, 7:59 AM

Thank You for your service

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2012, 8:10 AM

agreed, just realized all of the post. Thanks for your service

Oct 18, 2012, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't see why everyone is upset with the noon kickoffs... ]

Noon kickoffs are great. It is nice to get there in the morning, walk around and then have plenty of time to tailgate after the game and watch more football.

Also never understood the argument that noon games are bad if you have to travel to get there. You either leave really early for the noon game or if it is a night game you get home really late. Kind of a pick your poison.

Now a 3:30 game might be easier for driving but it is still going to be a long day if you are travelling 3 hours or more no matter what time the game starts.

Best Reason I've Heard For a Noon Game Yet***

Oct 18, 2012, 8:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2012, 8:21 AM

I don't mind noon games at all but I probably like 3:00 games the best. Really don't like night games..... way too late getting home....

For me, I'd rather have the guy that sits in front of me ...

Oct 18, 2012, 8:21 AM

have a stomach full of burgers ...

rather than a stomach full of eggs ...

Call me selfish.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for your service, prayers for your safe return soon

Oct 18, 2012, 8:34 AM

unless you are just on vacation in Kabul ;)

Ha! thnx!!***

Oct 18, 2012, 9:33 AM

Oct 18, 2012, 8:35 AM

Brother if it makes your lives better I vote we play nothing but noon games from now on.Good luck and we'll add you to our prayers with my brother-in-law who's flying cover for medevac choppers over there.PS Some day somebody is going explain how you guys get that half hour added over there!

I hear ya, brother! And AFN is showing it

Oct 18, 2012, 8:49 AM

Sure beats getting up (or staying up until) 4 AM like our other two televised games.

I'm not complaining!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.cutigers.com/2009/football/virginia/slides/_KWB7614a.jpg

Re: I hear ya, brother! And AFN is showing it

Oct 18, 2012, 9:32 AM

Yessir...plus the Thursday night game should be on too!

Semper Fi devildog.

Oct 18, 2012, 6:48 PM

OoohRah!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

12 o'clock games

Oct 18, 2012, 8:02 PM

8 a:m bloody Mary's

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive