Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tua at Alabama very minimal game experience so who knows how he plays next year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Tua at Alabama very minimal game experience so who knows how he plays next year

Feb 1, 2018, 11:38 AM

I’ve seen some folks here concerned and maybe they are right. He could be really good or even great but at this point a few mop up duties against lesser teams and 2nd/3rd string defense.

In Championship game it was unique situation for 1/2 of a game. He did play great, truly awesome game. BUT Iit was a half of football against a team in Georgia who was up big and were already seeing the celebration afterwards maybe. He proved he could get it done for that game in 30 minutes of football where he had NOTHING to lose. Backup QB, down big in Championship, if he fails to lead comeback then nobody expected him to do it anyway, and if he did succeed in comeback then WOW what a Performance for the ages.

It’s possuble he will be great at Alabama and if so they will continue to be elite in SEC. However that is not a given and maybe everyone including the media can slow down a bit on him. Putting a TON of pressure on him to perform like All - American and he has hardly played in all honesty.

What I’m truly excited and anxious to see is just how good this 2018 Clemson team can be. Whoever the QB is, Bryant/Johnson or Lawrence throwing to Higgins, Rogers, Renfrow, Thompson, Overton, Chase..... Oh baby I’m ready for some ????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tua at Alabama very minimal game experience so who knows how he plays next year

Feb 1, 2018, 11:53 AM

We've seen this ###### before with Cardale Jones so it's definitely possible. He made some iffy plays in that championship that wound up working but could have ended badly.

I wouldn'd expect on him flaming out though. He seems well grounded and it's still an offense that isn't necessarily going to ask all that much of him. They had Tua act as the player host for Ross on his visit to help sell it, but it's still going to be a run first and run heavy offense because that's what Saban does.

Re: Tua at Alabama very minimal game experience so who knows how he plays next year

Feb 1, 2018, 11:54 AM

Weird, my blocked word was supposed to be ######.

Feb 1, 2018, 11:54 AM

S C R I P T

I’m in agreement, Tua does seem very humble and is level headed

Feb 1, 2018, 12:00 PM

Maybe we see those guys again in 11 months, which is fine by me ??

Kenny thrill***

Feb 1, 2018, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Tua at Alabama very minimal game experience so who knows how he plays next year ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I don't see how the pressure gets much greater than coming

Feb 1, 2018, 12:21 PM

in cold in the National Championship game, especially after he threw a pick on his third possession. I thought he showed a Watson-esque poise in that game.

But, no matter how good he is, Alabama isn't going to suddenly start slinging it all over the place. Great defense, strong running game and throw it occasionally if you can't run it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't see how the pressure gets much greater than coming

Feb 1, 2018, 1:49 PM

I agree that Bama will remain a run first offense but I do think that they will have a lot more confidence in their ability to pass the ball and feature it more often than they have with Hurts as the starter.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are right, National Championship game is pretty much pressure packed

Feb 1, 2018, 2:20 PM [ in reply to I don't see how the pressure gets much greater than coming ]

But then again what was there to lose ?? If he plays poorly and Alabama still loses then nothing changed. Hurts was not leading that team back to win, gutsy but necessary move in order to have a chance at winning the game.

Now the true pressure is on with the offseason expectations and all the media love of Alabama. Either way, excited for this Tiger team and the talent and character they will put on the field ????

Feb 1, 2018, 3:45 PM

Yeah. Not like TL. Go Tigers.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2018, 6:24 PM

Tua is going to be special. Which is scary to think about a Bama team with a bonafied QB. This play was incredible https://youtu.be/4Zd3bgOa61k

Feb 1, 2018, 6:40 PM

Has a Tebow like delivery, long, low. and slow

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic