Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don’t really care that we aren’t playing the Coots this year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,551

I don’t really care that we aren’t playing the Coots this year.

Jul 30, 2020, 8:50 PM

Sure, I’d love to beat them again, but let’s be honest. The game isn’t really much of a rivalry anymore. They aren’t good enough to challenge us, and they don’t do much for our strength of schedule.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

They can't stop us from SEVEN in a row next year either

Jul 30, 2020, 8:53 PM

Consecutive is only a word. Seven still comes after six... and before Eight! :)

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

they forfeited this year so thats seven***

Jul 31, 2020, 10:54 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don’t really care that we aren’t playing the Coots this year.

Jul 30, 2020, 9:11 PM

I was looking forward to "7th Heaven"!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 9:17 PM

I said something similar in another thread. We basically know the outcome, but it’s great to see the young guys get to slip around on chicken guts after the first quarter.

Other than that, meh. I think the revenue in DV would be helpful too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently you don't care if we play at all this year...

Jul 30, 2020, 9:21 PM

...since we should have done the right thing and cancelled our season weeks ago. Remember that post? Would have been such a feel good woke story though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Apparently you don’t read well.

Jul 31, 2020, 9:25 AM

Of course I want a season. I like Clemson football. I post here often about it.

My suggestion for Clemson to step up and decide not to play this year has nothing to do with what I want, and everything to do with what I think is right.

I also believe having a season this year is very unlikely to go well. What happens when a significant number of players on a team get COVID? Are the games still played? If a team still plays without many of its key players, would it be deemed unfair? What happens when coaches get COVID? What if someone dies?

I just don’t see it going well. Too much risk for harm to people’s health. Plus, it’s still so political that the NCAA and conferences aren’t going to risk continuing to play if the case numbers are rising and additional people are needlessly dying from it.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I sort of agree. I mean not playing them is a stain ....

Jul 30, 2020, 9:23 PM

on the rivalry. They didn't fight hard enough to keep it though. Why is that?

I think we all know the answer to that question.

They are in the windshield and our program is more important and more significant to college football.

Bye chickens and good luck on your .500 (at best) season in 2020 even without playing us.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 9:33 PM

Do you live in the state of South Carolina? The fivepeat was brutal down in the lowcountry. Not getting to demolish them is a big let down, to say the least. I savor every beat down that we deliver.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The beat downs are special . . .

Jul 30, 2020, 9:50 PM

up here in NC too!!! I will miss the carnage.

No, I don’t currently live in SC but I was born and raised there.

Jul 31, 2020, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: I don’t really care that we aren’t playing the Coots this year. ]

I’m not minimizing the importance of bragging rights. My post was more a joke about how pathetic a rival they have become.

Of course you don't.

Jul 30, 2020, 10:42 PM

You wanted to scrap the WHOLE season not long ago.

I never said that I don’t want a season.

Jul 31, 2020, 9:50 AM

What I said is that I don’t think there should be a season. We’ve invested way too much to get through this pandemic to risk more lives just for football. I really enjoy football, but I don’t think it’s more important than people’s lives.

Football seems a lot less important when you think about all the lives lost and impacted thus far.

And for the record, I still don’t think there will be a complete season.

Re: I Want To Get To 10 Wins In A Row Against Chickenlina ---

Jul 30, 2020, 10:46 PM

Then after that another 10.....and so on ...and so on....and so on.

This football year is just going to be too odd not having Chickenlina and Death Valley not even half filled for any game. Just don't want a tainted season whatsoever...plus any sick players and staff members.

When your goal is a national championship,

Jul 31, 2020, 9:29 AM

they are one of the least important games you play. The strongest path to the playoffs is through the conference championship, and they don't affect that, nor do they boost our SOS.

Don't get me wrong: I love the rivalry too, and am sad we're not playing them. But I also have my sights on a bigger prize, so I'm not TOO sad about it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 9:34 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jul 31, 2020, 9:55 AM

I guess I'll have to change my avatar...

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,551
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic