Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Herbstreit apologizes to OSU fans about tweets following loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

TNET: Herbstreit apologizes to OSU fans about tweets following loss

Jan 9, 2020, 1:01 PM

Kirk Herbstreit apologizes to OSU fans about tweets following loss to Clemson

Everyone seems to be upset about something nowadays. ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit apologized to several Ohio State fans that were upset by his 'inappropriate re Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did the buck nut fans apologize to him for the crap

Jan 9, 2020, 1:07 PM

they spewed at him?

Re: did the buck nut fans apologize to him for the crap

Jan 9, 2020, 1:24 PM

the man moved from Ohio a few years go because of their junk. I'll be darned if I would give them the satisfaction by apologizing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OSU whiners probably complained to ESPN***

Jan 9, 2020, 2:07 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I don't know which is worse...

Jan 9, 2020, 1:11 PM

the fact a couple of provoking, mouthy OH St idiots cried about those responses, or the fact Kirk apologized. What kind of candyassery is this?

Re: I don't know which is worse...

Jan 9, 2020, 1:23 PM

All of these media guys want to please as many fan bases as possible in order to keep or generate greater ratings. Ohio State may have the biggest base, so don't you dare go making them cry. Bless their hearts.

I think Kirk said what he meant the first time.

Jan 9, 2020, 1:30 PM

Likely his bosses required him to respond in this manner to reduce the static from OSU.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and sometimes you think about your response and wish it

Jan 9, 2020, 1:50 PM

had been different. nothing wrong that, doesn't make him a #####.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2020, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't know which is worse... ]

They are essentially politicians.

Jan 9, 2020, 4:19 PM [ in reply to I don't know which is worse... ]

the fact a couple of provoking, mouthy OH St idiots cried about those responses, or the fact Kirk apologized. What kind of candyassery is this?

Better wrap the ankles in kerosene soaked rags before the ants get them.

...Or that grown men tweet period.***

Jan 9, 2020, 5:47 PM [ in reply to I don't know which is worse... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ...Or that grown men tweet period.***

Jan 10, 2020, 6:27 AM

True words have never been spoken.

Don't have a Twitter account......never will.

Jan 9, 2020, 6:44 PM [ in reply to I don't know which is worse... ]

A couple? How about this is the prevailing attitude by most Ohio St fans. Even now, nearly 2 weeks later.

There's a reason Herbie had to move from Ohio to TN

Jan 9, 2020, 1:33 PM

Those OSU fans are #######.

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit apologies to OSU fans about tweets following loss to Clemson

Jan 9, 2020, 1:33 PM

Ugh. The fact that Kirk has to apologize for speaking his mind because of Twitter Trolls is absurd.

I enjoy his reactions and know that he will further censor himself due to this.

It’s not cool. OSU fans that attacked him should be ashamed of themselves. They deserved every response he gave them.

Ridiculous.

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit apologies to OSU fans about tweets following loss to Clemson

Jan 9, 2020, 4:11 PM

Welcome to the Millennial generation...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2020, 6:47 PM

Also known as the Victim Society

Jan 9, 2020, 1:46 PM

As usual, Herbie was balanced and articulate, even while stooping to their level.

Hate it that he felt the need to apologize, but he's probably trying to set a good example to his sons. Kinda hard to advise your teenagers to refrain from engaging with mouthy people who just want to distract you, when you have done it very publicly yourself.

By all accounts, Herbie tries to be a good dad to his 4 boys. The travel schedule makes it tougher.

Jan 9, 2020, 2:17 PM

Honestly I think I would have been inclined to tell them to go to he77 and shut up. Whinny little creeps.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2020, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit apologies to OSU fans about tweets following loss to Clemson ]

Slurping...

Nothing worse than appologizing for telling (what you think)

Jan 9, 2020, 2:45 PM

is the truth.

That's just great!

Jan 9, 2020, 2:47 PM

Everybody got a chance to vent, and Kirk got a chance to look remorseful and appease the millennials. Everybody wins!

What he should've said is YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

Re: TNET: Herbstreit apologizes to OSU fans about tweets following loss

Jan 9, 2020, 3:29 PM

that apology is disappointing, and only given b/c esecpn told him to do it. he didn't say anything that wasn't true the first time.

Jan 9, 2020, 3:39 PM

He apologized but he wasn't wrong.

Jan 9, 2020, 3:57 PM

He spoke the truth, but maybe a little too harshly given that the entire world was his audience. He has risen above the ######### and loonies while still having the honest truth out there in the ether. Good for him.

Too bad he isn't my age...you know that twilight

Jan 9, 2020, 4:04 PM

age where you don't mind telling people to kiss your ...lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Too bad he isn't my age...you know that twilight

Jan 9, 2020, 9:21 PM

I'm smack in the middle years, run my own business, and I can tell you that I have no problem telling someone to suck ### and pound sand. Herbie works for a company that is politically correct, highly liberal and not concerned for anyones own personal beliefs. Your every action must protect the company.

In whose world does he owe these idiots an apology?

Jan 9, 2020, 4:08 PM

How else do you respond to idiots? You can't exactly sit down and talk rationally with them. I tried that at the airport the day after the game when an Ohio State fan, with absolutely no provocation other than I was walking down the concourse wearing a Clemson cap, layed into me about "Clemson wouldn't have won if they hadn't brought their own referees to the game." Good Heavens, Buckeye fans. Wasn't it enough that you cheered when TL16 was targeted in the 2nd quarter... and then you booed when he got up and trotted off the field... and then booed again when he came back into the game. Has it really been that long since you were significant?

IMHO, the BuckNut nuts have taken over from Bama and Coot U as the most buttt hurt fans in the country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In whose world does he owe these idiots an apology?

Jan 9, 2020, 9:30 PM

I have to say, lsu fans are the most obnoxious, nasty and butthurt asylum escapees I have ever had the misfortune to come across. I was at the peach bowl back in 96. Every single escapee that I came across in atlanta wanted to either fight me or be part of some perverted sex act. At least USuC fans are laughable. Those fruitloops were severely deranged.

He came at some of his osu dudes hard but...

Jan 9, 2020, 4:10 PM

I would much prefer that direct in-your-face over the snark and sarcasm Fowler and other espn’ers come at Dabo and Clemson with. That’s where the real apology is due.

Jan 9, 2020, 4:32 PM

I think his apology, if sincere, would be for the "you're either deaf or don't have closed captions, or have closed captions but can't read."

That's a little unlike Herbie.

Doubt that's apology-worthy, but he did bark at the dog, so to speak.

Frankly, I disagreed with him. I thought all of the overturns were correct, including the one that went against DK1. But Herb was clear in his articulation. Most fans do not listen to the explanations given by refs or commentators, either one.

Jan 9, 2020, 4:32 PM

I think his apology, if sincere, would be for the "you're either deaf or don't have closed captions, or have closed captions but can't read."

That's a little unlike Herbie.

Doubt that's apology-worthy, but he did bark at the dog, so to speak.

Frankly, I disagreed with him. I thought all of the overturns were correct, including the one that went against DK1. But Herb was clear in his articulation. Most fans do not listen to the explanations given by refs or commentators, either one.

OS fans Wrong on Two Points

Jan 9, 2020, 4:39 PM

2 Observations... 1) How can OS fans think that their team "dominated"? From the latter part of the 2nd period Clemson outscored them 29 to 7! If they were "dominating" they shouldn't have to base their hopes on a questionable call or unusual circumstance with so much other time in the game. 2) Clemson was adjusting to the speed of the game in the 1st quarter... Ohio St jumped to the conclusion that they were the better team too quickly!

Jan 9, 2020, 5:10 PM

I rarely disagree with Herbie but after attending the last two playoff games against tOSU I’m fairly certain more than 5% of them fall into that category.....

Jan 9, 2020, 5:31 PM

Facebook and Tweeter get more people in trouble than alcohol and weed.

Wow

Jan 9, 2020, 6:31 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't see anything wrong with his tweets? There is nothing worth apologizing over.

If he's doing it because he holds himself to a higher standard, then I can respect that. If he's being pressured to do it by the powers that be, then that's ridiculous.

Re: Wow

Jan 9, 2020, 9:40 PM

Sometimes people have to swallow their pride in order to keep their jobs. Espn doesnt care about your integrity or honesty, only their own needs.

Jan 9, 2020, 6:42 PM

NOW Herbie’s being political. There is absolutely nothing wrong with how he laid it down originally to the biased Ohio St fans. He makes himself look worse by backpedaling now.

BTW if Clemson wins, fully expect that Ohio St will do something to crown themselves the real national champs. Similar to what UCF did a few years back.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic