Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lemme ask you something T-Net
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,414

Lemme ask you something T-Net

Dec 6, 2018, 7:33 AM

This years Clemson offense is the best in school history but all I've read in the last day is how bad our Offensive line is and how terrible of a job Robbie Caldwell is doing.
Amazing to me we could be so bad up front yet in the last 4 years we have 4 ACC championships, 4 playoff appearances, Two championship game appearances along with the National Championship and God willing another coming in a month.

Are the people ripping our O line watching the same games I'm watching? We have dominated the line of scrimmage all year long while also keeping Trevor safe in the pocket.
What exactly do the people ripping Caldwell want out of him?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some folks can only look at the number of 5 stars signed

Dec 6, 2018, 7:36 AM

not results, and declare our o-line a failure

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just think how many points we would have scored

Dec 6, 2018, 7:38 AM

if we actually had a real O-line instead of those Mitch Hyatt types?

Maybe be averaging over a 100 per game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lemme ask you something T-Net

Dec 6, 2018, 7:46 AM

I READ SOMEWHERE THAT OUR "O" LINE LACKED "sec" SPEED.
COULD THAT BE IT?

Dec 6, 2018, 7:50 AM

Maybe that's it. Maybe we should bring in a O-line coach from Tenn, Florida, or LSWHO to teach us SEC speed.

I don't know that this is the best offense in school history

Dec 6, 2018, 8:02 AM

I think that's as subjective as claims that our O-line isn't doing its job. All the Oline needs to do is what it takes to open enough of a hole to run the ball or for Trevor to drop back and throw it. Sometimes they do it and sometimes they don't. It's all subjective, in my subjective opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know that this is the best offense in school history

Dec 6, 2018, 8:42 AM

This years offense is already the highest scoring in school history with hopefully two games to go.

Re: I don't know that this is the best offense in school history

Dec 6, 2018, 10:39 AM

Also our best offense ever in terms of yards per game. We are currently averaging 530 ypg which beats our previous record of 513 ypg in 2012.

Scoring offense is averaging 45.4 ppg which beats our previous record of 41.0 set in 2012.

Outside of those stats, I personally think this is easily our best offense ever. I think this is by far the best RB group we've ever had both at the top and in terms of depth. The WR corps at the top is on the same level as any group we've had and our depth this year is the best we've ever had. I also think this is our best OL of the Dabo era given that they are strong in both the run and passing game unlike some other units which excelled in primarily one area.

The only areas where the offense in 2012 was better than this year was at TE. The starting WR's were on the same level. Outside of that this year's offense is superior at every other position.

The 2016 offense was better at TE and better at QB given that Deshaun was in his 3rd year, but the WR's, RB's and OL are better this year.

Sure we score a lot of points, but are they "quality" points

Dec 6, 2018, 8:44 AM

or "moral" points? It matters in points just like in victories.

Dec 6, 2018, 10:41 AM

Don't forget all the negative posts throughout the year about how bad our OC's are. A sizable contingent of Tnetters seems to want to get rid of Elliot, Scott and Caldwell. Maybe if we could upgrade those three coaches we could average 70 ppg and 800 ypg.

Dec 6, 2018, 7:02 PM

I'm thankful for what we have!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,414
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic