Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clowney = Mario Williams with ESECPN hype...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Clowney = Mario Williams with ESECPN hype...

Aug 17, 2013, 1:54 PM

Clowney is just like Mario Williams, great physical talent who shows up in spots, but is virtually non existent too much for the level of natural talent. And Mario Williams has been this way in his NFL career too. Only difference between Williams and Clowney is the conference they play in, which gives Clowney a whole lot more promotion. It's well known that Clowney takes off practices or slacks off in practices.

I didn't want to post a Clowney topic, but I'm sick and tired of seeing Clemson fans buying into a overhyped player. And my assessment above is spot on. If he played as good as he is made out to be then SCU would have easily beat Michigan, by at least 17 points. Instead SCU was saved by a busted coverage and a blown block by Michigan to beat the Wolverines.

So please Clemson fans don't believe the hype of the ESECPN hype machine. Just remember ESECPN got an average corner in Tyrann Mathiau to New York City as one of the Heisman finalists.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clowney = Mario Williams with ESECPN hype...

Aug 17, 2013, 1:58 PM

sorry but he is better than Mario Williams he is more like Peppers but more explosive with less size. He is a truly gifted player. That being sad I really think other than him the coot defense lacks overall talent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watch the games, in between sacks, he does virtually nothing

Aug 17, 2013, 2:02 PM

for his level of natural talent. He is no where close to Julius Peppers. And with him already slacking off in practice, there is no way he can come close to Peppers. My comparison to Mario Williams is spot on. But continue to believe the ESECPN hype. The same ESECPN hype that said LSU was going to blow us out.

Re: I don't know about you, but in the games I've watched,

Aug 17, 2013, 2:06 PM

he's been like a real life Charles Jefferson (character from Fast Times at Ridgemont High). That kid will flip you for real.

You're a coot, so you probably have little memory of any….

Aug 17, 2013, 4:43 PM

games because of your drunken state. Or just like many shamecock fans you buy clothes and stickers from dollar general, don't watch the games and run your mouth too much off of a game you didn't watch.

Re: Watch the games, in between sacks, he does virtually nothing

Aug 17, 2013, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Watch the games, in between sacks, he does virtually nothing ]

That is a complete exaggeration. Clowney consistently runs down plays from behind. He is consistently in the backfield disrupting the qbs timing. Does he take a play or two off... yes, but you're definitely embellishing the facts. Not to mention the constant double and triple teams.

4 specific games that show his virtually non existent factor

Aug 17, 2013, 4:47 PM

between sacks from the 2012 season. LSU, UF, Michigan, and UT. And there are more games than that from the 2012 season where he did virtually nothing between sacks. LSU had him huffing and puffing in the 2nd qtr with a make shift oline. UT and UM both with good Olines, limited him to only one good play in their games against the shamecocks. And your coots should have blown out UT and UM. If Clowney is what he is made out to be, then UT and the UM games would have been blowouts in SCU's favor.

in another thread, i posted, as requested by a coot, the o.t

Aug 17, 2013, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Watch the games, in between sacks, he does virtually nothing ]

nfl draft picks that doo-doo has went up against, well, they aren't that many, and they weren't too highly drafted. he is a good player, no more no less. he's not a once in a decade type talent, so get over it!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: in another thread, i posted, as requested by a coot, the o.t

Aug 17, 2013, 8:07 PM

Gee sarge, I guess those 5 random NFL GM's who say Clowney is a once in a decade pro prospect should really listen to you and Tigerking. Why don't you both offer your services to them. Explain to them how they've been blinded by that SEC/ESPN conspiracy hype, LOL!

OP, why are you so obsessed with clowney? ******

Aug 17, 2013, 2:05 PM

First of all, this isn't reddit.

Aug 17, 2013, 3:13 PM

Second, did you even read what he wrote?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

So he's like the last DE that went 1st overall in the draft***

Aug 17, 2013, 2:09 PM

Tajh, are you listening????

Aug 17, 2013, 8:02 PM

Tajh, are you listening? You really didn't get sacked 4.5 times........it was just an SEC/ESPN overhyped ghost, LOL!!

Re: Tajh, are you listening????

Aug 17, 2013, 8:43 PM

Lol... You sold your true colors on that post.

Re: Tajh, are you listening????

Aug 17, 2013, 9:09 PM

Nope! Still a Tiger, but I am a dose of truth and reality for some on this board who refuse to face it. Truly amazing!

Re: Geez...if Boyd obsesses as much about Clowney as...

Aug 17, 2013, 9:41 PM

this board does then that would explain is subpar performances against the "ESPN-overhyped" SC defense.

Unfortunately, the Clemson coaches apparently read this board and convinced themselves the board were experts, because the Clemson coaches were the only ones in the last 5 games of the season who were dumb enough leave the overmatched LT to block Clowney alone by himself.....poor fellow never had a chance.

But of course, the last three quarters with one completion by Boyd was just ESPN hype-caused.....

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic