»
Topic: I don't have a huge problem with SC being ranked
Replies: 44   Last Post: Jan 7, 2014 10:56 PM by: JCgamecock
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.


[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 44  

I don't have a huge problem with SC being ranked

[4]
Posted: Jan 7, 2014 4:52 PM
 

above us seeing that they beat us. But with the losses they had? Number 4?

you have got to be kidding.... I think 8 is about right for us. I'd give SC the benefit of the doubt as a 7...

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Think about that for a second

[2]
Posted: Jan 7, 2014 4:53 PM
 

You're shocked ("You've got to be kidding") that they're ranked 3 spots higher than you think they should be?

Seems to be a mighty fine hair to be splitting.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg


Re: Think about that for a second


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 4:57 PM
 

not for 5,6&7


Sure,


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 5:01 PM
 

Of course it's up for debate.

But I find it odd that there would be any huffing and puffing over 3 spots. Especially when one of those teams got beat by the gamecocks.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg


although its only a "few" spots


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 5:13 PM
 

4 sure does "feel" a lot higher than 7...

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

ps- I think Bama would kick their a$$***


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 5:14 PM
 



2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

I have a huge problem with it. Because the wouldn't be

[1]
Posted: Jan 7, 2014 5:19 PM
 

if we had taken care of business. They wouldn't even be in the top 10.

We are a much better team, but a goodly portion of our team had to 'spas out' and the hand the ball to them every chance they got.

I hope they get some mental coaching before next Thanksgiving.


Re: My thoughts exactly.


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 5:34 PM
 

Our guys just played too sloppy in that game with too many turnovers. They wouldn't be in the top 10 if they didn't beat us.


How can you say Clemson is much better?

[1]
Posted: Jan 7, 2014 5:38 PM
 

When we beat you?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


Ram

Do you think you are much better than Tennessee


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 5:49 PM
 

since they beat you ?


Yes, we have an objective measure


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 5:51 PM
 

to show we were better and the loss was an outlier.

We finished the season ranked significantly higher than they did.

Clemson doesn't have anything objective to argue they are better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


Ram

LOL


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 5:53 PM
 

.


Question for you Toogie...

[1]
Posted: Jan 7, 2014 5:53 PM
 

If you have 6 turnovers against us, do you think you still win? Or do you think you get blown completely out of the stadium?

An outlier? LOL.


If you had forced 6 turnovers you would have been the


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 6:01 PM
 

better team, but you didn't because you weren't the best team.

Imagine if you flipped the turnover battle with Ohio State, they would have own the orange bowl.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


Wow Tooglet. Can you get any more lame?

[1]
Posted: Jan 7, 2014 8:52 PM
 

You didn't force 6 turnovers. You forced 1. Two of our turnovers were fumbled punts, where we completely lost a possession. You scored, what, 21 points off turnovers?

Ohio State had 4 turnovers and Clemson had 2 turnovers. Each team scored 7 points off turnovers. The better team won because they were better, not because they were gift-wrapped 21 points off turnovers.

Not even a bonehead like you can be that dumb, right? ..Right??


Re: Yes, we have an objective measure


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 9:03 PM
 

You cannot have it both ways...

If the better team always wins, the Tenn is better than you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Who said the best team always wins?


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 9:05 PM
 

Clearly they don't.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


UT's win against you was just as "objective" as yours


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 9:07 PM
 

against us, perhaps even more so. They didn't need 21 points off unforced turnovers.


How far ahead of us in the polls


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 9:11 PM
 

is Clemson?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


Toogie, you do understand that "polls" are not objective.


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 9:13 PM
 

Right?


I wish I could bump your posts from 5 years ago


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 9:15 PM
 

when you were ranting about the beauty of the polls and how Clemson must be better than Carolina regardless of the loss to Carolina.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


LOL. What are you mumbling about??


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 9:18 PM
 

You beat Clemson primarily because we gave you 21 points off turnovers. I'm not saying UT is better than you, but UT beat you without all that help. But you tell me, how is one angle objective and the other is not? Why are you talking about 5 years ago and what does that even mean?


Re: Who said the best team always wins?


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 10:19 PM
 

That was clear this year. You "beat" us, when we were clearly the better team. LOL


Re: Who said the best team always wins?


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 10:54 PM
 

> That was clear this year. You "beat" us, when we
> were clearly the better team. LOL

Didn't you know............you've been the better team for 5 straight years now. Just ask your coach.


Re: How can you say USCjr is better than Mizzou who played


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 6:03 PM
 

without their star QB during the entire game?


Re: How can you say USCjr is better than Mizzou who played


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 6:04 PM
 

As opposed to South Carolina who played without their star QB for only 3/4's of the game?

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "


Re: How can you say USCjr is better than Mizzou who played


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 6:07 PM
 

Did Shaw effect the outcome of the game? No need to respond.


Where did I say that?***


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 6:04 PM
 



badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


Re: I don't have a huge problem with SC being ranked


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 5:45 PM
 

It's great to see both teams in the Top Ten at the end of the year.


Re: I don't have a huge problem with SC being ranked

[1]
Posted: Jan 7, 2014 5:58 PM
 

We do need to move on from the turnover excuse...Good teams force turnovers. Ball strips and interceptions are players making plays and 5 out of the 6 we had were just that.


Re: I don't have a huge problem with SC being ranked


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 9:00 PM
 

no they weren't ; 2 muffed punts. Don't be a dumbas$

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: I don't have a huge problem with SC being ranked

[1]
Posted: Jan 7, 2014 10:03 PM
 

Exactly. 2 muffed punts. Obviously Clemson needs to get better at catching punts. Good teams can perform simple tasks like not muffing punts.


Re: I don't have a huge problem with SC being ranked


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 10:55 PM
 

> Exactly. 2 muffed punts. Obviously Clemson needs to
> get better at catching punts. Good teams can perform
> simple tasks like not muffing punts.

It was one muffed punt.......the other was a strip from behind on the tackle. But who's counting?


Incorrect.


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 9:03 PM
 

Not even close really. You must be thinking of some other game.


Is Tennessee better than Usuc?


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 9:01 PM
 

Just because they won? Clemson is better than Usuc. It was obvious

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan


Re: Is Tennessee better than Usuc? Nope.


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 10:07 PM
 

No, South Carolina is better because the Gamecocks have a better body of work than Clemson and Tennessee. South Carolina beat a number of ranked teams this year including Clemson. How many ranked teams did South Carolina or Tennessee beat (you don't have to say grossly overranked OSU because we already saw that "paper tiger" fold up.


Uh no


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 9:02 PM
 

1 muffed punt. The other punt was after he had ran several yards with the ball and it was punched out. Did you watch the game or just read the excuses?


Ball was not "punched out".***


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 9:03 PM
 




What term would you use to describe it?***


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 9:06 PM
 



badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


7 words.


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 9:08 PM
 

Humphries was switching arms and lost control.

"Punched out" is a complete farce.


Re: 7 words.


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 10:09 PM
 

Did anyone on the staff advise Humphries not to switch hands in that situation? Poor coaching.


Re: 7 words.


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 10:56 PM
 

> Humphries was switching arms and lost control.
>
> "Punched out" is a complete farce.

Dabo.......is that you?


We are the better team this year and last year.


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 9:17 PM
 

We have to get tougher mentally and play with confidence

2019 white level member

Re: We are the better team this year and last year.

[1]
Posted: Jan 7, 2014 9:43 PM
 

Clemson is not better in any way than South Carolina. You had your chance to beat us and end the streak, but your team was either poorly prepared, less talented than believed, thoroughly beaten or some combination of all of those. For the fifth straight year, SC went out on the field against Clemson and got the win.

We are ranked higher b/c we earned it. Youngest team in college football with lots of youth on defense and offense and really crappy special teams play and still won 11 games. Dabo rightly talked about how special 11 wins in a row 2 straight years is; it's hard to do...And we've done it 3 years in a row, something you guys won't see Clemson do.


You were better last year because you only lost by 10.


Posted: Jan 7, 2014 10:11 PM
 

You were better last year because last year you only lost by 10.


Replies: 44  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Texas A&M
FOR SALE: CU vs. Texas A&M on Saturday, 9/7 - 4 tickets ($750 each) and Lot 2 parking pass ($750). Four GREAT ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2373 people have read this post