Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Many of you have probably seen this Take a Knee video (link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Many of you have probably seen this Take a Knee video (link)

Jun 12, 2018, 9:35 AM

but I just saw it. Very powerful. I love the shot of the newborns in the pockets of the uni pants especially. Very moving. http://www.break.com/video/anti-nfl-song-called-take-a-knee-my-ass-3137583

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Many of you have probably seen this Take a Knee video (link)

Jun 12, 2018, 9:36 AM

http://www.break.com/video/anti-nfl-song-called-take-a-knee-my-ass-3137583

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2018, 11:13 AM

Sad that anybody could TD your post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2018, 11:24 AM

yeah I was a little surprised by that but whatever

Jun 12, 2018, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Many of you have probably seen this Take a Knee video (link) ]

Sorry to have to ask, but how do you see that someone TD'd the post? Asking for a friend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't do td's but I understand why someone would td this

Jun 12, 2018, 12:21 PM

The NFL protests are NOT about the military or the flag. It's been said over and over.

The idea that it's unpatriotic for NFL's to exercise their freedom in protest of police brutality is mind bottling.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't do td's but I understand why someone would td this

Jun 12, 2018, 1:00 PM

The hardest part to understand is that since the actions of those kneeling as a way of protest has brought zero attention to the original purpose of the protest. I am all for the right to protest, and if they continue to feel like this brings attention to their cause and not to themselves, then they should continue. But they should also be prepared to take the heat from everyone who likewise want to exercise their freedom of expression and are offended by it.
It's not a good idea to anger an entirely different group of people because you are angry with a certain group of people.
If they really wanted to bring attention to their cause, then it looks to me like they would use the flag as a symbol of freedom to promote their cause. Because so many have fought and died to protect the freedoms that the symbol represents.
I don't believe it is unpatriotic for the NFL to protest, but it is unpatriotic for someone to think that they have the right to do something and complain when someone else does the same.
Just my 2 cents, I think the whole thing is a publicity stunt that didn't work out the way it was intended.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic