Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad needs to do one of two things IMO:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Chad needs to do one of two things IMO:

Dec 11, 2012, 3:50 PM

1) Stop interviewing and coach our team through the bowl
2) GTFO

Clemson fans and especially the team deserve better than this. He is interviewing for the TT job within the next hour, and did in fact talk to USF and Auburn after denying it.

We are playing in a HUGE bowl game for our program, and surely he can survive a few more weeks on the 1.whatever million we are paying him. Can he not wait to be a head coach for a few #### weeks? This circus is no way to treat people who treat you right. Dabo took a risk on Chad, brought in elite talent for him, and took money he could have had for himself to pay him. This is the thanks we get? A freakin' circus where he double speaks when confronted? He's handling this like an amateur.

I know all you Gordon Gecko's on here are going to say he needs to "get his" or do what's best for his family. Is uprooting your family every 2 years really what's best for them? When you're already making over $1 Million per year, is the extra million worth it? I say it isn't, and I suppose I'm in the minority.

This is a rant, and I apologize. But, if Chad dumps before one of the biggest games in this program's history after denying he was even in contact, he really lost a lot of respect IMO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fully agree. Furthermore...

Dec 11, 2012, 3:52 PM

This is one reason why we need to bring in a HC who is fully competent at one side of the ball and can be either the OC or DC along with being the HC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fully agree. Furthermore...

Dec 11, 2012, 9:27 PM

Here are my candidates:

Bill O'Brien
Pat Fitzgerald
Troy Calhoun

Any of the three would do . . .

Yea .. he should gtfo because he wants to interview to be

Dec 11, 2012, 3:53 PM

a Head Coach at a BCS school ... Shame on him for wanting to better himself. I swear, some of you people don't live in reality.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dude, you got to get out of here, its like talking to 10000

Dec 11, 2012, 3:55 PM

pauls all at once.

"Very, Very Excited, Very, Very Proud" to be a TIGER!!

You can better yourself the right way.

Dec 11, 2012, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Yea .. he should gtfo because he wants to interview to be ]

You approve of this circus?

What circus?? people call him wanting to interview him ..

Dec 11, 2012, 3:58 PM

he says ok. The irrational folks on this board cause any circus

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The circus comes from denying contact then interviewing.

Dec 11, 2012, 4:04 PM

The media catches on to the fact he is a candidate, sends the internet ablaze. He then denies "contact". Soon after, we get confirmation of an interview. This whole thing is amateur hour and could be handled much better.

He said he did not interview yesterday and had not been

Dec 11, 2012, 4:06 PM

offered a job. Maybe, just maybe, AD called him last night to set this up. just a thought

Same thing Saban did. Same thing Miles did.

Dec 11, 2012, 4:11 PM [ in reply to The circus comes from denying contact then interviewing. ]

Are they "amateurs?"

Maybe I should just say "liars" instead.***

Dec 11, 2012, 4:12 PM

And that would be fair. They're all liars. Coaches lie when

Dec 11, 2012, 4:15 PM

it comes to interest in new jobs... They have their "political" reasons for doing it & we could debate the ethics of it, but it isn't out of the norm, and it is unfortunately a typical part of the profession...

LOL...they only lie when their lips are moving.

Dec 11, 2012, 4:16 PM

Can't argue with that.

I agree, there is NO circus. This is the norm for successful

Dec 11, 2012, 4:06 PM [ in reply to What circus?? people call him wanting to interview him .. ]

assistant coaches. The only reason it appears like a circus is the over-sensational implications that the media & fans try to draw from it. It is improper to infer that person is leaving just because he is taking job interviews. These interviews are what comes with success and we should be proud that he is getting the attention.

That doesn't mean that he is not going to take a job if offered (I don't know what is in the man's head...), but he isn't doing anything wrong and he isn't the one creating any apparent "circus."

Re: Yea .. he should gtfo because he wants to interview to be

Dec 11, 2012, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Yea .. he should gtfo because he wants to interview to be ]

> a Head Coach at a BCS school ... Shame on him for
> wanting to better himself. I swear, some of you
> people don't live in reality.

agreed! we don't seem to worry about our service men (or women) being uprooted every couple years and what affect that has on their families. It's a fact that he will go sooner or later and good for him. We were lucky to have him and Dabo will find another

Dec 12, 2012, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Yea .. he should gtfo because he wants to interview to be ]

Neither do you or Chad. He is being paid to coach a group of young men that has earn their way to this bowl. He is not getting paid 1.2 mil to chase other jobs with anyone that will talk to him. That in it's self should tell these other AD's what they are getting. A guy that will sell out the kids he already has for the next best opportunity without any guarantee's for the next job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2012, 4:42 AM [ in reply to Yea .. he should gtfo because he wants to interview to be ]

And if you are going to interview, you more than likely need to do it when the job is open. :)

You are spot on. Not to mention it is hurting

Dec 11, 2012, 3:55 PM

recruiting. Let's face it. Chad has been outcoached by South Carolina two years in a row, FSU this year and he is not adequately preparing for the bowl game by interviewing every few days. Time to tell him no more interviews or let him loose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link to where he did in fact talk to AU and SF?***

Dec 11, 2012, 3:57 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's on the other pay sites. I read it as well.***

Dec 11, 2012, 3:58 PM

hurting recruiting?? how so?***

Dec 11, 2012, 4:01 PM [ in reply to You are spot on. Not to mention it is hurting ]

agreed again. There is no indication this is hurting

Dec 11, 2012, 4:09 PM

recruiting. I have faith that our recruits understand this business better than some of the people on here.

If he leaves, that may very well hurt recruiting. But interviewing? Nope.

Out coached by FSU?

Dec 11, 2012, 9:05 PM [ in reply to You are spot on. Not to mention it is hurting ]

in case you didn't noticed we put up 37 on them which is tied for the most points they have had against them all season. Chad didn't get out coached Venables did.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Chad needs to do one of two things IMO:

Dec 11, 2012, 3:57 PM

cutigersjd GETS IT!!

His text to tigernet yesterday was a typical politician type answer.

I understand why he might want to conduct 1 interview for practice, but he's been linked to 4 different jobs at this point.

Either take a job or say I'm 100% All In and I will not accept any more interviews!

Not realistic. Of course we have the option of firing him

Dec 11, 2012, 4:03 PM

for interviewing.

That would be good move as far as being able to attract quality assistants in the future.

It's frustrating to have good assistants who people want to interview, but it's better than the alternative.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't care if he interviews later. Now is just horrible.

Dec 11, 2012, 4:08 PM

After Dabo doing what he has and getting the team to a bowl game against an elite team, it's just #### poor behavior and shows no allegiance. If I were the TT AD, hell, I might even offer him if he had the respect for his current team to say , "look, these guys gave me my break, and I owe it to them to see this season through cleanly. I'll be glad to interview with you on January 2nd."

Re: I don't care if he interviews later. Now is just horrible.

Dec 11, 2012, 4:24 PM

Have you ever picked when to interview for a job? Told them to wait? They want to fill thier job ASAP for the same reason (recruiting) that we don't want him to leave. If he turns people down now, maybe other teams don't ask him next year. The teams aren't going to wait, just like we aren't going to wait to hire a replacement. At least we know he's interviewing and he's not gonna walk into Dabo's or the AD's office and say bye, like Tuberville and OP did. You and I might not like it, but that's the way the business is.

The interviews are now, not in January.***

Dec 11, 2012, 4:45 PM [ in reply to I don't care if he interviews later. Now is just horrible. ]

null

Message was edited by: josephg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2012, 4:06 PM

I have a suggestion, why don't we wait and see what happens and then react to it. If he didn't interview, then I would be shocked. Most of the posts here are considering Clemson only, and Chad has a life and career also. If he accepted the job and then bolted without coaching in the bowl game, then I feel that would be wrong, but nothing has happened , so let's wait and see what develops.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2012, 10:47 AM

I think that maybe some where you missed the point. Most of our fans only care about what's best for Clemson. And that is what we are suppose to do. Clemson has paid Chad top money to do what is best for Clemson. IMO, he isn't doing that. And I don't care if another job is offering (they haven't yet) him 10 mil. Do what he has already been paid for first. Good respectable people do that!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since for some reason i can't give you a TD i'll just say it

Dec 11, 2012, 4:08 PM

That's Stupid! Thumbs Down

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Dec 11, 2012, 4:38 PM

Late November and December are when college football coaches are hired. You can complain about the timing all you want, but it's like complaining about the tides or the weather. It is a fact of life: Bowl preparation season and head coaching openings occur at the same time, and the coaches involved with bowl teams are the most likely to attract interest.

Deal with it.

Really? Why can't the man fulfill his dream? Hes been great.

Dec 11, 2012, 4:43 PM

He has represented us well and now we say GTFO. Crappiest Post EVER.

Dec 11, 2012, 8:36 PM

Chick bowl one of the biggest games in history? Really???

you lost the biggest game in your history 56-17***

Dec 11, 2012, 8:37 PM

Dec 11, 2012, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad needs to do one of two things IMO: ]

where did he say it was one of the biggest games in our history?

Dec 11, 2012, 8:53 PM

ha...and after he leaves

"come back Chad...pleeeeeease come back!"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate to say it but..Dabo = Cuckold***

Dec 11, 2012, 9:01 PM

Dec 11, 2012, 9:11 PM

the system does seem a little broken by allowing these changes when games are yet to be played. 2 things though. if he had done a really bad job clemson could fire him at any time, even with games still to be played. secondly, if he is going to take a job somewhere he has to get on the recruiting trail. staying through the bowl would put him way behind. even if he stayed clemson would not have his full focus. if he is going to take a job it is best for everyone for him to do it and move on. same situation we had with EJ last year.

Did we ask for a COOT opinion. NO. Go away.

Dec 11, 2012, 9:18 PM

You missed the point. He's got a great job at Clemson. Clemson is special. You would never understand that. A 1 million dollar a year job to live in Clemson and keep recruiting 4 and 5 star players --- man, that is about as good as it gets. Dabo gets it. I'm not sure Morris does. It may be time to find an offensive coordinator who loves Clemson as much as Dabo does. And you, coot, can tweet that!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did we ask for a COOT opinion. NO. Go away.

Dec 11, 2012, 9:42 PM

> You missed the point. He's got a great job at
> Clemson. Clemson is special. You would never
> understand that. A 1 million dollar a year job to
> live in Clemson and keep recruiting 4 and 5 star
> players --- man, that is about as good as it gets.
> Dabo gets it.
You realize, of course, that Dabo is the head coach, and many if not most coaches aspire to that position.

You realize, of course, that Texas Tech would roughly double Morris' salary.

If, while Dabo was an assistant, another BCS conference school had offered him a promotion and a much larger salary, I suspect he would have considered THAT school to be special.

Re: Did we ask for a COOT opinion. NO. Go away.

Dec 12, 2012, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Did we ask for a COOT opinion. NO. Go away. ]

Why does everyone keep saying tweet that? Does everyone not remember it was Melvin Ingram's line after sacking Boyd? I'd think y'all would want to forget that comment.

Anyways, as for Clemson being special I'm sure it is to Clemson fans. Morris has been there two years. Plenty of time for him to decide how special it is to him. Either way, I think most people would agree that right now being the offensive coordinator under Sumlin, with Manziel, in the SEC is a better job than the Clemson OC position.

I agree. no class at all....

Dec 11, 2012, 9:19 PM

First off, you be cool about it until AFTER the Bowl Game ... keep it undercover and do what your paid to do first ...

Second, we have his playbook, we know the system ... he is not God's gift to play-calling (ie the USCAR game) ... if he goes, "Auf Wiedersehen" !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is trying to GTFO. That is the point of the interview.

Dec 12, 2012, 8:58 AM

If he gets an offer that is appealing, he will leave. That's business. Sometimes you interview for jobs you don't get, but you rarely interview for jobs you don't want.

Dec 12, 2012, 10:31 AM

We were Clemson when he got here and we'll be Clemson when he is gone. I don't care. He isn't the engine that drives this machine, he is just a wheel bearing. Wheel bearing can be replaced. It's a two hour job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2012, 10:54 AM

And don't replace this one with another after market one either.

This is like complaining about the refs...

Dec 12, 2012, 11:29 AM

Or making excuses about injuries. It's all part of the game and business that is college football. A wise AD (or any company leader) expects to lose key people and plans for it. Also..if Morris interviewing is a distraction, I'm sure Dabo will let him know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like we used to say........

Dec 12, 2012, 11:36 AM

sh*t or get off the pot. If he's not all in, then yes, GTFO! I've not had much use for him since his babbling, excuse filled interview after the loss to South Carolina.
Go on, if anybody will have you!

Scary thing is it all prob started B4

Dec 12, 2012, 11:44 AM

USC game, thus head in sand and lackluster O performance from carryover. It just hurts programs when people don't stay in place and honor commitments. And we talk about recruits not honoring commitments...

Dec 12, 2012, 11:48 AM

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!

Fans are such hypocritical babies.

Dec 12, 2012, 11:52 AM

We would throw him under the bus in a heartbeat if his offense wasn't good. We build up these insane expectations and spend WAY too much money causing CFB to be a high stakes pressure-cooker.

We turn on coaches and publicly bash them on a whim.

Then when a coach is looking to aggressively move up in the world, we trash them. What. A Joke.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good post***

Dec 12, 2012, 10:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fans are such hypocritical babies.

Dec 12, 2012, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Fans are such hypocritical babies. ]

Amen... Agree 100%!!!!! Great response!

Dec 12, 2012, 10:16 PM

Try and look at it as if you were the school needing a head coach... With all your recruiting hanging in limbo. If Clemson was in need would you be saying "throw your recruiting away for this year and wait until after the bowl game" so as not to upset the recruiting teams bowl prep??? Yeah right, and would you be wanting your potential replacement to say to you... I can't talk until after the bowl game...another, yeah right. The reality of it is none of you wouldn't talk to some other company or business willing to potentially pay you two & a half times what you make now... If you wouldn't then your not driven like many others. Now put yourself in a situation where you are currently a thousand miles from home & you could make 2 1/2 times your pay back closer to home where you have a ton of business
contacts that could make your opportunity that much more successful. Get off of it and quit beating someone very talented & successful for
playing the hand that is dealt him.... As for the other interviews, Chad has never said he didn't interview with anyone. He has simply said at the times he was rumored to have interviewed he wasn't there at that time.... I don't know whether he did or did not nor do you... There could be other idiots staring rumors or stirring the pot on those sites just like here. .... But I will say this, if he did there would be links to the sites at least spouting it rather than just people saying it. In the world of press & social media with this much spotlight on a situation, it would be vey surprising that it went undetected. Be thankful we dodged a bullet & we have him another year. As the offense continues to roll & the defense becomes the ol Clemson defense of the past...neither CM or BV will be here very long... It will be Dabo's decision to reload and move forward.

Tajh and company got where they did on their own pretty much

Dec 12, 2012, 11:05 PM

Worked their arses off......Morris ain't all that my friends. If Morris goes and dont think he can or will...you can be sure Dabo has this covered.

It's not Morris...It's Dabo who is masterminding this thing.

Dec 12, 2012, 11:13 PM

And furthermore, the coots were an awful team under Tommy, Danny, Frank or whoever. They are finally good. Not Dabo's fault.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's my complaint:

Dec 12, 2012, 11:52 PM

He is a CLEMSON EMPLOYEE. He is still obligated to keep Clemson's interests a priority.

He is not balancing that.

Yes, he, just like the rest of us, have to keep our family as a higher priority. However, that does not mean we don't still have an obligation to our employer. We are paying him for all that an OC should be: preparer, strategizer, recruiter, ambassador, coach, mentor, teacher, etc.

Clearly, Clemson has not benefitted from this activity surrounding Morris and his pursuit of other jobs. Not only has Clemson not benefitted, it has been to Clemson's detriment.

That shouldn't have to happen.

Re: Here's my complaint:

Dec 13, 2012, 5:29 AM

WOW- the guy has three years of college coaching expirence and has taken our program to the next level- Dabo has taken our program there by taking a chance on this offensive guru. 20 wins in two years speaks VOLUMES about Chad and DABO, and Dabo before Chad. I feel the pain of losing to the coots, but look what we have done and where we are going-

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic