Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Basketball FACTS OF LIFE !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Clemson Basketball FACTS OF LIFE !

Jan 27, 2019, 9:25 AM

1. We are the ONLY original member of the ACC that has NEVER won the ACC tournament.( only 2 finals)

2. We are the ONLY original member that has NEVER won in Chapel Hill.

3. We are simply "snakebit", "cursed" or whatever you wish to call it in basketball !

4. It is NOT the fault of Brownell or any other coaches we have had over the years.

So you can bring in a new coach and have to start all over if you like but the fact is there are just some things in life that are constant and NEVER CHANGE ! I have listened , watched and followed all our sports for 50 years. Yesterday was one of the worst disappointments ever but not surprising I'm sad to say. ONLY CLEMSON loses that game yesterday ! We must learn to enjoy our high moments like the 3 Sweet 16's and one Elite 8 but remember that consistency in Clemson Basketball is always going to be our INCONSISTENCY ! Even the Elite 8 team lost to an INFERIOR UCLA team that year. Coach Brownell is a GREAT guy, a Clemson guy and a more than adequate COACH that loves and represents Clemson in a positive light. I hope he stays until retirement and to blame him for something beyond his control is a shame. If we can MENTALLY put yesterday behind us we still have a chance to win 18-19 games which puts us on the bubble. Just keep plugging.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t blame CBB for something that’s beyond his control

Jan 27, 2019, 9:41 AM

but he can certainly be blamed for the loss yesterday. Poor decision making down the stretch IMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I don’t blame CBB for something that’s beyond his control

Jan 27, 2019, 9:52 AM

Indeed! IF he made the decision to foul with 9.3 seconds remaining, then he made an incredibly bad move. I like him, but that was foolish.

Thanks for breaking that down.

Jan 27, 2019, 10:23 AM

It really changes things.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank goodness it’s only basketball.***

Jan 27, 2019, 10:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Not now. I’m still celebrating our third national championship in football. Second in 3 years. The***

Jan 27, 2019, 10:26 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Basketball FACTS OF LIFE !

Jan 27, 2019, 10:37 AM

You have got to be kidding me! Guess you wish Tommy West had stayed till he retired??? How about Audra? We would have been much better off had she stayed!!! It IS the coaches fault---the buck stops with them and they have to be held accountable. Brownell has not! You need to think about this stuff before you just decide to post.

This is a fact of life: the success or failure of any

Jan 27, 2019, 11:04 AM

organization, association, business, team, etc. is traceable to the top.

And the buck stops there. Period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#3 not correct

Jan 27, 2019, 1:41 PM

that's giving in fate-can't-change, we can't change fate. If so true, then no Clemson football pinnacle, or no great companies founded, no one can ever rise above their birth - that's nonsense. There are no "curse" -ask the Red Sox, ask the Cleveland Cavaliers, even the Atlanta Braves, who wallowed in marginality before finally winnning the 96 world series. # 3 is the attitude of pure losers. You overcome it with great managament decisions and plays, and recruiting. When Clemson decides to be different, they can. But Rad. made a huge mistake. And remember he did not bring in Dabo either. So I think who really should be fired is Rad., who rides in all the football parades as if he's the author of things...

When you convince yourself you cannot win

Jan 27, 2019, 2:00 PM

you've already lost.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic