Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the only one who thinks we smack UGA?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 79
| visibility 1

Am I the only one who thinks we smack UGA?

Jul 2, 2014, 12:06 AM

Their defense is going to be dismal. They lose 5 seniors on the offensive line and have to try and contain our defensive line. Mason is a huge drop off from Murray to top it off.

I just think we run away with this game by the middle of the 3rd.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Am I the only one who thinks we smack UGA?

Jul 2, 2014, 12:21 AM

Probably.

I think it will be close either way, nothing is "dismal" about their linebackers. Ramik Wilson is good enough to carry all 3 spots and their front 7 as a whole will be about as talented as Clemson's. Our defensive strong point will be the front 4, linebackers will be solid but have some question marks, and secondary seems like one giant question mark that could go either way. Georgia's front 4 (based on what I can tell) will be solid but may have some question marks, their linebackers will carry their defense--Wilson and Herrera are studs, and their secondary is in the same boat as ours.

Offensively, we are in a similar spot with QBs. Hutson Mason and Cole Stoudt, two seniors, both with limited game time. Mason has seen the field more than Stoudt, but I still wouldn't exactly call him a "seasoned vet." Gurley and Marshall speak for themselves, throw in Nick Chubb, and any other RB they have in the rotation and their backfield--along with 'Bama's--are probably the two best in the country by a long shot. Clemson's backfield is questionable right now and could either carry this team if someone emerges, or cause the team to go down the toilet if we can't find a #1. Receivers: Clemson is stacked with talent, most of it is unproven but there is still talent to burn. Georgia has a lot of talented receivers with a lot of experience, some injury concerns in the past, but nothing that should effect this game. Offensive lines of both teams are a question mark, both teams lose starters and have some veterans behind them, but offensive line always seems to be something teams worry due to their importance to an offense.

Overall, I don't think we "smack" UGA at all. I think it will be like last year. For us to really whip UGA we would need some young guys do really step up and step up quick at RB, OL, and WR. I'm talking Sammy Watkins-esque freshman seasons, if not Georgia-Clemson looks like another knockout, drag out match.

Jul 2, 2014, 12:22 AM

Georgia plays a 3-4, so there is no "front 4" for them. I meant to just refer to them as the "D-Line." ….Before any Dawgs correct me.

I do remember a certain D coordinator georgia

Jul 2, 2014, 6:26 AM

acquired in the offseason that COMPLETLY shut us down last year. Anybody predicting a blowout, need to stick to their day jobs.

Great observation. Pruitt has 3 MNC rings as a defensive

Jul 2, 2014, 10:43 AM

coach. Secondary coach for Bama 2011, 2012, then defensive coordinator for FSU last year.

However, after doing a quick search, it's not like Pruitt was working with a bare cupboard.

Here are numbers of Bama's defensive players on NFL rosters and year: 2012 - 5, 2013 - 6, 2014 - 6. I included 2014 since they would've been playing under Pruitt's tenure.

FSU has 6 defensive guys on NFL rosters from 2014.

And just to put Clemson as comparison, from 2012-2014, it's been 3 defensive players on NFL rosters each year.

Two to three player difference per year doesn't sound like much. But that is NFL talent we're talking about. Then think about the backups who are behind these guys. That really illustrates the gap between Clemson and FSU (and SEC).

I'm not trying to downplay Pruitt's coaching expertise, just wanting to paint the entire picture.

I'm not too familiar with UGA's defense, but I don't think the talent is up to Bama or FSU. If I'm wrong, Chad and company better a great game plan and even better execution to come out with a win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait a minute, in that game we also

Jul 3, 2014, 12:51 AM [ in reply to I do remember a certain D coordinator georgia ]

shut ourselves down. The FSU DC didn't have to sweat much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are spot on with your assessment. i expect another very

Jul 2, 2014, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Am I the only one who thinks we smack UGA? ]

tough, very physical game between these two old heated rivals. It should be another great game despite all the questions both teams have. I'll call it a 3 point game and I've yet to decide which way it goes.

Possible

Jul 2, 2014, 12:26 AM

Having a good defense will keep games close. If Cole has a great game very possible we win big. But more likely it's a close ball game

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

There will be several keys to the game.

Jul 2, 2014, 12:27 AM

1. Can Stoudt handle the pressure of his first start in Athens. He is a cool character, but that is a horrible spot to have your first start.

2. Can we contain Gurshall. That is the best tandem in the country, and they are fully healthy. If they establish momentum early, it will be easier for Mason to avoid the pressure.

3. Most important. Turn-overs. Basically, whoever wins this battle will be in the driver's seat.

Georgia has the best LBs in the country, and the best RBs in the country. Yes, they lack experience on the line, and lost a lot in the secondary, but their skill players remain in tact. The only way we can beat UGA is to stretch the field on Offense, and contain UGA's Running game while winning the turnover battle. It is definitely doable, but no guarantee. There's a reason why vegas has them as 8 point favorites. To think this is going to be a blow out in either direction is just silly. This will be a war, and who ever is most prepared will win.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

27-23 Tigers.***

Jul 2, 2014, 5:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

31ish-23ish TIGERS...***

Jul 2, 2014, 6:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2014, 12:27 AM

I hope so but early games can be surprises either good or bad so you never know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2014, 12:33 AM

I think if we were at home it would be an easier game. It's always tough to win between the hedges. They will have home field advantage. The crowd noise with our QB starting his first big game will make it tougher. The fact they are our closest rival make it tough for bragging rights for many years unless they could make it to the final 4. They do get a break playing Cooters after us.
Know saying all that I also believe it could be a blow out. If we have 1 or no turnovers I see us running away with the game. Our defense is so strong it will shut down the Dawgs running game and our secondary will be vastly improved. On offense I believe our line is the best they have been in years potential wise. Our RB's are much improved and our WR are the best in the nation. Our QB is going to be lights out. Watson will be playing by halftime. I also predict a 42-13 game and years of bragging rights. Georgia might be looking for a new coach quickly. They might be dialing up the Ole Ball Sack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 2, 2014, 6:36 AM

As some previous folks alluded, Pythias is the first game of the season. It is like a box of chocolates. You just never know.

Also, they will have home field advantage.

In the end, I think it all hinges on how our O line does. If they are average, it will be a slug fest and we likely lose. If they are above average, we likely win and could win comfortably.

Turnovers, per usual, are the big wildcard. If we don't take care of the ball, it will be mighty hard to come away with a win. That is instant death.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2014, 6:38 AM

*Pythias* = This

I gave you a point...

Jul 2, 2014, 7:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Am I the only one who thinks we smack UGA? ]

your comments brought a good hard laugh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where are the oxygen tanks for the Dawgs defense! Hip prop!

Jul 3, 2014, 1:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Am I the only one who thinks we smack UGA? ]

I think if we were at home it would be an easier game. It's always tough to win between the hedges. They will have home field advantage. The crowd noise with our QB starting his first big game will make it tougher. The fact they are our closest rival make it tough for bragging rights for many years unless they could make it to the final 4. They do get a break playing Cooters after us.
Know saying all that I also believe it could be a blow out. If we have 1 or no turnovers I see us running away with the game. Our defense is so strong it will shut down the Dawgs running game and our secondary will be vastly improved. On offense I believe our line is the best they have been in years potential wise. Our RB's are much improved and our WR are the best in the nation. Our QB is going to be lights out. Watson will be playing by halftime. I also predict a 42-13 game and years of bragging rights. Georgia might be looking for a new coach quickly. They might be dialing up the Ole Ball Sack.

I do need to add why the Tigers run away with it!! We will be running our offense at a pace that will make Auburn seem slow last year. All these guys are Dabo recruits. They were chosen to be on a balanced offense that runs and passes at a blazing pace. Cole is smooth and fast at operating this offense with the pedal down. Our defense is two deep and will be ready for Hurley to try to slow it down. This is exactly why I predict a blowout. If I thought we were going to lose or this game would be close I would say so. It just doesn't look good for the Dawgs! Then the gamecocks are come at you. A coaching change could come quick. Face it now so you don't have let down so early. A coaching change could be the best thing ever for the Dawgs. It was for us even though we were 3-3 when it came.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Am I the only one who thinks we smack UGA? NOPE

Jul 2, 2014, 7:15 AM

They've been over rated for a decade. We've been under rated for a few years and have come on stronger and stronger.

I think we'll be a better team for being more rounded this year. Cole is going to be more difficult to rattle than Tajh which will greatly make up the slight difference in his arm and leg strength. He makes decision quicker and more accurately ##### the defense than Tajh. Had Tajh not had Nuk and Sammy he'd not have those records.

All that being said, there is no walk in the park when you're between the hedges.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No! We take Dawgs and chickens, Noles concern me a little!

Jul 2, 2014, 7:59 AM

ct

I do think it's to our advantage to play them in the

Jul 2, 2014, 8:39 AM

opening game of the season. I also think it's a big deal that we get FSU in Game 3. Anytime you have a defense that should be really good it's to your advantage to play your better opponents early.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I do think it's to our advantage to play them in the

Jul 2, 2014, 8:43 AM

Totally agree with this! A good D in early games is an advantage. Also, first game takes some of UGA's home field advantage down a notch because of all the hype and jitters for both clubs.

Jul 2, 2014, 3:35 PM

Funny, but all this talk about the "BEST DEFENSE IN THE LAND" has a similar ring to it the the Dabo Statement "EVERYONE IN THE COUNTRY WILL BE TALKING ABOUT THIS DEFENSE" before the West Virginia Orange Bowl kickoff.

Jul 2, 2014, 3:49 PM

The difference is that was just Dabo saying it. Now there is evidence AND others who don't have orange colored glasses saying it. It is last year's D (which beat yUGA with their veteran QB and Gurley) but now it is even better and more experienced.

You wouldn't want to bet against the Clemson D in this game, but the Clemson O line is another matter. It is a 50/50 guess there.

Jul 2, 2014, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I do think it's to our advantage to play them in the ]

Don't you have some Coot boards to read buddy? I've seen you hanging around here for a while, you still never respond to any questions we ask you. You're quick to bash Clemson, but if we ask a question about South Carolina you hide. It's like the kid that throws rocks and runs away.

Jul 2, 2014, 5:58 PM

Ok 36, what questions would you like answered?

Jul 3, 2014, 10:25 PM

Click on your name, scroll down, read through your previous posts. If you click on them you can see if people replied to you. Take your time and go through and read those. You just drop loads of crap on our boards, flick some dirt on it, and walk away like a puppy.

Oh look, it's a gheymcock giving his supposed insightful

Jul 2, 2014, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: I do think it's to our advantage to play them in the ]

views on how he thinks we'll do in the opener...not trollin or anything. Always thorough and well thought out as usual. Coot trash...back to the fryer and your incestuous thoughts...

Re: Oh look, it's a gheymcock giving his supposed insightful

Jul 3, 2014, 10:13 AM

Grow up and face reality.

Re: Oh look, it's a gheymcock giving his supposed insightful

Jul 3, 2014, 10:56 AM

Says the unoriginal troll.

Ha, and what do you think the age of most trolls are?

Jul 3, 2014, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh look, it's a gheymcock giving his supposed insightful ]

Now don't you feel dumb...

Jul 3, 2014, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: I do think it's to our advantage to play them in the ]

Dabo was spot on with that comment. Lots of folks were talking about it after the OB. Some folks are still talking about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No you arent

Jul 2, 2014, 8:56 AM

#ibelievethatwewillwin
#ibelievethatwewillwin

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do too, and here's why

Jul 2, 2014, 9:14 AM

The relative talent on the field will be comparable at all positions except our DL vs their OL.

They replace 3 long time starters on the OL, they won't have had time to gel, and our DL is Sr-laden. Plus, our DL pretty much had their way with them last yr after the 1st Q.

I think that advantage will mean they won't run it with any consistency, and Mason will be under pressure a lot where he is not good.

Plus, their new DC, who is very good, will not have had any games with them yet, so his improvements are not likely to have done much yet.
And last yr, their D was hot garbage at times. They couldn't tackle.

My biggest worry about us is fg kicking. We will need to hit some, and I don't have a lot of confidence there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I do too, and here's why

Jul 2, 2014, 10:54 AM

Equal at running back?

Jul 2, 2014, 2:44 PM [ in reply to I do too, and here's why ]

> The relative talent on the field will be comparable
> at all positions except our DL vs their OL.

I'm assuming you haven't looked at recruiting rankings because as good as Dabo may have recruited it does not match what UGA gets every year. Dabo's best class is the norm for UGA. Fortunately, in UGA's case, no one does so little with so much.

Vegas has the Dawgs favored by 8 or 9. Vegas is usually only wrong in a big way (a big underdog winning big) when the dog is playing at home. Big underdogs don't go into visiting stadiums and win big......the Vegas guys didn't get rich being that bad at calling games.

If the Tigers win it will be by 3 or less and even if it's only by 1 point it will be Dabo's biggest win of his career IMO. The OB was big against a name opponent but UGA will be a much more focused Top 10 team than OSU was that night and the game is not a neutral field like the OB.

Just expect a win.....that will be hard enough.

Jul 3, 2014, 6:19 AM

You do know Vegas moves the odds based on betting.
Right?

Jul 3, 2014, 8:11 AM

> You do know Vegas moves the odds based on betting.
> Right?

You do know Vegas has to have an opening line so people can begin to make bets? That open is pretty much where the line is now, so the Vegas guys obviously thought most of the knowledgeable money would put UGA at a better than a touchdown favorite. No one but some glowing orange people on this board are thinking the Tigers go into Athens and win big. I know Dabo and the staff aren't thinking that.

Vegas gets rich by keeping the money

Jul 3, 2014, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Re: I do too, and here's why ]

Even on both sides of the bet.... Then taking the vig.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jul 2, 2014, 9:15 AM

morondawg51 aint going like this.

No, Richt will be fired by lunch on Monday.***

Jul 2, 2014, 9:53 AM

well we do return 8 starters on defense.......

Jul 2, 2014, 11:36 AM

and that's got to be a plus. imo, Ga's front seven will be very good and Clemson's offensive line will be very young and inexperienced.....more especially in that first game. Cu will have virtually no proven depth on the OL with Beasley and Anthony on the bench.

Defensively, at the very least we'll be lined up before you snap the ball this season.....Pruitt"s scheme will make a huge difference over that of Grantham's.

How can Clemson win this game? Only if Ga allows Stoudt to sit back in the pocket and have a field day and that will not happen. Pruitt's coming for that rookie QB and I don't think Cu has the oline to stop us.

Re: well we do return 8 starters on defense.......

Jul 2, 2014, 5:19 PM

Georgia's front 7 may have a big day against our inexperienced line, but you seem to be forgetting about how our front 7 will match up against YOUR inexperienced defensive line. Both teams are in the same boat there--great front 7 with a questionable offensive line. The team who's lines show up that game will win it, plain and simple.

no***

Jul 2, 2014, 11:36 AM

Jul 2, 2014, 12:54 PM

No

Well you might be sitting by the orange pool in an orange

Jul 2, 2014, 2:48 PM

beach chair, wearing orange shades and sipping on orange kool-aid, but it could happen.

Of course the guys with red glasses drinking red kool-aid will say that there's no way we move the ball on them with a QB making his first ever start (big step down from Tajh) in that environment throwing to a bunch of unproved WRs with little experience and handing off to a similar group of RBs.

They also say we have no chance of stopping Gurley.

Re: Well you might be sitting by the orange pool in an orange

Jul 2, 2014, 3:34 PM

We stopped that O and Gurley and their awesome QB with a lesser D last year. Not worried about that piece. Our O-line is the big ?

Jul 2, 2014, 3:16 PM

I beg to differ. UGA overall defense is as good as Clemson. UGA offensive line as good as Clemson. Mason at qb as good as Stoudt. Georgia has the best stable of running backs in the SEC. UGA has the edge on special teams. You play UGA in Athens.UGA is a 9 pt. favorite. How my friend do you think Clemson is going to run over UGA.

Jul 2, 2014, 3:22 PM

Yes.

Hope this helps.

Jul 2, 2014, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Am I the only one who thinks we smack UGA? ]

We stopped UGA with Gurley and cast last year with a younger, less stout D last year. I am not convinced that Georgia O is the game changer. However, if our O line doesn't play well, that is where it is won. We play well on O line, we win - barring turnovers.

Jul 2, 2014, 5:57 PM

First of all you didn't stop Gurley! He had either 12 or 15 ccarries in the game for 154 yards.So that punches a hole in your post. And you act like y'all won by 14 or more points, when you only beat us by 3.

Jul 2, 2014, 6:26 PM

We won a with a middle of the pack defense while y'all had Gurley and Murray. We will be much improved on D this time. What improved on your offense or defense since last year? I admit our O line is the question mark this year.

Jul 2, 2014, 7:19 PM

And you still only won by 3 against a below average defense, that also had a lot of freshman and sophomores starting! So what does that say about your offense? Listen I don't have a problem with yall saying that y'all can or will win, it's the thinking that yall are going to come in and just going to just smack us around,when you have about as many questions as we do. And to the poster that referenced the suspensions yall have more than we do so far. We only have one so far and he was a wr

Indeed we do...do you have to commit a felony offense

Jul 2, 2014, 7:43 PM

now at UGA to get suspended? Sounds like ya boy Richt is gettin a lil desperate...

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/25/mark-richt-talks-possible-uga-suspensions/

Re: Indeed we do...do you have to commit a felony offense

Jul 2, 2014, 8:05 PM

I'm not gonna say if they will be suspended or not because Richt hasn't said either way, but that article was written in March and some those players have been dismissed or transferred to another school. But Richt did say that it would be handled in house with the other player's and he hasn't decided yet about the suspension part yet.

I never signed onto the "smack UGA around" idea

Jul 2, 2014, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Am I the only one who thinks we smack UGA? ]

Because I know that anything can happen when two top tier teams meet in the first game of the year and it really is a box of chocolates.

All I can say is having either team be more than a 6 point favorite is folly and yes, home field is a slight advantage, but nearly as much in the first hyped up game like this versus one in the middle of the year.

I just see where the strengths and weaknesses (or potential strengths and weaknesses) for each team since last years mile marker are likely to be and try to Devine where the difference will show up.

Jul 3, 2014, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Am I the only one who thinks we smack UGA? ]

UGA 17
CU 10

Jul 3, 2014, 12:18 PM

Perhaps, but if so, that means it was anybody's game.

I predict

Clemson 24
UGA 17

Re:Clemson did stop Girly and many more "elite" RB

Jul 3, 2014, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Am I the only one who thinks we smack UGA? ]

Todd GIRLIE MAN got folded in half by Nuk Williams.

His back up got squashed by Grady Jarrett.

A list of a few more RB that got stopped during the season that are in the same class as Gurley and Marshal and Chubb.

1. Andre Williams - Avg. Yds per game = 200
Yards against Clemson = 69

2. Mike Davis - Avg Yds per game = 100+
Yards against Clemson = 22

3. Carlos Hyde - Avg Yds per game = 125+
Yards against Clemson - 47

4. Braxton Miller - Avg Yds per game = 175
Yards against Clemson - 35

So you mean to tell me that all of these so called elite Running backs that average 100+ yards per game couldn't run the ball against Clemson, but Gurley and crew are going to run it down our throats??? No offense, but are you high?

Message was edited by: ChestyPuller0311®

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Awesome compilation of stats!

Jul 3, 2014, 6:30 PM

Numbers don't lie. Go Tigers!!!

Jul 3, 2014, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re:Clemson did stop Girly and many more "elite" RB ]

Gurley had about 30 yards less than all four of those backs COMBINED against Clemson last year. FYI

Will be a close game and just like last year I believe the slight advantage goes to the home team.

Who really knows. That's why we play the game.

Jul 3, 2014, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re:Clemson did stop Girly and many more "elite" RB ]

You rock!

Jul 3, 2014, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re:Clemson did stop Girly and many more "elite" RB ]

Gurley had 154 yards against your defense last year,so what now? And to the other poster below that punches a hole that your post too!

Jul 4, 2014, 4:25 AM

Too bad it wasn't enough... He was stopped and will be stopped again by a senior defense.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Jul 4, 2014, 5:30 AM [ in reply to Re:Clemson did stop Girly and many more "elite" RB ]

You had better pray he stays healthy the whole game because that is your only hope. And don't think he won't be the focus to insure he isn't the one to beat us. Like we did in the 80s with Herschel, we shall do again for Girly.

Gurly had a good game against Clemson, but

Jul 4, 2014, 5:45 AM [ in reply to Re:Clemson did stop Girly and many more "elite" RB ]

he had a 75 yard run in his total. I'm not saying that wasn't a great run, but if it had been stopped his average gain would be cut in half.

It does count ... 14.4 down to 7.2 yds/carry. I'll take it!***

Jul 4, 2014, 6:24 AM

Coot, you folded your manhood, why even write on this board?***

Jul 2, 2014, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Am I the only one who thinks we smack UGA? ]

Honestly? 1st year DC. ...

Jul 2, 2014, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Am I the only one who thinks we smack UGA? ]

....who knows how many suspensions, and no Murray? IMO, the only spot you have that should have an advantage is at RB with Gurley. I believe he's the best RB in the nation when healthy. Yes, we have to replace Tajh, Sammy, and Bryant. Difference is our 3, 4, or 5* recruits are coached up to be 5's. You really think Richt has gotten all he could out of his many talented recruiting classes?

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly? 1st year DC. ...

Jul 2, 2014, 6:14 PM

You do realize that our offense is pretty dang good right? And our defense has been the problem, with inconsistency and not getting off the field on third down. And your reference to the 3,4 and 5 being coached up is a bunch of hogwash,Georgia has put double the recruit's that Clemson has into the NFL. The NFL scouts said that we have some of the most ready players to start in the league.

Hence my point. Richt (UGA) has a top 10 class every year

Jul 2, 2014, 8:29 PM

going back 8+/-(?) years. How many NC's in said time frame? You lost the east to Missouri last year! You backed into 2 SECCG because the coots couldn't take care of business after beating (once really badly) you guys. Yes, I do realize that you are thUGA. You WILL have athletes all over the field. If you have a HEALTHY Gurly, you're a leg up on anyone you play. I truly hate seeing a player from any school get hurt (as anyone who has ever played the game does), much less a player with his talent; so I hope he stays healthy all year. I think Sammy will prove to be plenty ready for the NFL, as was CJ, Bowers, ect. When the percentages are on your side (top 5-10 classes compared to a 13 - 16 class over a period of time, you should send more to the NFL). Yes, you have a ton of individual talent, but where are the, "results?" It's a team sport. Did you feel y'all were no question better than us last year?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hence my point. Richt (UGA) has a top 10 class every year

Jul 3, 2014, 10:41 PM

Well since you say that yall coach the players up to 5 star's where is all the NC titles for Clemson at? And as far as the Missouri winning the East last year you do realize that we lost Gurley for 4 games and Marshall and half of our receiving corps and Murray for the season right? And how did we back into 2 seccg? Just because they can't handle their end doesn't mean we backed into the game, and yeah they did kick a mud hole in our butt, but at the same time I don't think even Alabama could have won that night!! They were jacked that night and the stadium was rockin. And if you will look at the post that I posted up the page a little ways up I said the reason for the results of our seasons was from inconsistent defensive play.

Re: Hence my point. Richt (UGA) has a top 10 class every year

Jul 4, 2014, 4:28 AM

You know why you guys lost Gurley? Because NUK WILLIAMS laid that lumber down on him and took him out of the game. Tell the coach to get the ice and the gurney ready for Girlie man...

~Chesty Puller

No sir. You are certainly not the only one. Honestly,

Jul 2, 2014, 5:22 PM

I'm way less nervous about playing them this year than last. Not necessarily, "running away with it", but I see us winning by more than 5. If they're giving us the projected 5+/- (?), I would consider breaking my cardinal rule and take us....

Jul 2, 2014, 5:34 PM

It will be a close game.

null

No way we blow them out.

Jul 2, 2014, 6:28 PM

If we win, it will be by less than ten.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2014, 6:59 PM

Hope we smack em like Coleman smacked floppy top tennerseeee

Jul 2, 2014, 7:43 PM

I think we'll win by 10 points. Gurley and marshall are good backs. We gonna have to force mason to throw and if so we'll win

Jul 2, 2014, 7:53 PM

Yep My Friend, I agree. It may take us a little while to get going offensively, as usual for the first game, but we should put a hurting on the 'dawgs....Cole is gonna be fine.

Jul 4, 2014, 7:30 AM

I won't prognosticate, but let me just say I hope you are correct!

Jul 4, 2014, 7:34 AM

Lespaw 79 nobody wants to hear about your prostate.

~Chesty Puller

Replies: 79
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic