Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NOT seen on CNN ! (for some reason).
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

NOT seen on CNN ! (for some reason).

Mar 27, 2020, 10:34 AM

Footnote: It should be noted that this comes from CNBC, that well known right wing nut network

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/who-officials-praise-us-leaders-on-pandemic-response-trump-is-doing-all-he-can.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, sorry to get political but it is clear the Democrats

Mar 27, 2020, 10:45 AM

think this will be something they can leverage against Trump in November. The combination of:
1) comments like this (and even from a couple Dem Governors) and
2) Biden’s lack of any leadership save from explaining why he can cough into his hand because he’s at home,

will make it pretty ineffective.

And I get it...Biden’s not the President. Valid. But he’s been useless. People who already hate Trump will eat up the narrative that he did poorly by pointing out every tough call or wrong move he made. The rest of us will acknowledge that the response to an unprecedented event was imperfect but overall good, while also seeing that the Dem candidate offered nothing better, even as he had the benefit of no actual responsibility.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

What is Vice President Biden supposed to be doing?

Mar 27, 2020, 10:58 AM

He's just a citizen like the rest of us. Hopefully he's just staying home and resting.

He’s in the middle of a campaign to convince me

Mar 27, 2020, 11:04 AM

that he is more fit to lead this country for the next four to eight years than the current man in office. If his response to one of the biggest crises in our lifetime is “I’m just a citizen,” and you respect that, then that’s your decision. Ordinary citizens are doing amazing things every day in response to this virus, and none of them are trying to convince me that they can be the leader of the free world. He is doing nothing, as far as I can tell. I find that weak. You disagree. But hopefully you’ll account for that if and when the dust settles, these two men start campaigning again and Biden and the Democrats start telling us how they would have done a much better job.

null

I just don't understand. What is he supposed to do?

Mar 27, 2020, 11:06 AM

He doesn't have any office. He can't direct any agency to do anything. You mean he should just offer encouraging words or something?

You don’t need an office to impact. You don’t need an office

Mar 27, 2020, 11:14 AM

to lead. You don’t need an office to try.

He has a platform as the presumptive candidate for President and former VP of the country. He can leverage that to offer a plan, lead his perceived constituents, take a bold stance, communicate, rally resources...freaking anything. But he hasn’t.

Again, if you find his reaction to this crisis as the most appropriate, then great. I find it unimpressive. But more so, I will consider it when Biden is on a debate stage or a campaign stop stage, or I’m watching an ad supporting him that bad mouths Trump’s response when Biden his in his home.

I’m reminded of all the candidates that chastised W for not immediately leaving the children’s book reading when his aid whispered in his ear on 9/11. They all had great stories about what they would have done. Nonsense. It’s easy to Monday morning QB.

null

I guess it's just me. I don't know what his reaction

Mar 27, 2020, 11:15 AM

to it is, or if he has one. I have zero desire to hear anything he has to say about it. I am listening to my President, my governor, and public health officials.

I think I understand one significant difference between us.

Mar 27, 2020, 11:30 AM

I already know for 100% certain that I am not voting for him. So he is not "campaigning" to me.

You guys are just alike in that regard.***

Mar 27, 2020, 11:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, probably true at this point. But we will see how Biden

Mar 27, 2020, 11:58 AM

handles himself on a direct campaign against Trump. Doubtful I’ll vote for him though, you’re right.

null

Sorry. This is silly.

Mar 27, 2020, 11:25 AM [ in reply to You don’t need an office to impact. You don’t need an office ]

You're dismissing criticism of Trump and how he's handling this crisis, insinuating that such criticism is off base and politically driven. And at the same time, you're demanding Joe Biden, who has no authority to do anything over this, do something.

That's about as partisan hackery as it comes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I’m not dismissing all criticism. I’m placing such criticism

Mar 27, 2020, 11:31 AM

in context. Trump will do things wrong. Fine. Dems will point that out. Fine. Then they’ll claim that they would have lead better, or made better decisions. Well...you could have done something while this was going on...what did you do? Nothing? Okay, I dismiss your argument.

Look, you’re a smart guy, Cata. I am fine with you disagreeing, but please tell me you understand the reasoning.

null

Re: I’m not dismissing all criticism. I’m placing such criticism

Mar 27, 2020, 11:41 AM

Of course that's what they're going to do. That's politics. Hell, all of them are revealing how much of POS they are during all this. Pubs. Dems. Trump.

And I think plenty of Dems in Congress during this should have open season declared on them. But not Biden. Dude can't do anything except criticize, and we shouldn't be surprised if he does.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Okay. I assess the leadership of a POTUS candidate, and

Mar 27, 2020, 11:56 AM

their immediate capabilities differently than you and Prod do. And I think that’s okay.

null

Re: He’s in the middle of a campaign to convince me

Mar 27, 2020, 11:24 AM [ in reply to He’s in the middle of a campaign to convince me ]

He also has absolutely zero authority to do anything about this virus, so he can't be judged on it. Trump can.

No argument. Trump can be judged on this.

Mar 27, 2020, 11:28 AM

My argument is simply that a man who has been in DC most of his life, been the VP and is asking for my vote as the alternative to the current President will have to show me SOMETHING that shows he can lead in a crisis. I am able to handicap my expectations of the results of any actions he takes relative to his current position, but to do virtually nothing is, to me, an indication of a lack of leadership. And then if and when he attacks the president on his response, it will fall on deaf ears for me, since Biden made no effort to lead.

null

Any citizen who sits there with their mouth shut not saying anything

Mar 27, 2020, 12:56 PM [ in reply to He’s in the middle of a campaign to convince me ]

proves they are a better leader for this country than Trump. I will throw him a bone and say after his initial F up of not taking this seriously at all, he did a much better job handling this (his press conferences still are terrible but that’s another discussion). His public musings on opening the country up by Easter was a mistake, especially his rationale being that full church pews would look beautiful. Upon later explanation it was clear there was no data informing that, he was just being optimistic out loud and was thinking about certain parts of the country. But it shouldn’t have been said.

I do t think you guys who will never vote for Trump

Mar 27, 2020, 1:52 PM

understand. Biden will be 79 year old president who balked at the idea of running for years ago because he didn’t have it in him. He absolutely has an extensive career in politics but he has literally never been in an executive position. Even Pete Buttigieg has been a mayor. Biden hasn’t even been that, nor a governor. And obviously not President.

You think things like this don’t matter because, paraphrasing, “anyone who sits quietly and does nothing is a better leader”. That’s a great way to illustrate your disdain for Trump, but it’s clearly not true.

Biden would have benefitted himself greatly by showing some form of leadership here, and he passed on the opportunity. Okay, fine...but it then undermines his future criticism of the President...who DID make the tough calls, and tried to lead, and tied to uplift.

That’s just my opinion. And this idea that he does nothing because he can’t...okay, if that works for you. I have never worked in an organization that didn’t expect you to show some initiative to get a promotion, but I guess POTUS is different.

null

Yes, Trump made the tough calls, like calling it a hoax.

Mar 27, 2020, 6:13 PM

What leadership!

Well, I guess I can admire your collective commitment to this myth.***

Mar 27, 2020, 6:19 PM

null

Re: I do t think you guys who will never vote for Trump

Mar 27, 2020, 9:33 PM [ in reply to I do t think you guys who will never vote for Trump ]

What kind of leadership can a citizen with no executive power show?

Maybe he should’ve sang “Imagine” with other celebrities?

Honest to goodness, what world do you people live in

Mar 27, 2020, 11:36 PM

where no one can show any leadership except the President!?!

I’m astounded that this many of you feel this way.

null

Short of this going total mismanagement poo storm

Mar 27, 2020, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Yes, sorry to get political but it is clear the Democrats ]

or Trump having a complete and total turn around with his pettiness, I don't think this is going to be the issue that decides the election.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, sorry to get political but it is clear the Democrats

Mar 27, 2020, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Yes, sorry to get political but it is clear the Democrats ]

Maybe just a bit of self-preservation on his/their part. I haven’t always liked my bosses, but I also knew where my bread was buttered, so I I never had a cross word to say publicly.

It’s actually pretty easy to stay on Trumps good side...just give him enough praise to stroke his ego and appeal to his constant need for validation. He’s really no different than any other teenage girl in that regard.

Re: Yes, sorry to get political but it is clear the Democrats

Mar 27, 2020, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Yes, sorry to get political but it is clear the Democrats ]

If Biden, or any other Democrat, were in charge there would have been no travel ban, probably at all and definitely not way back in January. They were too busy with impeachment and calling the POTUS a racist xenophobe to be bothered with some weird flu in Asia. They'd rather kill a bunch of Americans than do the right thing and risk offending anybody. Voters will have to decide if they want someone decisive or someone who worries about identity politics above all else for the next catastrophe.

If they can praise Mao, I mean....Xi

Mar 27, 2020, 10:46 AM

Trump should be in good standing easily.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Found this in 2 seconds

Mar 27, 2020, 12:28 PM

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/politics/donald-trump-gallup-approval-polling/index.html

Re: Found this in 2 seconds

Mar 27, 2020, 9:31 PM

George W’s rating went up 40 points after 9/11.

He is a world class bureaucrat.

Mar 27, 2020, 2:31 PM

China owns his country or origin. China wants Trump out of office and believe this virus is their only shot at continuing to screw the US with bad trade arrangements.

That guy has no credibility. He was China's mouthpiece in mid Jan (15) when he said there was no human to human transmission of the virus. He should never have validated China's statement by repeating their lie.

I'm not professing to be a mind reader but I believe nothing that guys says. When things start opening up a bit and America begins to repair our economic woes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic