Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I didn't want to post this on tnet but I am
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I didn't want to post this on tnet but I am

Nov 27, 2014, 12:37 PM

My parents are unfortunately going through a divorce. Its sad how once a big Thanksgiving family dinner became split in half, Going over mothers family's house at 1 then going over to fathers family house at 4. Even though my parents are going through what they are going through, a few weeks ago I asked them to put there differences aside and go on one more family trip together (im in my mid 20s but have younger siblings). Well since I was a kid, we as a family always went to 2 Clemson games a year. So for a last family trip I decided to go to the Clemson vs SC game. They agreed and we are all going up there this weekend. Win or loss, I am just happy I can spend one last moment at a Clemson game with my family before we break off. Its been a tough time the last few years but this weekend will feel like old times. For this Thanksgiving, I am
thankful for this last opportunity to spend with my family as a while. Hope everyone has a good thanksgiving, go tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you didn't want to post this....

Nov 27, 2014, 12:39 PM

then why post?

Sorry to hear that

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't like posting personal issues but

Nov 27, 2014, 1:04 PM

No one on here knows me personally so decided to anyways. Plus maybe someone can relate to this so i thought I would post

Great News during a Sad Occasion but Fantastic Way to GO OUT

Nov 27, 2014, 12:41 PM

in Orange Fashion in DV..with a WiN I predict for the occasion.

Now, GoTiGERS..git er done Men!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I didn't want to post this on tnet but I am

Nov 27, 2014, 1:16 PM

I'm sure there are many people on the board who can relate to your pain. I certainly can, and I'm sorry for you. Be grateful that your parents can put their feelings aside for this one weekend and you can have one last good time as a family. Hang in there! And think of this...when you get married, then there'll be another set of parents (or maybe 2) to try and appease at the holidays..lol. One of the hardest parts of marriage...figuring out how to make all the parents happy for the holidays while accommodating siblings and others. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving 2 u***

Nov 27, 2014, 1:22 PM

Nov 27, 2014, 2:13 PM

I'm feeling your pain and have for the last three years. It's that awful sick feeling in the gut that hurts worse than ever losing 5 in a row to the idiots.

A whole lot of people have your back, my young Friend,

Nov 27, 2014, 2:27 PM

including those of us on TigerNet.

May you find some ray of sunshine, peace and happiness this day and enjoy your day Saturday with your family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have a great time this weekend. My family will be there too***

Nov 27, 2019, 5:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2014, 3:57 PM

Man, I can't imagine how tough it must be to have a split family...my heart goes out to you! I hope your trip to Clemson is a special one and The Tigers deliver you and your family (as well as all of us) a great victory!

Nov 27, 2014, 4:16 PM

Just remember that while you cannot define the nature of your parents' relationships, you can the relationship you have with each of them and your siblings. You seem to be a very caring and thoughtful person so this may seem obvious, but just be there for your younger siblings and they will be there for you too. I speak from personal experience. You can't control who loves who, but you can control how much you show the ones you love that you do. Prayers with you and your family and GO TIGERS!!!!

Be thankful that you have both of your parents

Nov 27, 2014, 4:22 PM

even if they're apart. Cancer took both of mine, and this is the second Thanksgiving without my father. It's still difficult.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I feel your pain, praying for you!***

Nov 27, 2014, 7:00 PM

Nov 27, 2014, 8:12 PM

Sorry your family and you are going though difficult times. Make the most of the weekend. Enjoy yourself.

I really appreciate all the feedback

Nov 27, 2014, 10:33 PM

Really I do. This is a tough time for me and my family but you guys have made me feel better. Seriously. Its been a tough time for me seeing my parents use to seeing them loving each other so much and now they seem like they hate each other, which is expected going through a divorce. I'm just lucky they have agreed to go on this last vacation. I will take every moment for granted this weekend..but when its all over it will be a tough pill to swallow. Literally almost in tears (i hate to express emotion on tnet) but I'm going to do my best to stay strong through this process and be there for my siblings. If any husband and wife going through a similar process as my family, just think of the kids an do The best you can to make them happy. Its hard to know mom & dad won't be there as they were before. But anyways, Go tigers and finish the season with a W!

Hang in there. Make sure the young ones know it's not their

Nov 27, 2014, 11:33 PM

fault that your parents have found they need to separate, nor is it in any way yours. I hope sharing this on tnet gives you some peace. it's just like all of us asking for prayers for surgeries or whatever....tnet seems to be a place with people that have our back and will be there. Hope this weekend turns out well, and prayers for strength for you as you go through this time. And, your mom and dad will still be there, not in the same way, but still there. they've shown how much they do care about y'all by agreeing to this weekend. Sometimes it's just the best thing for adults to live their own lives separately, instead of being miserable and making everyone else miserable as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family

Nov 28, 2014, 2:10 AM

And hope y'all have a great time at the game Saturday. Even though it's a very difficult time for y'all, may the day be a day filled with LOTS of new positive, wonderful lasting memories for you & your family and...a victory for us -- GO TIGERS! :)

Nov 28, 2014, 5:29 AM

I appreciate you deciding to post this. I urge anyone who is going through something difficult to share their story with the Clemson family. Not only can it be therapeutic to get advice or an uplifting message from fellow Tigers, but you never know how many lives you can touch or what person going through a similar struggle will see that they are not alone.

I have gone through my parents getting a divorce and it can be tough, but time heals everything my friend....and a Clemson win on Saturday will hopefully help move that healing process move a little faster :)

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic