Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Hunter Renfrow tells funny story on how he's seen the "dad" side of Swinney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

New Story: Hunter Renfrow tells funny story on how he's seen the "dad" side of Swinney

Dec 29, 2017, 1:01 PM

Hunter Renfrow tells funny story on how he's seen the "dad" side of Swinney

You’ve seen Dabo Swinney when he gets mad. It’s epic. A sight to see. He doesn’t show that particular emotion often, but when he does, it’s best to get out of the way. Unless you’re Hunter Renfrow. Then you stand and watch and laugh.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve done this as a teenager. It was brutal too when

Dec 29, 2017, 1:48 PM

My dad got there. He as pissed since we had to tow the car back 45 mins.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did it once in a rental car in France

Dec 29, 2017, 2:28 PM

I was filling up the car before returning it to the rental place. I chose the "cheap gas." I was able to go a few blocks on what was in the lines, but then it started smoking and lurching. I was lucky to get it into a parking spot. My wife spoke French pretty well, but she'd never had to explain that we couldn't return the car because we had put the wrong fuel in it. It's not a conversation they prepare you for in French class. I thought I might get a bill for a new Peugeot, but they charged me $100 to pump it out, and I felt lucky that it only cost me that much.

Never put the wrong fuel in

Dec 29, 2017, 3:27 PM

But I did pull off with the nozzle still in the tank, pulling the pump off the island. This is back when there was an individual pump for each grade or type of fuel. It was a difficult conservation explaining how I forgot to take the nozzle out though. Being young, ah good times!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I did it once in a rental car in France

Dec 29, 2017, 4:06 PM [ in reply to I did it once in a rental car in France ]

I worked for an auto auction years ago. We use to pick cars up all over the South East and this one young guy put non diesel in a diesel VW Beetle. It ran until it caught in fire.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I did it once in a rental car in France

Dec 29, 2017, 8:44 PM [ in reply to I did it once in a rental car in France ]

I’m pretty sure $100 DID buy a new Peugeot.

i did this to the YMCA bus when i was in college

Dec 29, 2017, 3:42 PM

they were mad!

oops

My son did that in one of my Mercedes.

Dec 29, 2017, 8:58 PM

Except he pumped gas in a diesel car. Now the only harm to a gasser with diesel in it is that it will foul all the sparkplugs in about two revolutions of the engine because of the oil content of the diesel. It's not quite the same on a Benz diesel.

The om617 diesels have an injector pump which has some internal parts lubricated by the fuel. Gas has no lubrication so gas destroys the injector pump.

Fortunately the sonof discovered it was gas before he tried to start the engine. When he called I told him to hang on for a minute and I'd come over and we'd fix it. I made him drain the tank in the station parking lot while I got 5 gals of diesel to get it going.

I have not let him drive one of my MBs since and he's pushing 40 y/o now. Motha...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good thing you have multiple Mercedes

Dec 29, 2017, 9:10 PM

bad thing that you hate the environment

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: good thing you have multiple Mercedes

Dec 29, 2017, 10:00 PM

He didn't say he poured on the ground. Clown!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Hunter Renfrow tells funny story on how he's seen the "dad" side of Swinney

Dec 30, 2017, 12:42 AM

My wife will love this story! She did this once and me and the kids still tease her mercilessly about it. I don't know how you even do that--the nozzle doesn't fit, does it?

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic