Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Turnovers key to Miami's success
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

New Story: Turnovers key to Miami's success

Oct 21, 2015, 10:01 AM

Turnovers key to Miami's success

Miami has had an up-and-down first half of the season, but one statistic that has been in the Hurricanes’ favor throughout the first six games is turnover margin.Photo by Steve Mitchell / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I confess I'm more concerned than the last 2 weeks

Oct 21, 2015, 10:17 AM

I felt pretty comfortable that we would beat GT and BC. I still think we will beat Miami, but am more concerned. I actually hope they have some fans show up. It's easy to be flat when playing in a quiet stadium at noon. I remember we were flat at Wake a few years back when no fans were there. Go Tigers!

Re: I confess I'm more concerned than the last 2 weeks

Oct 21, 2015, 10:42 AM

You can bet that they have athletes! Just look at the numbers they have drafted even during this downtime in their program. The key is being able to put them in a position to succeed. That is where this team has suffered the past few years. I like our athletes and our coaching staff to be able to mark another W this week. Go Tigers!

Oct 21, 2015, 12:05 PM

I've been saying it for a while that this game was the one I was most concerned about before FSU, and in all honesty, I'm not all that worried about FSU. This one however, will be tricky if we don't show up with our A game...because they will and they have the talent to beat us, no question there.

Oct 21, 2015, 1:37 PM

I agree 100%. Our secondary will be tested all day long. Since Mackensie has the attention and respect from most of the defensive coordinators, I expect them to work hard on Tankersley. Safeties will have to help over the top. The safeties will be busy in pass coverage all day instead of crowding the line of scrimmage and playing the run like they have the last few weeks. We haven't really seen the secondary tested like they will be Saturday, therefore I am nervous as well.

Oct 21, 2015, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I confess I'm more concerned than the last 2 weeks ]

I am more nervous about this game than FSU as well. Miami can certainly throw the ball downfield. But as usual Venables will have them ready. The question is can Deshaun throw the deep ball? After Williams went out I have not really seen him throw deep successfully. What gives?

Oct 21, 2015, 3:45 PM

I worry about Peake and what looks to be his lack of agressiveness, effort or something??? With that said, I love all the young guns, Cain, McCloud, Thompson, Renfrow that we have. If Peake doesn't perform...sit him. I know Cain will!

Oct 21, 2015, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I confess I'm more concerned than the last 2 weeks ]

There is nothing to worry about, the whole team seems to play better in the bigger games. As for the deep ball, with Mike Williams out theyve had a hard time finding someone who can fill in on the deep route & catch the balls that are thrown. Peake is all they got that has experience deep, he doesnt seem to actually care to go up to the high to get the ball tho, Cain is becoming more and more reliable week in & week out. Look for him to be running some deep routes this weekend. I am not in the slightest bit worried about this game this week. Watson will be doing a fair amount of running along with Gallman & then the explosiveness of the short wheel routes & less than 5 yrd throws will eat up their defense & we will gain a ton of yardage. Look for the DB's to have an awesome game. Clemson 34 UofM 24 (10 points coming in garbage time for them when we put in the 2nd-3rd string)

Running game and ball control

Oct 21, 2015, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I confess I'm more concerned than the last 2 weeks ]

I expect to see us run the ball more successfully against the 'Canes, similar to our ND and GT game plan. Keep them off the field and expose their weakness on defense. I don't see DW taking a lot of deep shots unless we get a comfortable lead. I expect a 10-14 point win, but the turnover margin is the biggest worry, especially after DW threw 2 (almost 3) critical picks last week.

Re: Keys to beating "mymamee"

Oct 21, 2015, 12:57 PM

Have the same focus and intensity that was shown in the Notre "lame" game and the Ga. "technical" game.Pressure and more pressure on their QB.Tiger DB's will be tested. Don't take any bait. It's past time for the OL to play with an attitude. It's good to win at home but better when you raid someone's field and bring home the spoils.Question is: Are the Tigers ready to be nasty.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic