Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wear a mask, do not wear one
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Wear a mask, do not wear one

Jul 14, 2020, 8:13 AM

Yup, that is your choice for now but here is the thing, what will it hurt to wear one and see if it helps . We are heading back in to shutdowns at the current rate of infections.

Pretend all you want but that is where this is going because humans have shown at least in Murica that they are unable to listen and do the right thing unless forced. Seems silly for grownups to be this way but there you go. So when we end up shut down I do not want to hear any crying about your rights, you have had a chance and failed badly.

When schools are not in session once again, if you choose to not wear a mask, look in the mirror for the person to blame. When your company shuts down and no check is earned look in the mirror and point that finger at the person looking back at you.

In case you have not noticed those temporary things blocking park entrances that were removed are being replaced by steel cables that will close off the entrances, at least where I live. So to those fools sitting nut to butt at picnic tables, wading in the lake packed in like sardines, that is on you too. It is coming because of group foolishness.

This is not a dang hoax, not something made up to make Trump look bad and unless everyone gets on board to slow it down we are gonna be screwed. Well, not me but then again my job is totally safe and immune to this event. Plus I do not need it anyway.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry man, today is Ford Bronco posts only.

Jul 14, 2020, 8:16 AM

I’ll reply tomorrow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sorry man, today is Ford Bronco posts only.

Jul 14, 2020, 8:20 AM

Looks kinda nice, would want to see the specs on it though. Not in the market but if I was would be hanging an eye on it for sure.

Re: Wear a mask, do not wear one

Jul 14, 2020, 8:37 AM

I wear a mask. I went to home depot one time and forgot my mask. A middle age woman was working the register at the door where contractors usually pay and I got one from her after explaining the situation. I keep my mask with my keys now.

I'm 68, I've have 12+ heart attacks, two open heart surgeries, one in 1980 and one in 2000. Last year I had a roto rooter job. I now have one original artery fully opened from a stent and one just ballooned open without a stent.

My opinion may only matter to me. My best hope is that this virus will run its course as quickly as possible. It is my opinion that those who protect themselves do well. Everyone is responsible for their own health and the behavior which leads to their better health. That includes you.

I am not criticizing those who think it's a hoax, those who think they are 10' tall and bulletproof or those who want to just get it over with because the situation is bearing hard on their lives. I stand with them in their refusal to wear a mask but they are the exact people I avoid in public.

This is America. It's legal to be a moron, a fool or a cranky old fart like me who wants this virus to burn itself out by spreading to the point that it dies out quickly and completely. I don't want to be a recluse the rest of my life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

again...

Jul 14, 2020, 9:12 AM

the vast majority of noncompliance is a result of:

1) early DEFINITIVE statements by health experts that masks were not helpful. Now, the backtracking says that we were told that only because we needed masks for emergency workers. That may or may not be true, but I feel certain that if we were given that reason from the beginning, Americans as the most generous people on the planet would have done their part.

2) following #1 are the years of misinformation and downright lies coming from sources are supposed to be trustworthy.

I'd say 10% might just be stupid or not being "grownups."

I happen to fall along the lines of just doing it whether or works or not. I have a responsibility as a free person to look out for my fellow man. I don't have to do it. It is the cost of the unique freedom we have in this country.

But I'm not going to lecture people who feel like they are being deceived. The only way I feel certain that we can stop the virus is stay way from large groups.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dunno.***

Jul 14, 2020, 9:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: again...

Jul 14, 2020, 9:33 AM [ in reply to again... ]

Early statements, to those with more than 2 living brain cells, were put out so that medicla personel could get PPE. Nothing more or less, was it right? Well if we lose medical people we are screwed even worse, so yeah it was right. If one had more than 2 living brain cells they did as I did and got prepared. You really think if they said N95's and surgical masks are best that Muricans would have said , gee lets leave them for the medical folks? Heck, one could not buy a roll of TP for a while.

You are being generous with the 10%, I would wager it is in the 40% range. See it daily, even when offered a free mask by the fire department outside Home Depot. Not to mention the morans that thought opening up meant all was clear, hear it daily as an excuse. These folks are just painfully dumb. Give the black folks credit, they are wearing a dang mask where I live.

If this is the 1st time folks have been lied to then they are liars too. I occasionally listen to a far right radio show that carries Limpballs and other as$clowns and am stunned by the frigging stupidity expoused. I listen for amusement, these are believers. Gotta give Limpballs credit, he found his niche and leads them along like the Pied Piper. Made him rich. Makes them stupid.

I completely disagree with your first paragraph.

Jul 14, 2020, 10:00 AM

Dr. Fauci outright lied to America about the usefulness of masks. They didn't just downplay it. They indicated that it might actually make things worse, because you'll touch your face, or your mask will get contaminated, or you'll develop a false sense of security with a poorly-functioning, poorly-fitting mask. It was, at the time, definitively stated by the experts. To dismiss people's acceptance of this as moronic is ridiculous. It wasn't Trump saying it, it was medical experts who had worked in this field their entire lives. And then they said that they lied to manipulate us into accepting a less-safe situation for ourselves so that medical professionals would be more safe. And now there are trust issues. Naturally.

Dr. Fauci cannot justify this deception. It is indefensible. He completely undermined his credibility to the country, and that cannot happen in this situation. A large part of the push back (I don't really care to bicker about percentages) stems from a national expert standing at a podium and lying to us.

No one died because they were trying to save a sick person and didn't have toilet paper. I am amazed at how often those on the left express their lack of faith in mankind or Americans. Yet time and time again mankind steps up. If healthcare workers' lives were in danger because of the great TP shortage, they would have had TP. To lie to the American people because you assume they won't do the right thing is so unbelievably insulting that I can't believe we're even discussing it.

null

if anything...

Jul 14, 2020, 10:51 AM

Americans in general do not like being manipulated. Tell us the truth and we will deal with it.

Sure, everybody believes what they want to, but it is difficult to sift through the noise when information is presented with a bias.

There is a reason for the low approval of DC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I completely disagree with your first paragraph.

Jul 14, 2020, 5:40 PM [ in reply to I completely disagree with your first paragraph. ]

Dude, puleeeze there were fist fights,shouting and mayhem in stores over stuff. TP was an analogy, strange you did not get that.

The American people are steadfastly refusing to do the right thing this very moment. If you would have told them masks of high quality were needed nobody in the medical field would have had any, even 3M had to stop retail orders as people were snapping them up and some hoarded vast quanities. Puleeze be smarter than this, I gave you far more credit.

Plus I am not a liberal but a fiscal conservative whose party left him long ago.

Jul 14, 2020, 5:43 PM

"even 3M had to stop retail orders"

so the public cant have effective masks, but i thought that you wanted to stop the spread?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2020, 5:46 PM

Yes they did to ensure medical personel had PPE, sorry you do not get that. Not the sharpest tool in the shed are you?

Better question is why the FEDS cannot help ramp up production of them? You know the Trump MAGA team?

Jul 14, 2020, 5:47 PM

Plus I gots all I need, there is no I in team but there is a ME.

Jul 14, 2020, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I completely disagree with your first paragraph. ]

doesnt make sense, the public is not allowed effective masks, then you are upset that people are not wearing the masks they dont have access to

Jul 14, 2020, 5:58 PM

N95's are now available at higher prices, surgical masks too. SO they are available. Feel free to try again, you may yet get something correct. Tighly woven cotten with 2 plys of blue paper shop towels are also fairly effective. See you fail to grasp that almost anything is far better than nothing.

Jul 14, 2020, 6:04 PM

where may i purchase an N95

thanks in advance

Jul 14, 2020, 6:30 PM

https://www.stewartsupply.com/moldex-1500-series-n95-healthcare-particulate-respirators-and-surgical-masks-low-profile-20-bx

Many other sites as well to include surgical masks by box of 50.

Jul 14, 2020, 6:35 PM

thank you

Jul 14, 2020, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I completely disagree with your first paragraph. ]

those must not be available to the public, asking for a PO, no place to purchase by credit card

Jul 14, 2020, 6:58 PM

Try these folks, might have to go through all the different styles to get something in stock. Had luck last time.
https://mms.mckesson.com/product/286249/OM-Halyard-Inc-46727

Jul 14, 2020, 6:59 PM

Search #M ( good luck) , Moldex, O&M Halyard. Also consider P100 as they are the same but filter petroleum mist too.

Jul 14, 2020, 7:07 PM

I personally use this, cut out blue paper shop towel single layer over N/P 95 filter that comes with it. CLean filters with peroxide.

https://www.amazon.com/media-máscara-reutilizable-respirador-polvo/dp/B005HK05L2/ref=sr_1_35?dchild=1&keywords=3m+half+mask+respirator&qid=1594767710&sr=8-35

Jul 14, 2020, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I completely disagree with your first paragraph. ]

medical workers only, redirected me to another site for personal use buyers

no dice, no N95 available

but i do appreciate you taking the time, i have a few that i purchased before the big freakout, also bought some KN95s but they are not as good, have some decent cloth masks

Jul 14, 2020, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I completely disagree with your first paragraph. ]

All masks help more than no mask. Some just help more than others.

Jul 14, 2020, 6:02 PM

He thinks he is being erudite, sadly playing the part of clown.

If you gave me far more credit, I'm sorry...that's on you.

Jul 14, 2020, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I completely disagree with your first paragraph. ]

But got it. The federal government should lie to us to manipulate the outcome that they deem in the best interests of the country, because Americans cannot be trusted to do what's right.

null

Re: If you gave me far more credit, I'm sorry...that's on you.

Jul 14, 2020, 7:59 PM

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrJ7Fd0RQ5ffV8Aj4NXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0aHVua2U5BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQzAxNTRfMQRzZWMDcGl2cw--?p=men+in+black+a+person+is+smart+people+are&fr2=piv-web&fr=yfp-t-s#id=3&vid=0718f9ae5873edd90e5e180d135c6d2f&action=view

so watch this...

Jul 14, 2020, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: again... ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PmKxA5NMhI

I may have 2 brain cells, but for those Americans that I assume you are insulting by that statement, it seems pretty clear.

I think Fauci could improve his credibility if he would say, "I was wrong." But he hasn't done that. Instead he has chosen the route of saying that he only said those things so that medical people could get the masks.

So, I'm not sure he lied, although it does seem that either he was lying then or lying now. I choose to believe he was speaking from a place of ignorance originally. But he has lost a lot of credibility by not say that. His "backtracking" way of handling his comments leads to distrust.

Re: so watch this...

Jul 14, 2020, 10:58 AM

Listen to the interview from this morning on the podcast America Dissected with Dr. Fauci. It's very informative on this very subject, and he does in fact talk about how wrong they were.

One of the major issues with the no-mask suggestion (in addition to trying to prevent a run on them to increase PPE stock for hospitals) was the new problem of asymptomatic spread, which was heretofore never witnessed in coronavirus or SARS-like illnesses.

One might have a more sympathetic view of Dr. Fauci and his decades of efforts and service to the American people after giving it a listen.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks...

Jul 14, 2020, 11:16 AM

To be clear, I have grace for medical community in this pandemic.

I am simply pointing to WHY people are skeptical.

We didn’t just get to this point in 2020.

Re: Thanks...

Jul 14, 2020, 12:52 PM

Here is why I am adamant that people are stupid, you are free to disagree . On 6/19 we had 6 Covid patients in the hospital, today we have 64. Our ICU is filled, they opened up 8 more rooms as makeshift ICU's. Out of those patients in ICU 50% are on ventilators. We have no room at the inn for any surgeries, to include heart surgery. Why? Because people are frigging stupid.

I watch people refuse free masks daily, I watch them gather in groups not wearing masks. I have lost the ability to even sympathize with them as I can only shake my head and steer clear. I frigging no longer care what their reasons are for not wearing masks, I have come to the conclusion that they have willfully chosen to be stupid after all that has been written and said, discounting the Donald's dookie. If one choses to follow a fool then one gets a fools consequences.

Limpballs should have done some time for his opioids...***

Jul 14, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: again... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2020, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: again... ]

I don't think anyone really thought all was in the clear. It's just an excuse to wing it.

Jul 14, 2020, 5:58 PM [ in reply to again... ]

Probably more to do with conservatives like Rush, Trump, Hannity, etc etc, downplaying the virus and masks. They have a way bigger impact on the masses.

Re: Wear a mask, do not wear one

Jul 14, 2020, 9:33 AM

there have been so many lies told, you might be wagging your finger at the wrong group

seems strange that we are not buried with effective masks by now

Maybe someone could ask Pence about that...?***

Jul 14, 2020, 11:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe someone could ask Pence about that...?***

Jul 14, 2020, 12:04 PM

CDC told him that masks were ineffective

WHO told him that it was not contagious

lol

Not going to look for it, but he talked several times about

Jul 14, 2020, 6:24 PM

ramping up production on PPEs... What happened there? I've seen two recent stories on hospital shortages so public access has to be somewhat sporadic...

Re: Not going to look for it, but he talked several times about

Jul 14, 2020, 6:29 PM

2timer says they are being made, 3M is not selling to the public, is what he says

You mean to tell me someone with ZERO medical qualifications

Jul 14, 2020, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Maybe someone could ask Pence about that...?*** ]

Did a poor job as the leader of the epidemic response?

Color me shocked! (Actually, pretty par for the course for Trump appointments)

The way I see it...

Jul 14, 2020, 1:21 PM

I don't know for sure if there is a positive effect from wearing one. A lot people say there is, some say there isn't. But I know that there's no negative effect. So that makes it a pretty easy decision.

Actually, it becomes a really easy decision in that where I live, I have to wear one in public now. So, in obedience and respect to government authority, I wear one as required.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic