Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Justyn Ross checkup
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Justyn Ross checkup

Dec 8, 2020, 1:58 PM

I know a lot of people are wanting there to be some breaking news after Justyn's checkup in Pittsburgh today (which I understand is already over). I have been told that Justyn's wishes - even before the checkup - were to kind of keep this quiet for a bit and let him digest the news and be with his family. So the fact that he doesn't really want anything released has nothing to do with good news or bad news, it's just that this family has a lot of decisions to make.

There will be no official Clemson release on this, at least right now, and the next time we have any availability with anyone on the football staff is Sunday when we talk to Coach Swinney. If there is news to come out of this, it might be from Justyn himself on Twitter or through the school.

And just to reiterate - Chris Fowler was WAY off base in his comments Saturday. If Justyn is cleared to resume football activities, the plan is to let him continue to run routes on air and then participate in spring practice with NO contact. And then contact in the fall if everything goes well. The whole "he can play against Notre Dame" stuff was just nowhere close to being right.

So sorry there isn't news to report on this. Hopefully, we all hear some good news soon. And again, the lack of news doesn't reflect anything bad. This was the plan BEFORE the trip. His family was bombarded with stuff after the Fowler comments.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The truth is better than fake news 100% of the time.***

Dec 8, 2020, 2:00 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Justyn Ross checkup

Dec 8, 2020, 2:01 PM

Thanks David. We're all hoping he got a good report and will be able to celebrate the news with his family.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2020, 2:02 PM

I signed on to check on this and was side tracked with OSU/Michigan news.

Thanks for the update.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anybody who thought he was playing this year was not being

Dec 8, 2020, 2:04 PM

realistic, Dabo was pretty clear when the original announcement about his condition came out that JR would NOT be playing this season and laid out a gameplan/timeline that was also pretty clear that there was zero intention of seeing him on the field THIS year

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I certainly understand his wanting to keep this quiet for a

Dec 8, 2020, 2:12 PM

bit.

Could you do me a solid and Tmale me his cell phone number?

Please to your attention.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: I certainly understand his wanting to keep this quiet for a

Dec 8, 2020, 2:22 PM

You can contact him here. 864-965-9990

Dec 8, 2020, 2:50 PM

This is the number to his handler at NewSpring Church Central Office.

Seriously? Justyn and his

Dec 8, 2020, 2:22 PM [ in reply to I certainly understand his wanting to keep this quiet for a ]

attorney have been over this with you, for the last time he is NOT going to send you dikpigs no matter how many times you ask.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Seriously? Justyn and his

Dec 8, 2020, 3:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bob started collecting them,

Dec 8, 2020, 4:18 PM

right after the bottom dropped out of the Beanie Baby market.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Seriously? Justyn and his

Dec 8, 2020, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Seriously? Justyn and his ]

welp, there goes that idea....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand he is pretty tight with Mike Jones

Dec 8, 2020, 2:45 PM [ in reply to I certainly understand his wanting to keep this quiet for a ]

Jones can be reached at (281) 330-8004

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 2:45 PM [ in reply to I certainly understand his wanting to keep this quiet for a ]

803-555-6969, hope this works for ya ;)!!!

Dec 8, 2020, 2:17 PM

Sometimes we forget that the players are people who want some level of privacy. It was wise of him to make that request before the checkup.

Good luck to him regardless of the results. His health is by far most important.

Re: Justyn Ross checkup- thanks for real info not made up

Dec 8, 2020, 2:27 PM

or wrong like ESPN gives.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2020, 2:33 PM

Seriously though David wouldn’t most commentators lose their job with that kind of completely fabricated medical update on Ross in a nationally televised game? I anxiously await Fowler’s apology to Ross, Dabo, the university and all the fans for irresponsible speculation on a young mans future.

Dec 8, 2020, 2:41 PM

And to ND for having to game plan for JR;)

Dec 8, 2020, 2:33 PM

Just want a speedy and safe recovery for the young man

Dec 8, 2020, 2:35 PM

When Fowler said that I was like ###? Ive not heard a word about him coming back this season.

My first thoughts exactly. Another case of the media

Dec 9, 2020, 7:42 AM

selling fake, opinionated news.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for Ross and his family!

Dec 8, 2020, 2:51 PM

Hoping for great news for this young man.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayers for Ross and his family!

Dec 8, 2020, 3:58 PM

Amen!

Re: Prayers for Ross and his family!

Dec 8, 2020, 5:07 PM

Ditto

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2020, 5:02 PM

I SO hope Justyn is able to play again. While I would love to see him in orange, as long as he is physically capable of playing - be it at the next level or returning for one more year at Clemson, I just pray he can play again!

God Bless young man!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 8, 2020, 5:07 PM

Agreed

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the update

Dec 8, 2020, 6:33 PM

All in on the family’s wishes. Prayers up for this young man and his family.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2020, 11:25 PM

Thanks David, this sounds reasonable and is consistent with Mike Williams' recovery time. I sure hope Justyn is able to return at some point in the future, but his long term health is what is important here.

Dec 11, 2020, 5:15 PM

Justyn’s situation was apparently congenital rather than from injury so there would be no correlation between his “recovery time “ and Mike Williams .

Best wishes for this outstanding young man and his future success .

Dec 8, 2020, 11:37 PM

If anyone really thought he would be coming back to play at this point of the season , well....just never mind .

Dec 9, 2020, 12:33 AM

Wish the best for this young man.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic