Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I caught grief for saying this yesterday, but Stingley(#24)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

I caught grief for saying this yesterday, but Stingley(#24)

Jan 6, 2020, 9:47 AM

is the corner who Higgins/Ross can beat. Fulton (#1) doesn't seem as susceptible. Some LSU fans were calling me out for this take, but I watched every play from several LSU games condensed version. I didn't know names, but all I know is #24 is the guy you can beat. Good luck with #1.

In no way am I saying going at Stingley will be easy. I'm just saying that if we can't exploit that matchup, then we will not win the game.

The other areas are the QB run game and Amari has got to pick us up a few 3rd downs similar to Renfrow style stuff beating the safety underneath. He hasn't been great at that this year, though, to be honest.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've noticed that LSU's corners are not as physical

Jan 6, 2020, 9:52 AM

as Ohio States. This will bode well for our receivers. If Tee and Ross stay healthy the entire game I don't see how they stop Clemson's offense.

Re: I've noticed that LSU's corners are not as physical

Jan 6, 2020, 10:14 AM

When you say physical...... you mean they don’t hold as much?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Which, I have noticed, LSU's offensive line is excellent at.***

Jan 6, 2020, 10:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I caught grief for saying this yesterday, but Stingley(#24)

Jan 6, 2020, 9:56 AM

Stingley is a very young and aggressive All-American CB with 6 ints on the season.

The only time I’ve seen him get beat was in the Bama game by DeVonta Smith with GO routes and against UF’s Van Jefferson with COMEBACK routes.

Your not going to out athlete him. You have to take advantage of his aggressiveness.

Message was edited by: Kelevra®

It's funny because those 2 games were examples where

Jan 6, 2020, 10:08 AM

neither Florida nor Bama was able to do much at all against Fulton, but both teams exploited Stingley.

That doesn't mean he's not good, but for whatever reason, they kept testing him. They did not test Fulton.

So what you're saying is, he gets beat going and coming. :)***

Jan 6, 2020, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: I caught grief for saying this yesterday, but Stingley(#24) ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stingley is their best DB

Jan 6, 2020, 10:00 AM

I'm just telling you that teams throw at Stingley more than

Jan 6, 2020, 10:05 AM

Fulton.

I think Stingley gets deserved praise, but Fulton quietly shuts guys down.

Jan 6, 2020, 10:00 AM

Amari has been open... I would expect him to touch the ball more this game.

Jan 6, 2020, 10:09 AM

This!

Also, I look for Galloway to catch some in the flats.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 11:24 AM

Heard this same thing before the OSU game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amari needs a big night. And I also expect this.

Jan 6, 2020, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: I caught grief for saying this yesterday, but Stingley(#24) ]

If we can have a few explosive plays from that position, that will help soften everything up.

Singley has been beat...

Jan 6, 2020, 10:20 AM

and as any CB will be beat again.

He is a true FR and an A-A, very rare for a CB.

Early in the year he was beat a few times, esp by bama twice long, once on a trick play.

However he has no memory, he comes back the next play. And he has improved as the season went on.

FYI LSU doesn't move CBs per WRs, Sting or Fulton take whoever is on their side. Dabo can thus call which WR matches up on Sting.

Sting has great ball skills, but had no INTs thru first several games. Later he started getting a few, leads SEC in INTs.

Sometimes Sting will have help over the top, sometimes he will be left on an island. Watching him will indeed be fun to see.

I'll take Tee over any DB in college

Jan 6, 2020, 10:16 AM

he is bigger and stronger than any DB in college and just as fast

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any corner can be beat, just don’t expect to make a living targeting him, 4th in ncaa in passes defensed, 9th in ncaa in ints per game, led all cfb corners in forced incompletions. Everyone at LSU has said he will be the best defensive back to ever come through there, from a school that had 3 first team all pros, the current Thorpe award winner, former heisman finalist db, two former bednarik winners as dbs.

I just think Fulton is better right now.

Jan 6, 2020, 10:58 AM

And I would gladly take either on my team.

LSU is gonna test Kendrick. Doesn't mean Kendrick isn't any good. But it's his first time doing it.

Stingley is listed at 6.0' which means he's more like 5.11'. I like Higgins or Ross in this match up. TL has been very effective putting the ball where only they can reach it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 10:24 AM

rgby83® said:

Stingley is listed at 6.0' which means he's more like 5.11'. I like Higgins or Ross in this match up. TL has been very effective putting the ball where only they can reach it.

FYI Sting got a 42.5" vertical and ran a 4.3 while in HS. Is said he could prolly run 4.2. He has done well vs tall WRs but of course none of them had TL throwing to them.

Jan 6, 2020, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: I caught grief for saying this yesterday, but Stingley(#24) ]

Stingley is 6’1 leaning towards 6’2 with a 42” vert. I wouldn’t test his athleticism in that regard.

Jan 6, 2020, 12:31 PM

I take it from all these Lsu post that we are facing the greatest team in the history of football. Well that is bullcrap. Clemson can beat Lsu and vice versa it will come down to who gets the breaks and plays mistake free. I remember Minka being the greatest DB to ever play and what happen he got abused by a walk on wide receiver so who knows what will happen Monday night. I think for Us to win we have to control the clock and keep Lsu's O on the sideline, if we do that we can win. Scoring on Oklahoma does not scare anyone because everyone scores on OU's defense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 1:13 PM

I think they are just mad that in the past decade Clemson has more wins vs BAMA than LSU, even though LSU has played BAMA 10 times, and Clemson only 4. Clemson is 69-4 since 2015, what is LSU's record? They are just jealous, AKA player haters

A Radio Guy on ESPNU Said Almost The Same Thing

Jan 6, 2020, 10:23 AM

Stingley has many more passes his direction.

Then he said it might be because they leave him one on one on a receiver most of the time.

He then said Stingley has great ball skills and ends up with a high number of interceptions.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Stingley can reach the ceiling fan when he puts his hands

Jan 6, 2020, 10:26 AM

over his head. Tee can reach the ceiling. Trevor can put the ball in the space between with amazing velocity.

Jan 6, 2020, 10:26 AM

On Jan 14th, let's see how this thread ages. Trevor better have his "A" game throwing at Stingley.

If Tee or Ross can't make the competitive plays, I can tell

Jan 6, 2020, 11:01 AM

you what the outcome is gonna be. We will get beat.

We can't get them matched up with a safety on every throw.

Jan 6, 2020, 10:55 AM

Tee Higgins can't be defended for 60 minutes on straight man to man, he's way bigger & stronger than most people imagine & he has a much better vertical than anyone he is going against, he was Mr.Basketball in Tennessee & he has the best in air ball skills of any receiver in college, and his hands are massive like Nuk's & rarely drops any passes, 3 for the season. For Tee Higgins 50/50 balls are 80/20 balls for Tee & Trevor is in the zone, making frozen rope throws that Joe Burrow could only watch in awe of, some of the throws would be considered elite at the next level
https://youtu.be/2TZqnA-48ik

Jan 6, 2020, 12:01 PM

These guys are good no doubt. However, some things don’t add up for their pass defense. There is a weakness elsewhere...

- 82nd in opponents passing first downs per game
- 50th in passing yards allowed
- 95th yards per completion

Jan 6, 2020, 12:19 PM

I pray they play man to man, remember Nuk & Sammy both had massive final games in a Tigers uniform

Jan 6, 2020, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I caught grief for saying this yesterday, but Stingley(#24) ]

Teams have typically attacked middle of the field vs LSU rather than the boundaries, their effectiveness on the outside isn’t reflected in those statistics. Devonta Smith had the two big plays, but Jerry Jeudy was targeted exclusively vs nickel dbs and safeties, very similar with CeeDee Lamb, his lone big play in Oklahoma game came from OU lining him up inside and getting him isolated on a safety(Jacoby Stevens). I think Clemson will move their wrs around to find matchups, also Travis Entiene is a huge threat as a wr and honestly the guy I’m frankly most concerned about containing as he can score from anywhere. Clemson wrs though have the advantage of being able to make contested catches by high pointing the ball even if the coverage is perfect.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic