Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can't wait until OU exposes UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

I can't wait until OU exposes UGA

Dec 19, 2017, 9:38 AM

Toto, I don't think we're in the SEC East anymore....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can't wait until OU exposes UGA

Dec 19, 2017, 9:40 AM

UGA will shut Mayfield down IMO and run all over the Sooners D.

Did you see what Auburns offense did to them

Dec 19, 2017, 9:44 AM

In game 1? Baker hangs 40+ on the dogs. Will OU stop UGAs 1 dimensional offense? No... but they will contain it. Let's not forget the only reason UGA is here is bc a beat up Auburn team handed it to them in the SEC Champ game. If KJ was healthy, we wouldn't even be talking about UGA.

Re: Did you see what Auburns offense did to them

Dec 19, 2017, 10:07 AM

UGA would have won the sec champ with him healthy or not. UGA shut down Auburn the second time around. OU and Auburn have different Os anyways. Just because they are spread does not make them the same. OU has not seen a D like UGA they will not know what to do IMO.

Dec 19, 2017, 10:12 AM

Converse to that, UGA has not seen an O like OU has either. OU will make UGA play in space like Auburn did the first time around.

Also, if Auburn's D wasn't as banged up as it was the second time around the game may have been a little bit different as well. They sustained injures on the D-line, and lost Tre Williams and Carlton Davis.

If OU can score early and make Fromm have to beat them then it will be a blowout, hard to pick teams that are one dimensional in a big game like this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you even watch the game?

Dec 19, 2017, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you see what Auburns offense did to them ]

2 key fumbles(one when Aubie was about to go up 14-0) kept UGA in it. A healthy Auburn beats UGA. Period.

Re: Did you even watch the game?

Dec 19, 2017, 12:07 PM

I watched both games. Georgia was by far the better team in the second game. Don't give me the healthy crap. It is football players get hurt and you have to have depth. Georgia earned their spot and deserves credit. I just don't think OU can play big boy football with them. We will find out but Baker has not been hit in the mouth like he will be on the first. Just my opinion you may be right. Either way I think we would beat both teams.

Re: Did you even watch the game?

Dec 19, 2017, 1:49 PM

Yes, you have to have depth but c'mon man, injuries do play a key factor if they happen in the middle of a game.

Especially when Auburn lost their best linebacker and corner back.

Add on to that, Auburn had to play UGA, cupcake, Bama, and UGA again while UGA had a creampuff schedule not only at the end of the year, but at the beginning as well.

Lot of factors played into the second game and UGA isn't world beaters for winning that one game.

Dec 19, 2017, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Did you see what Auburns offense did to them ]

> In game 1? Baker hangs 40+ on the dogs. Will OU stop
> UGAs 1 dimensional offense? No... but they will
> contain it. Let's not forget the only reason UGA is
> here is bc a beat up Auburn team handed it to them in
> the SEC Champ game. If KJ was healthy, we wouldn't
> even be talking about UGA.

Could you elaborate on Ga's one dimensional offense? Assuming you're saying Ga can't throw the ball. Fromm has a better seasonal QB rating 168 to Bryant's 138. Fromm has a better Total QBR than Bryant. Jake threw for more TDs and less INTs. So I'm confused on your analysis. Thanks in advance.

Using your logic.....if Bama doesn't injure FSU's QB Deondre Francois effectively ending the noles season clemson doesn't have a cakewalk to the ACC title and we're not talking about Cu.

Dec 19, 2017, 10:16 AM

Did you actually watch an FSU game this year? The QB was definitely not the issue bud.

Also, if you want us to elaborate:

Fromm has thrown 230 passes to KB's 362.

UGA has ran the ball 591 times to our 545.

Based on that Fromm has thrown the ball 28% of your plays, while KB has thrown it 44% of the time.

That, by definition, is a one-dimensional offense.

Dec 19, 2017, 10:51 AM

> Did you actually watch an FSU game this year? The QB
> was definitely not the issue bud.
>
> Also, if you want us to elaborate:
>
> Fromm has thrown 230 passes to KB's 362.
>
> UGA has ran the ball 591 times to our 545.
>
> Based on that Fromm has thrown the ball 28% of your
> plays, while KB has thrown it 44% of the time.
>
> That, by definition, is a one-dimensional offense.

Far from it. One dimensional means the lack of the ability to (in this case) throw the ball....not the # of times you throw it. I think it's obvious that Fromm can throw a forward pass. Bryant also throws a lot of lateral passes and to prove that point Bryants YPC is 7.40 versus Fromm's 9.45. Jake had 6 games this season with a QBR of 190+...3 over 200. Bryant one single game over 190 (210) versus the citadel.

Saying Ga is one-dimensional because we can't throw is like saying clemson is one-dimensional because they can't run. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Dec 19, 2017, 10:58 AM

Fromm has 5 games where he threw 20+ passes, KB did in every game except Syracuse (17) where he didn't play the second half.

Your offense is based on running the football and making few passes off of those runs (play-action). On play-action passes you're of course going to throw it more vertically.

To say that Georgia is an almost balanced offense is a stretch. If you stop the run, you guys struggle. That's pretty clear. The thing is, no teams in the SECLeast are good enough to stop the run.

You can keep bringing up these arbitrary QBR numbers (that no one actually knows how they are determined), but the facts remain the same. Fromm attempts a pass on 28% of your plays, less than a third of the time you are running the football.

The only truly one dimensional teams are like GT, that run the ball 90+% of the time. However, in an offense that does actually pass the ball you do it far less than you run the ball.

Dec 19, 2017, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you see what Auburns offense did to them ]

Kirby Smart is building UGA just like Bama and they will thrive playing archaic offenses like those that dwell in the SEC. Pretty soon, like Saban, Smart will be complaining about teams that run the no-huddle hurry-up offenses. "It's just not fair and players are going to get hurt"! I suspect that this game might look like the curb stomping that the Sooners laid on Bama a few years back. Trevor Knight is no where near the QB that Mayfield is, so I expect to see Bama clone dawgs to take it on the chin.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Nothing could be further from the truth"?

Dec 19, 2017, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you see what Auburns offense did to them ]

Fella you're delusional.

Dec 19, 2017, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you see what Auburns offense did to them ]

It doesn't matter who wins this game neither can beat Clemson or Bama

We beat this FSU team even with Winston at QB....

Dec 19, 2017, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you see what Auburns offense did to them ]

Their oline is a swinging gate

Hold on a second there snowflake....

Dec 19, 2017, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you see what Auburns offense did to them ]

Clemson's passing offense ranks 52nd nationally.

Georgia is 110th which further supports the contention that UGa is a somewhat one dimensional offense.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/25/p2

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Hold on a second there snowflake....

Dec 19, 2017, 1:47 PM

But but but QBR!!!

Dec 19, 2017, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you see what Auburns offense did to them ]

UGA's offensive philosophy:

Step 1: Run the ball until you break your tailbacks legs (literally)
Step 2: Spend the rest of the season praying your mediochre QB remembers how to throw in the right direction.

Dec 19, 2017, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Did you see what Auburns offense did to them ]

By no means a Georgia fan, but certainly hate Oklahoma twice as much. That being said, you must accept that:

Georgia is 2nd best at passing yards allowed.

Georgia ranks 13th in rushing defense.

Georgia is 32nd in red zone defense.

Georgia is 4th in total defense.

Georgia is 8th in team passing efficiency defense.

This is no cakewalk game for the legendary Baker Mayfield. I hope he’s watching film instead of snapchatting his dance moves.

Dec 19, 2017, 10:46 AM

I hate them both, that being said, you must accept that:

Georgia plays in the worst division in all of college football.

That is all.

They play in the SEC East

Dec 19, 2017, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you see what Auburns offense did to them ]

Jake Bentley may be the best QB in that division.... think about that

Dec 19, 2017, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you see what Auburns offense did to them ]

They are highly ranked on defense and nobody seems to care .
I wonder though , outside of playing ND and Auburn 2X , who have they faced that could cause defensive coordinators to worry ?
The answer to that question might be found in the littany of SEC offenses available to feast on .
I am one who thinks that OU is going to win this game , and not by struggling defensively . I think they score 35+ on the Dawgs , and I don't believe for a second that if OU slows the UGA running game that Fromm will be able to bail them out by slinging it all over the field .
Came down to a score guess I am going 37-27 OU .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 19, 2017, 1:40 PM

Can’t argue with any of that!

Dec 19, 2017, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Did you see what Auburns offense did to them ]

Baker Mayfield will spend most of the game on the bench watching Nick Chubb and Sony Michel run all over what they call a defense in the Big XII.

Dec 19, 2017, 1:53 PM

Don't forget about Devonte Swift (spelling?). That kid can ball.

Dec 19, 2017, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you see what Auburns offense did to them ]

Bold strategy to try to run the ball when you're down 14 points, but I see Kirby Smart doing that.

Wouldn't be surprised either way.

Dec 19, 2017, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: I can't wait until OU exposes UGA ]

I have a feeling that one team is going to be exposed (like a certain orange-clad team did to the Buckeyes last year). I'm just not sure which one.

Dec 19, 2017, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: I can't wait until OU exposes UGA ]

I believe they will also bc, defense is the path to winning championships, and we have been a perfect example of that!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could go the other way with UGA exposing OU*****

Dec 19, 2017, 9:44 AM

Dec 19, 2017, 9:52 AM

I think it's gonna be the other way around. Oklahoma hasn't played a Defense with the speed they will see on the 1st. I ultimately think the game will be similar to Oklahoma vs. Clemson parts 1 and 2. Plus I hate Baker with the heat of 1000 fires.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2017, 9:54 AM

They played Ohio State in Columbus, which is a very solid defense as well.

Didn’t Iowa score 50 plus on buckeyes?

Dec 19, 2017, 9:56 AM

Not a good defense

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn’t Iowa score 50 plus on buckeyes?

Dec 19, 2017, 10:04 AM

Didn't Auburn score 40 on UGA? Last year didn't we give up 43 to Pitt?

You can't look at one game as a measure of a team.

By the way, one TD was a pick 6, OSU offense turned the ball over 4 times, and time of possession was about 35 minutes for the Hawkeyes.

Re: Didn’t Iowa score 50 plus on buckeyes?

Dec 19, 2017, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Didn’t Iowa score 50 plus on buckeyes? ]

2 or 3 tds were Iowa's D

Dec 19, 2017, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I can't wait until OU exposes UGA ]

Big 10 and Big 12 are both trash. Look what happens when they play out of conference.

Dec 19, 2017, 10:26 AM

Great argument, by that logic we could say the ACC is trash as well right? The SEC would also be trash, followed by the Pac-12 being trash.

https://www.topdan.com/sports/college-football-conference-records/2017.html

Here's a link of inter-conference records by the way. This is just a dumb, dumb argument.

Dec 19, 2017, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: I can't wait until OU exposes UGA ]

Lulz Ohio State doesn't have a good defense

Dec 19, 2017, 10:26 AM

You realize they're top 10 right? Or are you just ignorant to facts?

Dec 19, 2017, 11:24 AM

Who do they play? Oklahoma and a bunch of stale Big10 Offenses.

Dec 19, 2017, 11:27 AM

Who did UGA play? In their only real game against a healthy Auburn team they were destroyed.

You can make that case against a lot of teams, it's not like any teams are facing top 10-15 teams week in and week out or anything.

Dec 19, 2017, 10:23 AM

They won't. Oklahoma is a dog and pony show...do they know what a line backer is?

Dec 19, 2017, 10:27 AM

So I guess our offense was a dog and pony show the past two years as well, right?

Dec 19, 2017, 10:30 AM

What are you talking about? We actually have a defense. Do you really think we are comparable to Oklahoma? Have you watched OU or Big12 football this year?

Dec 19, 2017, 10:35 AM

Yes, I have watched Oklahoma. Their offense is #### good, as much as I hate Baker Mayfield I can admit that.

You stated they're a dog and pony show, and I'm assuming that was also related to their offense because, well, football ain't just about defenses.

Also, what does the Big12, ACC, SEC, etc. have to do with this? This is about individual teams, not conferences.

Yeah...not sure where you have been since 2014

Dec 19, 2017, 11:23 AM

But the big 12 is undeniably pretty awful.

Have struggled to have a legitimate playoff contender since it's inception.

UGA will expose them yet again in what has probabaly seemed like groundhog day for OU fans.

Will be 30-ish to something in the teens and UGA will control the run game as usual when going against a Big 12 opponent.

We have seen this "dog and pony" show years on end now from their conference.

UGA will win. And then lose to winner of Clemson/Alabama. Of that much I am certain.

Re: Yeah...not sure where you have been since 2014

Dec 19, 2017, 11:30 AM

Oklahoma played Auburn in the Sugar Bowl last year and dominated them...in 2014 Oklahoma beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl...so...

This Oklahoma team is also better on the offensive side of the ball than they have been since the playoffs were started.

I don't care what the rest of the Big 12 did or didn't do. The SEC Least was by far the worst division in college football but that somehow doesn't matter when talking about UGA because "SEC."

Dec 19, 2017, 2:01 PM

You mean they beat an Auburn team that finished last season at 8-5, and were coming off of a 30-12 loss to Bama? An Auburn team last year that beat Vandy by 7, Ole Miss by 11, and needed a last second play to beat an average LSU team?

I agree that Oklahoma has a pretty legit offense, but honestly it is hard to tell just how good they are because nobody in that conference plays any defense. If you count Houston, Mayfield is 3-3 against OOC power 5 teams, and that includes a win in overtime last season against a 7-5 Tennessee team.

Remember when we played them 2 years ago? Everyone was talking of how unstoppable the Oklahoma offense was for the same reasons they are this season, which is because they were putting up huge numbers against Big 12 teams. They were billed as "the Big 12 team that actually plays defense" and we all know how that one turned out. That certainly doesn't mean the same will happen this year, but there are reasons why many people doubt Oklahoma.

Dec 19, 2017, 2:24 PM

The Auburn team that we had to hold on til the bitter end to beat? Yeah, that one. I mean this year's Auburn team went 10-3, a mild improvement from the year before, and sustained major injuries in the SECCG but people give UGA a ton of credit for that game. It was also a virtual home game for UGA.

I agree that two years ago, their offense wasn't what it was made out to be, but our defense that year was better than this years UGA defense. Mayfield also didn't have two additional years in the offense under his belt. And converse to that, and my main point in the conversation, is that while the Big 12 doesn't play defense, the SEC Least doesn't actually play either. It's literally the worst division in college football.

I'm not sure who wins this game, but I'm just amazed by the people who all year said "UGA isn't that good they play in the SEC Least," or "Stop the run and you beat UGA" now are saying they will destroy the best offense (far and away) in college football this year.

I think it will be closer than everyone thinks, but I'm not sure who wins.

So you're using one example to debunk my hypothesis?

Dec 19, 2017, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah...not sure where you have been since 2014 ]

I'm assuming you've never take statistics.

Re: So you're using one example to debunk my hypothesis?

Dec 19, 2017, 2:29 PM

Your hypothesis is that the Big 12 sucks, therefore UGA wins.

The issue with your hypothesis, is that the SEC Least sucks as well.

I did take statistics, and find it funny you use that question however in your sample size (playoffs) you can only look at three years. However, just based on pure probabilities one would have to assume that the Big 12 would have a legitimate playoff contender at some point, and the longer you go without one the greater that chance would be.

Another flaw in your hypothesis, is that each year's results have little bearing on the following year. Otherwise, we would have never made it in 2015 because we had never been a "legitimate contender" before.

Dec 19, 2017, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: I can't wait until OU exposes UGA ]

ghey poast is ghey

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

UGAy will be the best defense OU has faced all season***

Dec 19, 2017, 11:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And OU will be by far the best offense UGA has seen all year***

Dec 19, 2017, 11:26 AM

O310 St says hi***

Dec 19, 2017, 11:26 AM [ in reply to UGAy will be the best defense OU has faced all season*** ]

Total Defense: UGa = 4, O31O State = 8...

Dec 19, 2017, 11:30 AM

Granted, UGa's ranking is largely the result of playing a bunch of weak competition in the $EC Least.

Georgia's success this year reminds me of South Carolina's.

Dec 19, 2017, 11:19 AM

They got a false sense of themselves because of the poor level of competition. The SEC East was soooooo bad this year and the way the SEC schedules work, no LSU and no Bama to expose them like a healthy Auburn team did in November.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OU will have fits trying to block that D line

Dec 19, 2017, 1:44 PM

and keep them out of the backfield.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OU will have fits trying to block that D line

Dec 19, 2017, 1:46 PM

I'm sure the offensive mind of Lincoln Riley will make sure to mix in some quick passes and screens (they've used those a good bit) to counter that. Where does the notion that the mutts have a world beater of a defense come from?

Their domination of the offensively & defensively challenged

Dec 19, 2017, 2:18 PM

SEC East?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2017, 1:51 PM [ in reply to OU will have fits trying to block that D line ]

UGA has struggled with a pass rush all year, they're ranked 63rd in team sacks.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Dec 19, 2017, 1:54 PM [ in reply to OU will have fits trying to block that D line ]

They may shut the run down but BM is at his best running around making plays.
UGA will not be able to cover OUs WRs , and the Sooners will put up half a Hondo

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic