Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can’t wait to hear the excuses around 5 o’clock tomorrow after we play NCState
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

I can’t wait to hear the excuses around 5 o’clock tomorrow after we play NCState

Jan 25, 2019, 5:45 PM

In basketball IN Raleigh. I hope all you Brownell supporters can help justify another L to a quality ACC opponent.

I hope I’m wrong but do you guys honestly see a Win tomm against State?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can’t wait to hear the excuses around 5 o’clock tomorrow after we play NCState

Jan 25, 2019, 6:04 PM

No, I don't see a win tomorrow against State, but can you honestly say 10 years ago you saw 4 straight ACC Football Titles,4 straight appearances in the CFP's and not one, but two National Championships.
We are not a basketball school, but when was the last time you can remember State being among the top echelon of ACC Basketball? Or for that matter not being able to win in places like Tallahassee.
The thing is we should be able to be competitive every year, but it seems that Brad has to have a group of players for 4 years, then they graduate, and we have to wait another 3 years for that team to gell.
And you want to know why fans are not more supportive? Just my opinion, but I think it's because they can't see progress in the program.
Brad is a great X's and O's coach, but if State can recruit players, and win games on the road, there is no reason we can't.

Re: I can’t wait to hear the excuses around 5 o’clock tomorrow after we play NCState

Jan 25, 2019, 6:10 PM

Player mentality for Basketball is different than football.

The majority of good bb players are inner city kids. ... they don’t want to be in a small town. They want to play in a full arena.

Clemson can’t fill the place on week nights

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jan 26, 2019, 11:13 AM

Great point MackDaddy! Although, if we were able to start winning at a high level I think we could start packing the house on week nights.

Jan 26, 2019, 2:14 AM [ in reply to Re: I can’t wait to hear the excuses around 5 o’clock tomorrow after we play NCState ]

I would be careful cause NC State was caught paying Dennis Smith Jr. For whatever reason it seems like more of these basketball players get paid and then get caught. I don’t see Clemson falling into that mold.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2019, 7:10 AM [ in reply to Re: I can’t wait to hear the excuses around 5 o’clock tomorrow after we play NCState ]

I would be willing to bet Dabo could go to the gym tomorrow and win more games than our bb coach. Winners can win with the talent they have. There is absolutely no reason Clemson can’t win in basketball When I was at Clemson 72-76, we stood behind the other teams bench and ragged Dean, Lefty and others, the place was full and students were at the games. We waited in line for tickets and we were competative most games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quit looking for controversy and pull for The Tigers as hard

Jan 25, 2019, 6:05 PM

as you can!!!

Re: Quit looking for controversy and pull for The Tigers as hard

Jan 25, 2019, 6:08 PM

Pulling as hard as I can doesn't put the ball in the hoop!

Jan 25, 2019, 6:13 PM

Did you pull as hard as you could when football won the title?

Jan 25, 2019, 6:27 PM

No.but I screamed a lot.
Still, we had talent, we had a team that was battle-tested, and we had the Best Head Coach in the country.
The basketball team was that way last year, but Brad just can't seem to recruit depth, players that can step up when Devoe graduates.
Want me to scream tomorrow afternoon? I will, but something is missing in basketball, and I think it's not players, but playmakers.
The football team has playmakers.
And that is the difference.

Are you a Clemson fan?

Jan 25, 2019, 6:39 PM

You don't sound like a Clemson fan.

Liar***

Jan 25, 2019, 6:54 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it that hard to just support the team ?

Jan 25, 2019, 7:04 PM

Win or lose during the season?

Can you wait until the end of the year ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

it’s obvious that you don’t hope you’re wrong. Obvious.***

Jan 25, 2019, 7:10 PM

i don’t know who is going to win

Jan 25, 2019, 9:02 PM

But I will be head to toe in my National Championship Orange sitting amongst big wuffie donors

I doubt any wuffpacker will engage me in conversation

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent football post

Jan 26, 2019, 1:41 AM

on the football board. coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Excellent football post

Jan 26, 2019, 2:01 AM

You’re welcome board moderator.

I’m still gonna be here around 5 to hear all of the B.B. excuses.

Jan 26, 2019, 3:46 AM

Sounds like you would be dissapointed if Clemson wins by the tone of your post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 10:43 AM

So what will ur excuse be when we win?

Jan 26, 2019, 11:19 AM

I’ll gladly eat my words if we win.

I want us to win but we gotta take one of these away games

Jan 26, 2019, 11:41 AM

I think they will pull this one out. Still a BB supporter and believe he is much better at what he does than he gets credit for. Have to figure out how to recruit shooters. NCAA basketball landscape would be better off for recruiting to discontinue one and done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: I can’t wait to hear the excuses around 5 o’clock tomorrow after we play NCState ]

I agree some about the excuses tho. We seem to be in a game or leading at the half and lose it in the second half. If that isn't coaching idk what it is. Now ofcourse players have to make plays but that also falls on the coach for getting players who will make plays. Now I know it is not easy to win in the ACC nor get great players at a school that supports football more than basketball but this year we have the pieces and they are not living up to expectations. Now much of it I believe is Mitchell's fault tho I love the kid and he may be injured idk or have his mind in a bad place but much of it is on BB. He has got to adjust better and/or coach our boys up better. Ofcourse it was not easy without Reed in some games and our ACC schedule has been very difficult but there is no excuse for us playing with UVA and Duke for a half but then getting blown out. No excuse for being up 9 on FSU and letting them destroy us in the second half. We have to be better in the second half, shoot better, and defend the 3 better. That falls on the coach no matter what anybody says.

Jan 26, 2019, 11:45 AM

I think we win.

Jan 26, 2019, 3:58 PM

D@mn! I was right after all! Even if I didn’t want to be!

There you have it,,, my prediction was right. I still can’t believe that guy for state made that shot.

Goodnight.

Message was edited by: TigerClaw1819

Jan 26, 2019, 3:59 PM

Good job claw. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 11:25 PM

Ughhh !!!!!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic