Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can see how Texas wanted Chad but wouldn't pay the $5MiL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,469

I can see how Texas wanted Chad but wouldn't pay the $5MiL

Jan 17, 2014, 4:02 PM

...plus have to turn around and give him another $1.3 + per year salary. But, these oil guys have the money so I don't really think Morris was officially offered..

plus, he has a daughter who's a senior in HS..and has promised Kelley & Watson he would hang around awhile.

What say you?

Congrats TiGER TEAM for a splendid season & OB Victory!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can see how Texas wanted Chad but wouldn't pay the $5MiL

Jan 17, 2014, 4:07 PM

IF Texas wanted Chad and IF Chad wanted Texas. Money would not be an issue.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Absolutely right!!***

Jan 17, 2014, 4:14 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2014, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I can see how Texas wanted Chad but wouldn't pay the $5MiL ]

5.1 + 1.3= 6.4 million for what could be only one year. How much is the head coach for Texas making? People can say if Texas wanted him they could afford him. So, they may have a lot of money. There is a reason for that, they DO NOT WASTE IT! $6.4 for an OC. Makes no since.

Jan 17, 2014, 5:23 PM

sense! wow long day lol.

Ha...I like Cents even better! ***

Jan 17, 2014, 5:48 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2014, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Re: I can see how Texas wanted Chad but wouldn't pay the $5MiL ]

So what you are saying is they didn't (wouldn't) want him. To them Chad is just another OC that they can get elsewhere.

For real. IF they wanted HIM alone then they can pay and it would be seen as an investment, plus they could structure a buyout that the next school couldn't touch.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Jan 17, 2014, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I can see how Texas wanted Chad but wouldn't pay the $5MiL ]

Sure it would. Just because you can afford to over pay for something doesn't mean that you will.

Assume that chad actually stayed for two years, Texas would be paying at least 3.5 million a year for their OC. Why would they do that when they could another one almost as good or possibly better for a third of the price?

Coaches promise these kids the moon

Jan 17, 2014, 5:14 PM

but they owe them nothing. Morris has to do whats right for his family and if that is stay here and coach watson then that is it, if its to go to texas and coach there then that is the right choice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,469
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic