Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do the students sit underneath the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,303

Do the students sit underneath the

Feb 10, 2020, 7:31 PM

Baskets in Littlejohn? I haven’t noticed this season. Apparently they don’t mock the antics of students at other courts during free throws.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can remember back in the 60's at the Cow Palace in

Feb 10, 2020, 7:59 PM

Fike Fieldhouse we would sit behind the visitor's bench and just be unmerciful to the players and coaches. One time the Wake Forest trainer got so pi$$ off that he through a cup of water at us, to no avail. 13 year old's are pretty quick!

Re: I can remember back in the 60's at the Cow Palace in

Feb 10, 2020, 8:04 PM

Must have been after 1964. I attended EVERY home game during my years at Clemson and all on the front row.

Feb 10, 2020, 11:54 PM [ in reply to I can remember back in the 60's at the Cow Palace in ]

wish I was old enough to see that and would love to see it again

Feb 11, 2020, 10:08 AM [ in reply to I can remember back in the 60's at the Cow Palace in ]

Lots of memories of Fike. Several electrical fires and we had to evacuate. There were no reserved seats but regular attendees sat in the same seat every game and no body else dare not sit there. Usually had a JV and varsity game. We sat on the stage and people would bring food which we shared, Sometimes the ladies would bring pies and cakes which were shared.

Chuck Cooper was the announcer for the first ever Clemson basketball broadcast from Fike and I was the color man. The "broadcast booth" was that small area on the East wall above the bleachers. To get there we had to climb boards nailed to a wooden upright beam, somewhat like climbing to a tree house. I believe I posted this story several years ago.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do the students sit underneath the

Feb 11, 2020, 11:23 AM

I remember sitting under the basket (I think 1981) vs Virgina. Ralph Sampson crashed into us. What a game. My picture with my college roommates was on the cover on the Greenville News the Sunday after the game. Still have that picture. Sampson plowing into us.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,303
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic