Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I bet Fields is in some serious pain today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,941

I bet Fields is in some serious pain today

Jan 2, 2021, 6:24 PM

I managed to go my entire life thus far without breaking a single bone, except multiple ribs on 3 occasions. It is not so bad fellas, at least not when it first happens. The second day, it hurts to breath. Getting out of bed requires that you learn how to become a contortionist, and god help you if you have a sneezing or coughing fit.

But the night you break them, not so bad. It hurts, but you are no danger of further damage, just a lot of pain later.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I bet Fields is in some serious pain today

Jan 2, 2021, 6:26 PM

I managed to go my entire life thus far without breaking a single bone, except multiple ribs on 3 occasions. It is not so bad fellas, at least not when it first happens. The second day, it hurts to breath. Getting out of bed requires that you learn how to become a contortionist, and god help you if you have a sneezing or coughing fit.

But the night you break them, not so bad. It hurts, but you are no danger of further damage, just a lot of pain later.

You played Skalski and got your ribs injured too? That’s 2 things you, Burrow and Fields have in common.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 6:29 PM

nah, once on my back slipping on some icy stairs, that was the worst. Once in a motorcycle accident. And another time I was drunk and had no Idea what happened, I think I fell and hit the corner of the bed and did not remember.

Jan 2, 2021, 6:27 PM

Was thinking the same thing when I saw Skalski's hit again. 2nd and 3rd day are the worst

The only broken ribs I have ever had were when the Docs

Jan 2, 2021, 6:37 PM

broke my whole chest to get to the ticker to do 3X bypass surgery. When the meds wore off from THAT little escapade, the pain was light years beyond anything I have ever experienced. And, I have experienced some pretty good (BAD) pain. Ma in Law had same back surgery as one of mine, and she (who certainly knows) said that was worse than childbirth pain. I'll take her word for it. But, if that is true, then the pain from a chest full of sawed in half sternum ribs is like birthing a whole busload of noisy little peckerheads all jumping up and down at the same time. Other than that, it's fine. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only broken ribs I have ever had were when the Docs

Jan 2, 2021, 6:48 PM

I would think sawing through them would require that you to avoid contact sports for a while.

Jan 2, 2021, 6:53 PM

I’m just glad the Dr’s were available to shoot him full of painkillers so he could keep playing.

Jan 2, 2021, 6:54 PM

You and ESPN both.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

And a fine job they did. He wasn't even wincing by game's

Jan 2, 2021, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: The only broken ribs I have ever had were when the Docs ]

end. They must have given him the good stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,941
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic