Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has Lawrence thrown a baseball and checked it with radar?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,286

Has Lawrence thrown a baseball and checked it with radar?

Feb 12, 2019, 8:35 AM

If he can sling a football with that much velocity and accuracy I bet he tear the radar gun up throwing a baseball.

Anyone know if he played baseball in high school?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has Lawrence thrown a baseball and checked it with radar?

Feb 12, 2019, 8:37 AM

Yeah I wonder that too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 8:40 AM

But, but, but Bama says he only throws 50-50 balls, so not sure if he can find the strike zone often enough.

LOL - Actually, many of us probably thought this about TL after watching the velocity of his throws. :)

Feb 12, 2019, 9:03 AM

Many on ESPN have said
Time over Distance he throws
a 60+ mph football
which = PDQ

88ft p/s

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet $1 he had a pitching coach when he was growing up.

Feb 12, 2019, 8:44 AM

I've coached a bunch of kids to throw a baseball and several great kids on the mound. Trevor and Chase both have perfect arm slots which translates to perfect horizontal location of a throw. Arm slot is the horizontal distance the arm moves during the windup of a pitch.

His extension is perfect and he rotates his upper body so perfectly and with such strength he doesn't need to rotate his hips for more power. Imo, he should never try to throw for velocity. The risk for damage is too great. I hope we never find out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I bet $1 he had a pitching coach when he was growing up.

Feb 12, 2019, 9:51 AM

You seem to be a baseball coach of some sort.

Am I reading correctly that you would encourage a thrower to only rotate their upper body and not use hip rotation to help power a throw?

Also when suggesting that he should not throw for velocity, are you saying that he should not throw as hard as he can?

If you mean he should never try to light up a radar gun with a baseball, then I agree.

The difference in weight between baseball and football could cause unique stress that he isn't prepared for.

If you are saying that throwing a football as hard as he can is bad for his arm then I am not sure that I agree.

I would imagine that he throws a football as hard as he can frequently, and that has helped to strengthen his arm.

As a baseball coach I am always trying to learn. Some clarification on your mechanical comments and your comments on arm safety would be much appreciated.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,286
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic