Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can make one absolute guarantee for LSU fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

I can make one absolute guarantee for LSU fans

Dec 30, 2019, 12:26 PM

BV will not play the entire game only rushing 3 or 4 and dropping everyone else

He knows Burrows is too good and his receivers are too good to let him have 5 - 7 seconds uncontested to look over the field

As boring as it was, I watched most of the LSU game and after the 1st quarter, watched the rush every play

Either OU had no pass rush or capable blitzers or they’re idiots

Will we get burned deep a time or two? Probably, but Burrow will be forced into mistakes

I think we win, not because LSU sucks (they don’t) but because the difference between our offense and their defense is greater than the difference between their offense and our defense

Go Tigers (spelled and enunciated correctly)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can make one absolute guarantee for LSU fans

Dec 30, 2019, 12:28 PM

They tried blitzing. The Oline has been playing at an incredible level and when OU did get past the line, Burrow either ran for big chunks or he was able to make really precise throws under pressure.

Honest question, who do you think Clemson compares to

Dec 30, 2019, 12:30 PM

that LSU has faced? Or which offense/defense pairing?

Clemson

Dec 30, 2019, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I can make one absolute guarantee for LSU fans ]

They didn’t much at all

If it was 10% I’d be amazed

I was specifically looking for pressure on every play to see how we might affect Burrows

It was non-existant

Dec 30, 2019, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I can make one absolute guarantee for LSU fans ]

They didn’t much at all

If it was 10% I’d be amazed

I was specifically looking for pressure on every play to see how we might affect Burrows

It was non-existant

Dec 30, 2019, 12:30 PM

Blitz and stay behind their receivers. Let him complete passes. Just don’t let him get easy touchdowns. Make them work in the red zone. The key to getting sacks and interceptions is to have our Blitzer arrive in less than three seconds on plays were their routes develop in more than three seconds.

Dec 30, 2019, 12:39 PM

OU just didn’t have the personnel to mimic what Auburn and (at times) UGA did to slow them down. They spent most of the year scraping by mediocre teams by just “out athlete-ing” the teams they were playing. Against K State, that didn’t work and certainly wasn’t going to work against LSU. Everyone knew going in there was a significant gap between teams 1-3 and 4 and that showed. I honestly thought OU might try to grind it out on the ground and keep it closer, but they came out throwing passes (much like OSU) only that with Hurts, he is nowhere accurate enough to lean on his throwing abilities in a top 5 matchup. Thought OU game plan on both sides of the ball was a head stretcher.

Burrow will get some yards. We just need to keep the ball in front of us and keep them out of the end zone. Tall order, but if we get a couple people stepping up, Venables and crew can pull it off even against a somewhat stacked deck given the semi-final matchups and final game location.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe LSU will win...

Dec 30, 2019, 12:38 PM

in the stats column except for the only one which is remembered forever. You are correct in your assessment. Our D will give up some yards but the most important is from the one yard marker to the goal.

Clemson will score early and often.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe LSU will win...

Dec 30, 2019, 12:49 PM

The number 2 offense thought that as well and LSU's defense shut them down.

Dec 30, 2019, 1:03 PM

Oh yeah. Giving up 28 is a shutdown. The only reason LSPU wins games is because they score 50 every time. They will not come close to that against Clemson. And Clemson will put up numbers against them.

we gon run the ball down your throat though

Dec 30, 2019, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I believe LSU will win... ]

When you get tired of that Trevor will carve you up

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I believe LSU will win... ]

The difference is you were dealing with the number 39 defense and we knew who Jalen Hurts really was. We’d played him before. He was not a Heisman caliber quarterback, he is a running back playing quarterback In a horrible defensive league with a good offensive scheme

Now you have the number 3 offense going against the number 29 defense and the number 1 offense going against the number 3 defense

This is after 14 games, you know, after we played somebody

Dec 30, 2019, 12:49 PM [ in reply to I believe LSU will win... ]

We need to rough up Burrow and Jefferson(Buckeye coaches gave me this tidbit).

W/You 100%

Dec 30, 2019, 1:00 PM

The difference between Clemson offense and LSU defense is wider than that of LSU's offense and Clemson's defense. BV is not the highest paid DC in the land for "no reason"!

When you keep in mind we won't need to completely stop Joe Burrow and Brady and company. We just need to slow them down enough!

Bam!

P.S. Georgia offense is ranked 62nd. Oklahoma has been mostly running it for some reason and have not had to be the traditional Air Raid. I think they have had immense issues in their OL; which caused Hurts to have to bail early or not set his feet. So, they basically, turned into a running team the last 4 games or so. Watch Mike Gundy preview Oklahoma before the bedlum game. He calls them a wishbone team. So, those taking stock in them destroying Oklahoma when the Sooners were down 4 guys. 3 suspended and 1 early exit for targeting go ahead. I would caution you hardly no team in the country could sustain that loss against a good opponent and be okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNJ7OAifIww

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The X Factor

Dec 30, 2019, 12:49 PM

My only real concern is Burrow's feet. They'll make some plays, but I think our cover guys will match their outside guys. Simmons will contain a lot of that middle stuff that goes to #2 Jefferson. Their run is kinda weak. But what no one knows, not even Burrow himself, is when he will feel the need to run, because he is a really slippery guy. If we can force them into a couple of FGs and trade for TDs, we've got them.

They'll bring pressure early to test TL, but he and ETN can hurt them in ways Hurts couldn't.
We'll win in a shootout.

Rex Ryan said similar. ***

Dec 30, 2019, 1:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic