Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I believe D-Rad has two options...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

I believe D-Rad has two options...

May 31, 2015, 1:10 PM

1. Fully commit to Jack, buy into Jack's program, and provide a long term contract. This will send a clear message to the fans, players and recruits.

or

2. Ask Jack to retire or take a different position in the AD or fire him.

D-Rad cannot take a position in between those two options. If he does, it leaves a disgruntled fan base, leaves the players in doubt, and leaves recruits with too many doubts about their future and makes it easier for them to commit to another program.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leggett has one year remaining on his contract.

May 31, 2015, 1:19 PM

DRad can simply say it's not going to be renewed or extended regardless of on-field success in the coming year, and we're going to bring in his replacement this off-season to transition the program to the next regime. Leggett can remain as HC with the new coach's staff, or he can step out of the way now - his choice. Leggett has five good years of coaching left in him - enough for a school trying to build a competitive program to bring him in as a foundation piece.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe D-Rad has two options...

May 31, 2015, 2:06 PM

Your 1st option would split the fanbase in a big way. There is no way we will put up with a long extension to a losing coach. I like your second option a lot better. There is one you did not mention but it will please no one. Allow Leggett to coach his last year with no extension. There are big problems here. Rival recruiters will use that fact to destroy our recruiting . The fans who want Leggett gone wont buy tickets. I would not blame them .

May 31, 2015, 2:29 PM

Brilliant deduction!

ahhh... the ole

May 31, 2015, 2:32 PM

"I see 2 options but I'll give 3" poast...

well played

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

# 2 is only option, and there are two there...

May 31, 2015, 2:43 PM

I would like to see him moved to another position with new coach hired...(possible one from College of Charleston...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a very good point.***

May 31, 2015, 4:32 PM

May 31, 2015, 4:55 PM

From everything I read,and heard last year,Dan R made it clear that it was Omaha
or else.Well, it's else.So after 2 straight seasons of back to back losses in the regionals,and another missed trip to Omaha since 2010,it's time for a change.
The program,imo, has gone stagnate.
It's the same status quo,small ball,year in and year out and it ain't working.
Sorry Jack,but if you not willing to change your stragety,
Clemson has no stragety but to look for new blood.

Jun 1, 2015, 7:57 AM

That seems like 4 options...

At the beginning of the season I said......

Jun 1, 2015, 8:30 AM

that I thought Leggett needed to at least host and/or win a Regional in order to be retained. Nothing has happened that would make me feel any differently.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic