Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In all seriousness I am disappointed we dropped Wyoming
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

In all seriousness I am disappointed we dropped Wyoming

Feb 18, 2020, 5:38 PM

I always like to see us play new teams and programs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In all seriousness I am disappointed we dropped Wyoming

Feb 18, 2020, 6:00 PM

Always wondered why Clemson has not gotten a home and away game against East Carolina as of yet.They have played everybody else in the state of North Carolina just about.

I assume the away part of that equation is the issue...

Feb 18, 2020, 6:08 PM

...as it would be tough to maintain 7 home games that year if we did so.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: I assume the away part of that equation is the issue...

Feb 18, 2020, 6:30 PM

kinda figured it would take an away game for Clemson to ever play the Pirates,like what both North Carolina and North Carolina State have to do when they have scheduled East Carolina in Chapel Hill and Raleigh and then both end up going to Greenville

Re: I assume the away part of that equation is the issue...

Feb 18, 2020, 10:34 PM

UNC and NCSU don’t have a built in rival game with an OOC P5 opponent like Clemson, GT, FSU and Louisville do. So, they have much greater flexibility in this element of scheduling.

That said, I would have zero desire to see the Tigers play in Greenville, NC. We already play the state of NC enough (three games in 2019 alone). If ECU wants to play Clemson, they need to agree to come to the Valley for a one-and-done just like every other group of 5 team we play.

have never played them strangely

Feb 18, 2020, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: In all seriousness I am disappointed we dropped Wyoming ]

Yet have played SC many times

Feb 19, 2020, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: In all seriousness I am disappointed we dropped Wyoming ]

ECU is not really worthy of a home-and-home with a National contender like CLEMSON. Not trying to be arrogant, but their last 3 seasons have gone 3-9, 3-9, and 4-8. They have won LESS games in the last 3 years than CLEMSON wins in a single year. Seriously?? ECU?? Forget that nonsense. I prefer that CLEMSON schedule small schools within the state of SC to help our SC schools financially. I have no desire to see us play Troy, WCU, Appy St, or North Texas State, etc, even though I really like Appy State.

Me too. I work with a Wyoming grad. Been talking this game up for YEARS.***

Feb 18, 2020, 6:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Me too. I work with a Wyoming grad. Been talking this game up for YEARS.***

Feb 19, 2020, 7:03 AM

It was going to be fun. Especially after all the years of build up/anticipation. How they actually have been strong on D and could get another great QB to roll through there by the time the game would have been played. Now we will have to settle for some lowly SEC lEast exhibition type game. Sigh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People have been talking about Wyoming for years.

Feb 18, 2020, 6:39 PM

YEARS! Mind you.

And then out of nowhere, BOOM!

The game is no more.

Sad.

Re: People have been talking about Wyoming for years.

Feb 18, 2020, 10:19 PM

They had been building a powerhouse to hang with us and now we’ll never know who would have come out on top.
????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

X-actly.***

Feb 19, 2020, 7:39 AM

Feb 19, 2020, 3:51 AM

Never seen Clemson schedule an away game with a non P5 opponent like ECU. Coot thing to do.

Feb 19, 2020, 5:20 AM

Disappointed too. My father in law played for them in the late 60s. Was looking forward to taking him up for the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 10:53 AM

I second that

Feb 19, 2020, 4:59 PM

Me too. I think they have the coolest team colors out there (besides us). Brown, yellow, and white. As we know, uniforms are one of the most important criteria.

Feb 19, 2020, 7:16 PM

The schedule had Wyoming and Uconn...so much for the "help small SC schools" BS...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 8:40 PM

We should schedule a home in home with North Dakota State Bison.... National champs in 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18 and 19. They had a rebuilding year in 2016. We keep recruiting like we are and play cupcakes from the SEC East a couple times a year, we shouldn't have any problem putting together a run of Nattys like that.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we are keeping the SC State game***

Feb 19, 2020, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: In all seriousness I am disappointed we dropped Wyoming ]

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic