Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am not open to making a coaching change now.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,268

I am not open to making a coaching change now.

Feb 12, 2020, 11:58 PM

Not just because of tonight's win. And regardless of what happens the rest of the way this season. Brad has built this team for next year. Simm's and Trapp's senior seasons. Many good young players should be returning barring injury or transfer. Good recruits coming in. Probably his most talented and deepest team since being at Clemson with a good amount of experience. It would not be fair to make a change before next season and allow another coach to benefit from what Brownell has built specifically for next year and beyond. However if next season does not work out the way it should then maybe it will be time for that conversation. But not now. Not before the end of next season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am not open to making a coaching change now.

Feb 13, 2020, 12:11 AM

Even if 75-80% of Tigernet agrees with you (and I have no idea what the actual pctg is), the potential firing of Brownell will still be the dominant topic on Tnet next year.

Most of us fans are not astute enough about the game to discuss anything deeper than “Fire him!” or “Not yet!”

It’s unfortunate but true. The game is such a rich blend of tactics, skill and teamwork, but appears to be dominated totally by luck and inconsistent refs. I’m hoping these insights posted by TO can help us all learn and discuss the game in a more friendly and intelligent manner rather than throwing so many firebombs at each other.

Feb 13, 2020, 12:16 AM

I hope with everything I have that we make a run this year and if not we make the big dance next year. Numbers do not lie tho and if we don't make the tourney next year BB should go imo. I hope we have turned the corner tho. We have a lot of talent and more coming in next year while not losing much from this years team. We could be top 4 or 5 in the ACC next year imo. I think BB is a great coach at planning for a game but only mediocore at halftime adjustments and not so good at end of game management. Just my opinion. I like the guy and love listening to his interviews. He seems like a great man and I hope he starts winning more so we can keep him.

Feb 13, 2020, 7:18 AM

Throwing the ball to tumpleweeds but straight to the coach out of bounds is one example.

Dean Smith had 2-3 STRONG benches. Every year. Get to that level and show better fundamentals. Then I'll care how open you are to making a coaching change.

I hope you are right because

Feb 13, 2020, 1:52 PM

we are staring at a 14-16 season this year.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,268
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic