Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Watson beats Gamecocks with a torn ACL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 76
| visibility 1

FB Update: Watson beats Gamecocks with a torn ACL

Nov 29, 2014, 4:41 PM

Watson beats Gamecocks with a torn ACL

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just let him get the surgery now..

Nov 29, 2014, 4:42 PM

let cole start the bowl game..winning that isnt as important having watson ready for next season is

Let Stoudt lose the bowl game for us

Nov 29, 2014, 4:44 PM

Have the surgery now

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exaclty..the bowl is irrelevant ..

Nov 29, 2014, 4:45 PM

but having watson at the start of next year actually matters

What a classy cheap shot..

Nov 29, 2014, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Let Stoudt lose the bowl game for us ]

If he were my son I would want him to have the surgery as well. Not necessary to make a classless remark about Stoudt. He has played his role as best he could for 4 years and has done it with class. He is a true Tiger--are you??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a classy cheap shot..

Nov 29, 2014, 6:45 PM

cole absolutely sux and I'm glad he's done. and I am a tiger more so than most on this board. get over it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Nov 30, 2014, 12:28 AM

You're also a first-class jerk. Get over yourself.

We can all see players' deficiencies, but real fans also recognize and appreciate effort. Go find a pro (or SEC) team to "support."

Nov 30, 2014, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: What a classy cheap shot.. ]

Classless idiot!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2014, 11:56 AM [ in reply to What a classy cheap shot.. ]

There are a lot of classless people on Tigernet.

It's actually pretty important for preseason rankings next year***

Nov 29, 2014, 4:54 PM [ in reply to just let him get the surgery now.. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they can't see where we should be ranked with a healthy

Nov 29, 2014, 4:57 PM

Watson vs. an injured Watson then they are DAs that need to find new jobs b/c football isn't their cup of tea...

Re: It's actually pretty important for preseason rankings next year***

Nov 29, 2014, 6:16 PM [ in reply to It's actually pretty important for preseason rankings next year*** ]

Where were LSU and Ohio State ranked after Clemson beat them in the bowl games? Bowl Game doesn't mean as much as it used to apparently.

The committee doesn't make their poll until like week 6***

Nov 29, 2014, 8:12 PM [ in reply to It's actually pretty important for preseason rankings next year*** ]

Re: The committee doesn't make their poll until like week 6***

Nov 30, 2014, 11:59 AM

Zackly. Pre season doesn't mean a thing with the new playoff rankings.

Re: It's actually pretty important for preseason rankings next year***

Dec 1, 2014, 3:55 PM [ in reply to It's actually pretty important for preseason rankings next year*** ]

I don't care about preseason rankings, personally. It builds too much hype, like the season we were #9 and Bama smoked us. Or like how South Carolina was preseason #9 and we all see how that turned out. It's kind of stupid to have preseason rankings when you constantly give school credit and those schools underperform... Looking at you Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Southern Cal, etc.

A True Warrior

Nov 29, 2014, 4:42 PM

Get Well Deshaun

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Re: FB Update: Watson beats Gamecocks with a torn ACL

Nov 29, 2014, 4:43 PM

Wow. That young man is truly a freak. So thankful to have him in Orange

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, what?***

DAYUM! The coots are not gonna like this...***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not have surgery sooner?***

I am in AWE here...

Unbelieveable heart and dedication to this team and program...You, Mr Watson, are just unreal...Many BJs for you tonight... Hell of a job young man to toughen up when your team needed you the most! Enjoy the rest of the off-season

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: I am in AWE here...

Nov 29, 2014, 5:24 PM

> Unbelieveable heart and dedication to this team and
> program...You, Mr Watson, are just unreal...Many BJs
> for you tonight... Hell of a job young man to toughen
> up when your team needed you the most! Enjoy the
> rest of the off-season

I wish him many BJs tonight as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is the future...***

Nov 29, 2014, 4:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That makes the 10 yd sprint he did

Nov 29, 2014, 4:46 PM

that much more incredible!

I have said to myself since seeing him, he is one of those once in a lifetimes!

A real warrior in deshaun

Nov 29, 2014, 4:47 PM

But could this cause any further harm? More concerned about his future than our bowl game

Re: A real warrior in deshaun

Nov 29, 2014, 4:49 PM

they said they had the brace super tight on his leg.. so i doubt it.. as long as he didn't cut really sharp he was good to go.. makes sense why it was just deep drops..

Nov 29, 2014, 4:47 PM

I know this is gonna kill my pumper pulse, but this is further proof that you can't believe a word that comes out of Dabo's mouth.

I'm fine with that. His job is to win games and not to give lip service to fans, but he will lie his butt off if it benefits the program. You can like it or not, but this proves it.

Nov 29, 2014, 4:48 PM

Don't care...He intentionally decieved the other sideline in order for us to win...Do it every d@mn I say!

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Nov 29, 2014, 4:51 PM

I'm fine with that. But to have his every word treated as the Gospel is tiring. This is the proof. He will lie and deceive to win games. Good. But Tigernet needs to stop hanging on his every word and use some dang sense.

Nov 29, 2014, 4:54 PM

Its Football dude....Same sh*t happens in the NFL week in and week out...Kept the Carolina sideline honest for nearly two weeks...Love it...

Believe me, if they felt #4 couldn't go, he wouldn't have been out there...You know that as much as I do...give him a break man

Nov 29, 2014, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson beats Gamecocks with a torn ACL ]

It proves you should shut up!

Nov 29, 2014, 5:02 PM

Stick your head in the sand little coot.

Dabo's a dang winner and he proved it today. Keep living in your little fantasy world. I'm gonna sit back and watch my Tigers win some games.

Nov 29, 2014, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson beats Gamecocks with a torn ACL ]

Apparently he tore it in practice, not in the game against GT. So, where was the lie?

he's Tiger Woods!***

Nov 29, 2014, 4:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he's Tiger Woods!***

I hope he scores as much

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!!!!

that deserves a C'MON MAAAAAAANNNNNNN

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2014, 4:50 PM

Amazing. Today was the bowl game, and he won it for us. Don't care about the bowl, since we aren't in the playoff. DW with one knee > Stoudt with two. I really had high hopes for Stoudt this year, but he just doesn't have it. At least he has pretty hair.

Nov 29, 2014, 4:52 PM

So what you are saying is that our coaches allowed a player to play with a torn ACL. After it looks like they rushed him back.

This is not good news. Great DW manned up and did that, but that is not cool. He needs to have this surgery before the bowl.

Also another freaking injury. DW is totally injury prone and I do not see him ever playing a complete season from what I have seen so far.

Nov 29, 2014, 4:53 PM

Shut up already

Dude what the hell

Nov 29, 2014, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson beats Gamecocks with a torn ACL ]

We won the freakin game. Watson and the training staff both thought he could play so he did.

Nuff said

He needs the surgery...NOW!

Nov 29, 2014, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson beats Gamecocks with a torn ACL ]

Like the article said, Mike Eppley played an entire season with a torn ACL. (before many of you were born). I do agree that he should be in surgery ASAP. He does not need to play in the bowl game. Period.

The Legend of DW4 Continues...

Nov 29, 2014, 4:52 PM

To be completely honest I really don't care about the bowl at all. I'd rather him have surgery tomorrow and throw Stoudt out there in the bowl game. I really don't care if we win or lose that game.

The next time I want to see Watson is the season opener in August. Let the two freshman Israel and Bryant duel it out during the spring game. Save Watson, he's just a special player.

A one legged man CAN win an ### kicking contest!

Nov 29, 2014, 4:56 PM

If it's DW and...

Nov 29, 2014, 5:05 PM

the opponent is the coots. #nocontest??

This is my favorite post ever read on TigerNet!!!!!!!!!***

Nov 29, 2014, 6:41 PM [ in reply to A one legged man CAN win an ### kicking contest! ]

Nov 29, 2014, 4:57 PM

I learned from experience you can perform just fine with a torn acl. The problem is it makes the knee much more prone to sprain.

Just Get Deshaun Healthy....Thats More Important >>>

Nov 29, 2014, 5:05 PM

This has totally been
the year of torn MCLs and
ACLs at Clemson.

are you flipping kidding me?!

Nov 29, 2014, 5:06 PM

Hate we could've potentially risked his health more, but this young man is something else.

Re: are you flipping kidding me?!

Nov 29, 2014, 5:10 PM

You guys think that may be the reason Morris is moving on to a team that is 0-11? Maybe he lose some respect for Dabo? I'm not bashing. I was blown away to see he played with a torn ACL. Just asking the question.

Nov 29, 2014, 5:24 PM

Maybe it's more money, where he is from, and no where to go but up?

get over yourselve armchair dr, let me guess you stayed

Nov 29, 2014, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: are you flipping kidding me?! ]

at a Holiday Inn Express so you can diagnoase injuries. Once its torn its torn dude. If you can manage the pain, there is not much more damage to do. Hence the doctors CLEARED him and had a brace that acted as the acl. c'mon , always have to have something to complain about. wow

Nov 30, 2014, 12:02 PM [ in reply to are you flipping kidding me?! ]

This was a Doctors decision. The coaches would not play DW if he wasn't cleared.

they also released an X-ray of the knee. Here is a copy.

Nov 29, 2014, 5:21 PM
image.jpg(55.9 K)

Bahahahahaha!.

Nov 29, 2014, 5:26 PM

Even if he can't injure it any further.

Nov 29, 2014, 5:30 PM [ in reply to they also released an X-ray of the knee. Here is a copy. ]

He could over compensate for it and be more susceptible to injuring his other knee.

no need to compensate

Nov 29, 2014, 6:04 PM

It appears he's got a walking cane.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they also released an X-ray of the knee. Here is a copy.

Nov 29, 2014, 5:38 PM [ in reply to they also released an X-ray of the knee. Here is a copy. ]

You are disgusting . You have to be a Carolina Fan.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New nickname "Tripod"!*****

Nov 29, 2014, 6:41 PM [ in reply to they also released an X-ray of the knee. Here is a copy. ]

Nov 29, 2014, 5:28 PM

He's in good hands with Dr Bowman. Two time ACL surgery from him back in the 80's.

next season

Nov 29, 2014, 5:33 PM

Will he be ready for next year????

Nov 29, 2014, 5:51 PM

and stoudt threw a pick with a hurt shoulder!

Nov 29, 2014, 6:03 PM

I feel confident in saying if he couldn't play next season BC he played in the bowl game and not having surgery then he would have surgery tomorrow so no worries

Nov 29, 2014, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson beats Gamecocks with a torn ACL ]

I feel confident in saying if he couldn't play next season BC he played in the bowl game and not having surgery then he would have surgery tomorrow so no worries

Nov 29, 2014, 6:16 PM

I don't know how to feel about this. Did Dabo play an injured player to improve his job standing? I hope not, and I believe that Dabo cares enough about his players to not put them in harm's way. But this still doesn't feel quite right. Can anybody elaborate further? How common is it to play a player with a torn ACL in today's medical environment?

Nov 29, 2014, 6:22 PM

We have to assume there are different degrees of a torn ACL - no way he'd wait until AFTER the bowl game to get it fixed otherwise. Pretty sure our Coaches wouldn't risk this kid's health to beat the Shamecocks. One is a lonely number, but we'll take it! Or should I say "WON"?

Nov 29, 2014, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson beats Gamecocks with a torn ACL ]

Very. Probably more often than you think. I read an article a few years back that an orthopedic surgeon wrote regarding NFL QBs and he said that he would guess anywhere from a quarter to a third of starting NFL QBs have at least a partially torn ACL by season end. Don't know how reliable it is, but its definitely not unheard of from a QB.

You need to hear what the doctors say, not tigernetters.

Nov 29, 2014, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson beats Gamecocks with a torn ACL ]

Don't think there are any medical experts on here and NONE that are privy to Watson's injury.

Nov 30, 2014, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson beats Gamecocks with a torn ACL ]

Yeah I would have to assume that it's only a partial tear. And I know our team doctors look after our kids. Regardless, that was a very impressive performance for a QB with a bad wheel. That should kill any doubts about Watson's toughness.

It's a total tear, that's why he played

Nov 30, 2014, 3:42 AM

Can't tear it anymore if it's already torn. My brother tore his ACL playing football. The way the doctors described it to us, it really just only slows you down. A lot of non-athletes don't even have surgery after tearing it. You can still walk and jog, just can't really run. Because he was looking to continue his athletic career it was recommended to him that he have surgery to get his knee back to normal, but was told if he wasn't going to play football again it wasn't a necessity. Basically it's just up to how much you can do without it.

Nov 29, 2014, 6:19 PM

Must mean that Stoudt wasn't really ready doesn't it? We've been lied to about Stoudt the entire season. Why in the H*** would we allow him to throw a ball on 1st and 10 when we've been running the ball all over the field. Bye Chad - enjoy the Mustangs.

News Flash----We won and Chad says bye.***

Nov 29, 2014, 8:56 PM

Dang! We got Doctors and Coaches all on one thread!

Nov 29, 2014, 6:28 PM

Amazing!

Re: Dang! We got Doctors and Coaches all on one thread!

Nov 29, 2014, 6:32 PM

Tajh Boyd played the majority of his senior high school season with a torn ACL and had surgery in January before enrolling

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArt...CLID=205529382

Just let them b!tch. Coots are desperately holding onto how

Nov 30, 2014, 12:21 AM

awful and desperate dabo is emmitt smith too, I wonder if these people understand what an acl is and if DW is a qb and not a rb/wr or if they realize who this decision rested on. This went through deshaun watson and his family first, they made the decision to play then the medical PROFESSIONALS made the decision that there was no risk in playing him and if they feel there's no real risk then why should they tell a guy he can't play because he's not making the right choice for himself? Not for a bunch of butt hurt coots and has beens that's for sure.

WHINING COOTS

Nov 30, 2014, 6:43 AM

Coots are obviously going to whine about Dabo playing him but that makes it that much sweeter to me.... They know we beat them down and Watson wasn't even close to healthy. To all of you Carolina fans that were hoping he didn't play and then many of you saying that the USuCk defense would "hurt him" I hope you had a front row seat to the a$$ kicking and there's a lot more to come. Sorry coots but Clemson is back and there's going to be ORANGE EVERYWHERE!

Nov 30, 2014, 10:43 AM

Ya know when you recruit a player you recruit his parents or guardians too. So how many recruits do ya think we will lose because of the coaches decision. Its not Watson's call its Dabo's... no bowl game get it fixed.

How many in-state recruits do you think your coots will lose

Nov 30, 2014, 11:34 AM

after being humiliated by a freshman QB playing on one leg?

Much better question.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 76
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic