Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am honestly disgusted about student tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I am honestly disgusted about student tickets

Apr 13, 2016, 10:11 PM

Welcome to the real world students everything has choices and nothing good is free. But all these post acting like its the end of the world is crazy. That stadium is going to stay rocking whether there are students or others in that section. Trust me students are not the only ones that can get loud. Maybe this will give the students that leave by halftime an incentive to stay. I know this board will dislike this post because anything said against the popular view is disliked but this is a post by an honest clemson alumni

Go tigers and keep that stadium loud!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am honestly disgusted about student tickets

Apr 13, 2016, 11:03 PM

Point taken....but what gets me is that this is a pattern of Radakovich. Since he has been here he has found every way possible to nickel and dime the fan base. Now it's time to go after additional revenue from the students. $4 for a bottle of water in the stadium wasn't enough, increasing IPTAY dues wasn't enough, selling 60,000 season tickets isn't enough, increasing seat equity plan isn't enough, screwing with game day parking to increase revenue isn't enough and the list goes on and on. The Clemson fan base is immensely loyal....but there is a price point, are we there yet and what is enough to satisfy Radakovich?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DRad ha also invested very heavily in football facilities and salaries.

Apr 14, 2016, 12:01 AM

Most Clemson fans feel that these are necessary investments to keep the football a top program nationally. How do you think the money for these very expensive endeavors should be generated of not in the ways you mentioned?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: DRad ha also invested very heavily in football facilities and salaries.

Apr 14, 2016, 6:58 AM

Let's be clear - DRad hasn't invested a thing in Clemson. DRad has invested our money into facilities while being paid handsomely to do so. What I don't like is the nickel and dime, bureaucratic sleaze ball approach that he has learned from a lifetime of administrative work. Put on your big boy pants, figure out a budget, and tell us how much it's gonna cost. He shouldn't think you need to squeeze #### by us by spreading it out over 100 different charges and then be so completely tone deaf as to announce it at literally the exact same time as the most expensive contract ever written at Clemson is released. DRad is a carpetbagger with no regard for the impact he is leaving on those of us here before or after him. And crediting him with even 1 oz of Dabo's football success is foolishness. If there was an insurmountable budget issue that demands increased revenue from the CU to the AD it should have been handled internally. Just unceremoniously slapping a price sticker on it and announcing it the same time as Coach Swinney's contract just demonstrates how completely out of touch he is. It also shows he is remarkably poor fund raiser if $2 million a year - pittance in the overall athletic budget - is suddenly a make break budgetary amount for which he has no alternative solutions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DRad ha also invested very heavily in football facilities and salaries.

Apr 14, 2016, 7:06 AM

Amen, brother! Get your budget in order and enjoy the ESPN windfall. Stop raiding everyone pockets.

Well stated. Timing was bad ... Not sure if ever a good time***

Apr 14, 2016, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: DRad ha also invested very heavily in football facilities and salaries. ]

Re: Well stated. Timing was bad ... Not sure if ever a good time***

Apr 14, 2016, 8:58 AM

I am sure someone came up with this idea and it just got passed along. I am sure there is a lot of pressure(greed) to move some more students out of prime seats for the sake of money. When I was in school, students had from the 50 yard line east. Then they took seats away. I am not sure what yard line the students go to now. You can bet your sweet bottom that big donors get more of the student seats this time around too

Nailed it

Apr 14, 2016, 6:36 AM [ in reply to Re: I am honestly disgusted about student tickets ]

Although it's more like Jacksoned and Benjamined than nickeled and dimed, you nailed it. DRad is squeezing every fan for every penny, and it's getting old. The "funny" thing is, we all saw this coming the day his hire was announced.

Re: Nailed it

Apr 14, 2016, 7:11 AM

It is easy to spend other peoples money with no accountability. This might really hurt Iptay in the long run because if students don't get in the habit of going to games while in school, they won't support Iptay and purchase high dollar tickets when you get out.

The home field advantage come from the student section for the most part because they are loud and right on the field. Move them to the upper deck and they become useless. Kinda like they did in basketball when they moved the students to the end of the court instead of side court.

If you don't ever have the best seats you don't know the real value of those seats. Just like you don't know the real value of a championship football team. The old timers know what that was in the early 80s. Now you know what that takes from what we have now. Football drives more than just football. The school profits from it too by investment grants, etc and students wanting to go there, so raise tuition Lol. A never ending cycle.

There is no question that Dabo is the best in the business and Great for our university. He is giving Clemson the exposure we haven't had ever! All of that is FREE advertising for Clemson. I know, nothing is Free. I learned that at Clemson.. "There is no such thing as a FREE LUNCH".

Apr 14, 2016, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: I am honestly disgusted about student tickets ]

I so agree with everything you said about DAN nickle and diming the fan base!

You know that most of what you mentioned was pre D-Rad

Apr 14, 2016, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: I am honestly disgusted about student tickets ]

I don't like this plan and told him so. Kudos to him for listening and being open to modifying his plan...

Eventually students will have to pay something but they need to roll out a better plan at a better time. IMO

Easy for you to throw stones now, your tickets were free and

Apr 13, 2016, 11:06 PM

Tuition was cheaper

Re: Easy for you to throw stones now, your tickets were free and

Apr 14, 2016, 9:43 AM

You're right; our tickets were free and our tuition was cheaper. Of course, we must also consider that our wages were dramatically different than they are today. I had to work to pay for my own tuition when I attended Clemson in the early 70's. I got a job at the Physical Plant on the 2nd shift making $1,25 per hour. So you aren't comparing apples to apples by looking back. Look around at other schools to determine what's justified and what's not justified.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2016, 11:16 PM

They pay that much for their I phones

Apr 13, 2016, 11:16 PM

I'm honestly sick of hear reading about it. When you haven't done anything to change what you don't like, why let it devour your thoughts to the point that it makes some ill. Best just to leave it alone, or do something to try and change it, or just live with it....:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PEOPLE WILL OAY UNTIL WINNING STOPS THEN UH OH***

Apr 14, 2016, 7:28 AM

PAY***

Apr 14, 2016, 7:29 AM

Re: PEOPLE WILL OAY UNTIL WINNING STOPS THEN UH OH***

Apr 14, 2016, 7:51 AM [ in reply to PEOPLE WILL OAY UNTIL WINNING STOPS THEN UH OH*** ]

I don't think it is the winning, as it is the effort to win. Right now, I don't think there is a team we are prepared to beat. We may lose, but not because we aren't ready. I can't say that about previous football teams. Baseball, same thing until the coaching change. Basketball for the most part is that way now. There will be a change soon, but not soon enough due to screw up in contract extension. We the perceived value of the product goes down the price falls, or attendance goes down. We perceived value goes up, costs go up.

I would rather pay 100 for a ticket to see a auburn, ga, nd etc that 10 to see a CITADEL GAME. NOT PUN INTENDED...right.

Apr 14, 2016, 9:04 AM

The stadium stays loud with or without students, but the student section is the driving force behind it all. I don't think it would be near as rowdy if you replaced that section with old fogies who sit on their hands all game long.

I wonder if the Paw at center court will be smaller after

Apr 14, 2016, 9:21 AM

the Littlejohn renovations are complete? The old one was a little too big IMHO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic