Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am finally dried off...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,075

I am finally dried off...

Oct 29, 2017, 9:03 AM

Great 1st half crowd. After the half...lots of people didnt come back. Must say tho...i was miserable feeling walking back to the car after the game. But it was fun!!! No one would have thought at the beginning of the year we would be 7-1 and our L was to Syracuse. Heres hoping for a top 4 playoff spot tuesday!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am finally dried off...

Oct 29, 2017, 9:45 AM

I can understand a 20 yr. old sitting there thinking "this is fun" in the rain but a 50 yr.old sitting in the rain when it's on tv is beyond my feeble understanding but to each his own. I know I'll be called a coot and not a true fan because of this but so be it. I call it common sense.I've been an IPTAY member and ticket holder for 40 yrs.

At first it was fun...

Oct 29, 2017, 9:59 AM

But after the gortex started failing in the 3rd quarter...it was grin and bear it.

Oct 29, 2017, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: I am finally dried off... ]

I sat through losing to the chicken####s 56-20 on a frosty day in Columbia. Sat through several GT games in Atlanta in years that the bees could not be bothered to play us home and home and it seemed like we could not beat them in a hundred years. Sat through the hundred year flood v. Notre Dame in 15. I am 64 and am older than my Dad ever got, and I can stand a little rain when Clemson still has a shot at a championship.

Oct 29, 2017, 8:35 PM

As I said if you think it's worth sitting out in the rain when it's not necessary more power to you. I think it's silly but your choice.

The defense dance was in part because many fans had left and

Oct 29, 2017, 10:41 PM

they needed to get some energy. Read the article...it matters to them and to me that makes it necessary.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2017, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I am finally dried off... ]

I'm over 50 and sat through the entire game and loved every minute of it. We only get 7 of these a year and I would rather sit through a rain storm at night than a September "nooner" in sunny 95 degree heat and humidity. If you prepare properly for the rain (Frogg Toggs and water proof shoes) then quite frankly the rain is a very minor annoyance. Sitting through 4 hours of rain to watch our Tigers dominate the bees is time well spent...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you joined IPTAY and started buying season tickets when

Oct 29, 2017, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I am finally dried off... ]

you were 10 years old?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at the ND Pour Out ...

Oct 29, 2017, 9:01 PM

Watching the GT game reminded me of ND game ... Good for you for staying until the end! ...

Some people I was going to ND with backed out ... fair weather fans indeed ! It felt like the entire crowd stayed until we rushed the field that night !! So happy to say I was there ... I’ll say it again .. I was THERE, man ! Lol

Carhart PVC rain suit + muck boots

Oct 29, 2017, 9:22 PM

Bought it after the Notre Dame game. Worked great. Made sure I didn’t have to pee.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notre Dame 2.0 it appeared

Oct 29, 2017, 9:22 PM

Great support of our Tigers ??

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,075
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic