Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am definitely not a Brownell supporter, but..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 2,254

I am definitely not a Brownell supporter, but..

Feb 25, 2017, 2:38 PM

that was not his fault. Reed had a great look. He just missed it. I wanted him to go with Reed. Our team played with heart against a way more talented team. If we want to blame CBB for anything we should blame him for not recruiting better, but not the coaching in this game. JMO

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am definitely not a Brownell supporter, but..

Feb 25, 2017, 2:39 PM

I agree entirely with this. I bump heads on Brownell from time to time, but realistically we arnt closing games and alot of that has to do with maturity and recruiting. Obviously we can hang with any team, but we are only 1-2 players away from being an amazing 20 plus win team. We need some recruits

Feb 25, 2017, 2:39 PM

we've tried Reed a couple times twice at the end. Weak efforts both times and he doesnt even get a shots off. not a good move

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had a great look and got a decent shot off. He missed.*****

Feb 25, 2017, 2:48 PM

Who else would hit it? Holmes if it's a set shot but we have no one but Reed who can create a shot

Feb 25, 2017, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I am definitely not a Brownell supporter, but.. ]

No one else can drive and create an open look.this will be a big negative for JB and the NBA. He can dribble much better than my 13 year old nephew.

Feb 25, 2017, 2:41 PM

Only stupid, uninformed malcontents would EVER blame Brownell, he's proven he's above reproach. Shame on people.

I have ragged on CBB a bunch, but not for this game.*****

Feb 25, 2017, 2:49 PM

Re: I have ragged on CBB a bunch, but not for this game.*****

Feb 25, 2017, 3:20 PM

so you would not put the ball in Jaron's hands? Go back to watching movies.

I would have put the ball in Reed's or Jaron's

Feb 25, 2017, 3:28 PM

hands. Reed would have been plan B. Somebody would have had to create something off the dribble to kick it Jaron first. They were all over Jaron, Einstein. That was probably drawn up too, but Reed took the shot. You really think Jaron was just sitting their as a spectator? That is funny.

Feb 25, 2017, 2:48 PM

I'm not a big basketball fan right now. Had a few good NBA watching years and played quite a bit so I "know the game" pretty well though.

I watch most of the first half and our team played great. IMO Brad was out coaching FSU's coach too. We need some better players.

#1 for FSU is a ####### stud. NBA is going to be drooling over him soon enough.

They have 3 or 4 NBA players on their roster. I agree****

Feb 25, 2017, 2:50 PM

We had to work HARD for everything, and they had a couple of

Feb 25, 2017, 2:59 PM

players that could just score anytime necessary. Then, we had our usual 2 or 5 just idiotic plays that cost us chances to score....

Feb 25, 2017, 2:51 PM

When a team does not know how to win in crunch time that is on the coach. Not just this one game is on him but the fact that every close game comes up as a L, that is on the leader.

We can agree to disagree. It can be talent as well.

Feb 25, 2017, 3:01 PM

Give us a Steph Curry like he was aat Davidson with the exact same coaching and you would be loving CBB

Re: We can agree to disagree. It can be talent as well.

Feb 25, 2017, 3:06 PM

A lot of teams could say this. This is where we have to evaluate if the recruiting is the issue or not.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It obviously is the issue.*****

Feb 25, 2017, 3:12 PM

Feb 25, 2017, 3:11 PM [ in reply to We can agree to disagree. It can be talent as well. ]

Re the great look---__Division I players don't miss shots from 10 feet by hitting underneath the front rim. It was a locust look and BTW you sure have one big m pouth! Before opening your mouth why don't you look at the replay and you just might learn something.

Pipe down moron. You're clueless. You're funny though*****

Feb 25, 2017, 3:13 PM

Feb 25, 2017, 3:18 PM [ in reply to We can agree to disagree. It can be talent as well. ]

I agree we need a DW on the basketball court. JB should have gotten the ball in the last 2 min though. I do not know for sure if that is all on BB or not they were guarding him pretty good.

Feb 25, 2017, 2:58 PM

Several simple comments:
1. not to get the ball in number 5's hands is beyond dumb
2. Anyone who thinks that Red had a "great Look" simply does s not understand the game at all. He gets the inbound pass, drives into our end and shows sign of driving to the basket until he is confronted by a defender at which point he stops dribbling with his right hand, shrifts to his left hand and spins some 180 degrees to his right and shoots an off balance shot. That is anything but an easy shot
3. With some 3 minutes left we led by one and tried a 3 point shot that was blocked. With the ball and the lead there is no way you shoot a 3 but rather either drive to the bucket or get the ball in Jaron's hands.

Looks to these eyers that then players do as they want and that is coaching. Can you imagine that occurring in football under Dabo!! It's do it my way or the highway!

Too bad but I suspect they'll keep Brads on because of the dollars so get use to the same thing next year.

Clearly you are clueless..

Feb 25, 2017, 3:04 PM

because Jason Capel who of course knows his Shyatt, unlike yourself, stated that Reed had a great look. Nice try though, bud. Thanks for trying. That was adorable. Hard to get a better shot than what he had..

Re: Clearly you are clueless..

Feb 25, 2017, 3:16 PM

by the way, did you not see the first item in my post our are you too stupid to read! There ball did not belong in Reeds' hands. Period. end of discussion. And furthermore, the commentators had one of the worst seats in the house to make the statement he made. The play was on the offside from him and like most of them he did not see what preceded the shot. Take a look at a replay and its clear that although he had a "clear look at the basket" the shot was anything but easy given what took place to get him the shot. Wake up

Bless your heart. Now scurry back to where you came from.

Feb 25, 2017, 3:18 PM

You are clueless.

Re: Bless your heart. Now scurry back to where you came from.

Feb 25, 2017, 3:24 PM

Thank you for listening. Now go buy a book on the basics of basketball and read it. Of course more talent would help but that isa not the issue this season where we've continually lost games by under 5 points or so. Have you ever coached ANYTHING? If not your comments are appreciated but not well founded. Have a nice day and live in your dream world!

Re: Bless your heart. Now scurry back to where you came from.

Feb 25, 2017, 3:42 PM

Good grief you're an idiot. Please don't sue me for saying that.

Feb 25, 2017, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I am definitely not a Brownell supporter, but.. ]

Yes he had to create something out of nothing. A great look is the play Cuse ran against us to win the game.

That is very true, but he did have a good look.

Feb 25, 2017, 3:23 PM

Yeah we can speculate that it was luck to be able to create a good look. It definitely didn't look like anything drawn up. I agree. That said, I am sure CBB had drawn up options for Reed. Reed liked his look, which isn't surprisiin knowing hoow Reed plays and likes to force the issue. He created a good look. He missed. Bottom line, we are debating that something that isn't important moving forward. What we agree on is that CBB can't recruit at the level needed.

Re: That is very true, but he did have a good look.

Feb 25, 2017, 3:38 PM

I think this team has the talent to play with just about anybody. I would like to see us recruit a better big man but I like our players so IDK if recruiting is the issure. We have a decent class coming in and we are never going to recruit like Duke, UNC, or Kentucky but the facilities will help. We need somebody to bring us a winning attitude. Weather it be recruiting that type of player or the coach. We just need to improve all around as a program.

Agreed - Reed just missed the shot, and it was a good look.

Feb 25, 2017, 3:05 PM

It is Brownell's job to get better players though, and I've always maintained that his inability to do so was his biggest downfall.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Exactly*****

Feb 25, 2017, 3:11 PM

I really do think BB is a good coach and this team has had

Feb 25, 2017, 3:41 PM

more tough, close losses than any Clemson team I can remember, but I think it's time for a change.

Blossomgame is gone after this year so I can't see the team making the tourney for at least the next couple of years.

Kind of like UGA with Richt, it's just time for us to make a change.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I really do think BB is a good coach and this team has had

Feb 25, 2017, 5:42 PM

lol pretty insulting to CMR. Maybe Tommy Bowden is a more appropriate comparison.

Feb 25, 2017, 3:59 PM

A "great look" really? A spinning fall away jumper is not a great look. And how about your best player at least be involved in the play somehow.

Feb 25, 2017, 4:12 PM

Daniel: You and I are the only ones who don 't think that a spinning fall away jumper is not a "great look"! If BB had the play designed to go to Reed very suspect given Reed's shooting in THIS game. Wow, there really are some on this site that need some education

Uhh...Duh

Feb 25, 2017, 6:01 PM

I am quite sure 98% of the Basketball fans are looking at this from a way
bigger picture than this Fla state loss. 1 game isn't going make or break
any coach around the country, especially not in basketball.
I think most people knew this was a easy way out hire to begin with; Hopefully
they'll do the work next time to bring someone in that can make this program
competitive.

Replies: 34
| visibility 2,254
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic