Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I already miss Paul Johnson on the GT sidelines
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

I already miss Paul Johnson on the GT sidelines

Jun 13, 2019, 10:55 PM

Those early years, when CLEMSON struggled against that option O that PJ ran, was so hard to endure. And then...Brent Venables showed up, and figured out how to defend that option. So in recent years, it looked so easy to beat GT, and other DC's followed CBV's patented defense to shut down PJ and the Rambling Wreck.

GT starts a new chapter, and it just won't be the same as it was with PJ trying to run the ball, cut-block everyone, etc. I'm not sure what to expect from the new coach, but it won't be the same without PJ's 'hang dawg' look on the sidelines.

But, I already feel sorry for the new guy. He has to play the defending National Champions in his first game. That's gotta keep him up at night. Better stock up on some popcorn.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I already miss Paul Johnson on the GT sidelines

Jun 13, 2019, 11:02 PM

He's in a can't lose situation in my opinion . There's the most likely scenario that follows that when we beat them badly everyone expected it and he's brand new to the job so it's no big deal .
There's a second scenario that says that
if they hang around and make a game out of it then the meter goes up with his fans and everyone around the CFB country will be saying what a good hire GT made .
There is no scenario where they're going to beat us . Some things that we just simply know aren't gonna happen .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

the only reason they looked so good was b/c STEELE

Jun 14, 2019, 4:49 AM

was a moron. He's lucky he got a job in the SEC where they face the same stupid and outdated offenses every week.

Iowa wrecked shop on those idiots after our defense let Spiller down in the ACCCG

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2019, 5:15 AM

Mind how you word that, sayings as that will start people to talking that it was BV's fault that PJ had to retire from college FB bc, BV showed everybody how to defeat the PJ'S design of championship option FB!!! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm glad Paul Johnson is gone

Jun 14, 2019, 6:57 AM

Because he was a top-grade d0uchebag and I will not shed any tears not hearing his name come up several times a year. Although I do admit I'll miss watching Venables completely beat his *ss every season. I have never seen such thorough domination of an opponent, year after year, whom nobody else in the country was ever able to figure out. I tremendously enjoyed seeing PJ get so frustrated when he played us.

Re: I'm glad Paul Johnson is gone

Jun 14, 2019, 7:59 AM

:) I think you expressed my sentiments about PJ better than I could. Well stated.

Jun 14, 2019, 8:23 AM

I wonder if scout team QB Jimmy Greenbeans will still show up to prepare the Tigers for an opponent?

Good riddance. Once Chan Gailey's recruits were out of the

Jun 14, 2019, 9:43 AM

system and it was all paul ball, they went downhill. You can't win consistently at the highest level just running the football. You must be balanced. And great players don't want to play in that system.

Hiring Paul Johnson was one of the dumbest moves by an athletic director in Atlantic Coast Conference history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic