Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I almost pity South Carolina fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 122
| visibility 51

I almost pity South Carolina fans

Dec 31, 2013, 12:42 PM

The last 2 years were their best shot to actually do something of note. Last season was especially promising with 2 of the best players to ever step foot in the slums of Columbia gracing the field at the same time (Lattimore and Clowney). They had an experienced and generally nasty defense and an offense with an experienced QB and enough weapons to allow Lattimore to carry them, and they couldn't get it done. They strutted in LSU, but the Ol' Ball Coach, the offensive genius, couldn't figure out how to score more than 21 points. Then to make matters worse, they didn't even show up in the next game, getting destroyed by a Florida team that only broke 40 points once last season, that being against the mighty Gamecocks defense. They ended "the season" "the season of hopes and dreams" "the season to right all the years of putrid football" by winning the Golden Bloomin Onion trophy at the Outback Bowl against a marginal Michigan team.

This season started with the Clowney hype turned up almost Tebowesque levels by ESPN. At one point I was almost convinced that other teams were simply going to refuse to play South Carolina because of safety concerns. Unfortunately for the Coots, Clowney was the player who didn't show up. He was too busy speeding around Columbia and dropping some serious coin at Ruths Chris. They couldn't stop Georgia, and they were almost out of the SEC race in the second week of the season, but then everything seemingly fell into place. Georgia stumbled, South Carolina kept winning, but then the Ol' Ball Coach forgot to show up against a scrappy but undermanned Tennessee program. They shook it off, went on a roll beat Clemson (again) but lost out to Missouri (MISSOURI!!!!) for a spot in the SEC championship game. Now they look forward to playing a meh Wisconsin team in the Capital One Bowl.

The depressing thing for a South Carolina fan is that the Lattimore and Clowney signings were almost a perfect storm. 2 transcendent players from South Carolina who actually liked the Gamecocks, or in Clowney's case, was located in prime South Carolina recruiting territory. That doesn't happen very often. Now they face a future of marginal recruiting against an SEC East that has a recovering Tennessee team dominating recruiting again, a Georgia team that always recruits well, a Kentucky team with Stoops that looks to actually be interested in winning football, and a Missouri team with an excellent coach, a Vandy squad that is interested in competing (if they can keep their coach) and a Florida team that, despite complete ineptitude, continues to do well in recruiting and is only in search of a coach with enough brain power to take a bunch of 4 and 5 start athletes and turn them into a competent football squad.

Yes friends, the future looks dismal for the Coots. They have an aging coach, a decrepit city, and have run out of 5* lottery tickets from South Carolina. So, I say, let them enjoy their little flare up. Spurrier is becoming less and less interested in recruiting and the SEC East is becoming less terrible. There will be a reckoning and a balancing of accounts, and it will be sooner rather than later.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I almost pity South Carolina fans

Dec 31, 2013, 12:43 PM

Is this the 5th year in a row that you've made this same post ..

Dec 31, 2013, 12:47 PM

What difference does it make?

Is this your 686th post of being an annoying p r i c k? Or do you really have nothing better to do at noon on New Years Even than to troll?

Pathetic.

Mikey should be headed down to see Mickie and Minnie.

Dec 31, 2013, 2:22 PM

More his speed. Wouldn't know how to act at a BCS game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I notice you didn't use the opportunity to refute

Dec 31, 2013, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I almost pity South Carolina fans ]

any of the more salient points he made in his post. All Clemson fans acknowledge usuck's 5 year streak and the OP's post partially explains it. Likewise, I don't think any rational fan will deny that beyond the Clemson victories, usuck's accomplishments during this--probably the apex of chicken football-- have little to show for all the 10 win seasons they accrued.

Who knows? Maybe the OP is right. Maybe ebb tide is about to hit usuck football as it seems the UFla and UTenn programs have bottomed out and will start their stroll back to their former winning ways

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

History is not on the coots side.

Dec 31, 2013, 2:23 PM

That's what they are afraid of and should be.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Tell 'em coot

Dec 31, 2013, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I almost pity South Carolina fans ]

smh

They have 5 wins over an ACC team though.

There's got to be a trophy for that.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: They have 5 wins over an ACC team though.

Dec 31, 2013, 12:54 PM

or at least a ring!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on, man. They've beaten us 5 straight. Just stop,

please.

Our board

Dec 31, 2013, 12:45 PM

we can talk if we want.

It's the chickens that come here that have the problem.

O.K. Fair enough. But just call me old school maybe, but I

Dec 31, 2013, 12:48 PM

don't get it talking about how bad things are for them when they just beat us for the fifth straight time. Sounds pretty weak to me.

The main reason I see that it happens is because

Dec 31, 2013, 12:52 PM

there are coot fans on here that keep thumping their chests over very few accomplishments...

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: The main reason I see that it happens is because

Dec 31, 2013, 12:55 PM

SO.. beating us 5 years in a row by double digits for an all time ever in the history of the two schools record not much of an accomplishment..

Nope

Dec 31, 2013, 12:57 PM

Would you consider the Charlie Whitehurst era the "GREATEST TIME IN CLEMSON FOOTBALL HISTORY?" I mean, we beat the Coots 4 years in a row and really had nothing to show for it either.

Nationally? No, not really. Does it suck for us

Dec 31, 2013, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: The main reason I see that it happens is because ]

Clemson fans? Yea sure. But y'all keep missing that we've done that to y'all numerous times before also.

And in the best years of your football program's HISTORY that's your biggest accomplishment.

And you also just proved my point with that arguement. Thanks

Exactly!

Dec 31, 2013, 1:07 PM

The greatest accomplishment of Scar's HISTORY is a 1969 ACC Championship and beating Clemson 5 times in a row. IN THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY

Well, they still have a chicken for a mascot

Dec 31, 2013, 12:53 PM [ in reply to O.K. Fair enough. But just call me old school maybe, but I ]

and no trophies.

This was their best chance EVER to win something, anything. But they've got nothing. Except 5 wins over us. I think it's funny.

Re: Well, they still have a chicken for a mascot

Dec 31, 2013, 12:56 PM

I find no humor in getting spanked by USuC 5 years in a row..it really pi*#es me off..

Things are getting much worse for them

Dec 31, 2013, 12:56 PM [ in reply to O.K. Fair enough. But just call me old school maybe, but I ]

Even their fans are starting to get nervous. They see recruiting taking a dip, they see the nice little northeastern pipeline busted up, they are trapped in terms of talent because they cast such a small net. South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina, and that's it. There aren't many South Carolina kids on the fence, so it's all a matter of what high school player shows up at what school. That leaves Georgia and North Carolina, and they are 4th in line in terms of Georgia (Georgia, Clemson, Florida, South Carolina) and third or forth in line in North Carolina (Clemson/Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina).

I choose not to dwell on the past. The Clemson talent pipeline is wide open, while the South Carolina pipeline is being reduced to a trickle. Things will return to normal, the balance will be restored.

Dec 31, 2013, 1:00 PM

Totally agree with OP! However, do you see the Tigers' chances of winning another ACC title any easier in the next few years? Louisville, Pitt, FSU? I'm not sure VT won't be better in a couple of years, as will Miami. I'm not so sure that the Tigers have an easier road to a division title than the Gamecocks, in the next four or five years.

Depends...how much coin is Texas offering Jimbo?

Dec 31, 2013, 1:05 PM

Sure would be nice to see FSU have to hit the head coach reset button. Also, there is 1 team in the ACC that is better than Clemson regardless of the new additions. I like our chances against FSU better than I like USC's chances against the SEC East.

Fisher signed an extension, doubt he's leaving soon

Dec 31, 2013, 1:15 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10221184/jimbo-fisher-signs-five-year-deal-florida-state-seminoles

Wow, how many contract extensions is the Texas job providing

Dec 31, 2013, 1:18 PM

Everyone decent coach in America should write Mack a thank you card for his ability to suck with 5 star players.

HA. Yea for real.

Dec 31, 2013, 1:19 PM

He's provided some good job security for Briles, Fisher, Saban...who else?

Not that those coaches didn't deserve it of course, Mack just made sure they got it faster

Also Briles and Sumlin got big extensions***

Dec 31, 2013, 2:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, how many contract extensions is the Texas job providing

Dec 31, 2013, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Wow, how many contract extensions is the Texas job providing ]

Ol' Mack is making every coach richer, except himself, LOL!

Tell 'em coot***

Dec 31, 2013, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I almost pity South Carolina fans ]

Dec 31, 2013, 1:07 PM

That was rather long but true. The big time once lifetime type recruits for USC are gone. They had the youngest team in div 1 by far with only 4 seniors. That sets them up pretty well for the future. However she those seniors are Connor shaw, legree the starting cb, then jrs clowney and quarles this team will be much different next yr

The biggest issue is so will Clemson you just don't take tajh or shaw away and not see a drop off. Any of you thinking a freshman can come in And do better than a senior like tajh are typical jokes of fans

Who knows what wi happen but both Sc teams will be vastly different after this bowl season

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot***

Dec 31, 2013, 1:14 PM

Winston > Manuel. Watson or Kelly > Boyd? we'll see.***

Dec 31, 2013, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I almost pity South Carolina fans ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 31, 2013, 1:14 PM

What an idiotic thread-why bash usuc since we can't compete against them in the last 5 years.

Because they keep coming on here

Dec 31, 2013, 1:16 PM

dirt-pecking their little hearts out so we need to remind them they aren't as good as they think.

It's more humerous than anything else imo

Dec 31, 2013, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I almost pity South Carolina fans ]

man crush ...pathetic

Dec 31, 2013, 3:53 PM

#### crush --- pathetic.

Re: Cool story. Thumbs Up on that one.

Dec 31, 2013, 1:16 PM

But have seen similar posts on here the past 3/4 years. I'm sure next year will bring the same.

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

Y'all not winning the East again? Yea you're probably right

Dec 31, 2013, 1:18 PM

Guess I can agree with a gamecock on something after all

When you start losing recruiting battles to Kentucky

Dec 31, 2013, 1:20 PM

things don't exactly look bright.

Re: About the same as losing one to Ole Miss.

Dec 31, 2013, 1:25 PM

In state boy wanted to play at the home state school. It happens.

You're funny

Dec 31, 2013, 1:28 PM

Whatever makes you feel better I guess. Glad you could beat out mighty UAB for the QB you signed this year. However, it looks like Cornell might get in the mix late, so you could still be in trouble.

Re: You're funny

Dec 31, 2013, 1:31 PM

We beat you with a 2/3 star (depending on the year and rating service) the past 3 years that no one else wanted as a QB. I think we'll be fine.

See, I'm talking about the overall viability of your program

Dec 31, 2013, 1:33 PM

You just keep coming back to Clemson. Shouldn't you have higher goals?

After having your brains beat in for years, would you?***

Dec 31, 2013, 1:34 PM

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess you're right***

Dec 31, 2013, 1:35 PM

Re: See, I'm living vicariously through other programs

Dec 31, 2013, 1:35 PM [ in reply to See, I'm talking about the overall viability of your program ]

FIFY.

Re: See, I'm living vicariously through other programs

Dec 31, 2013, 6:34 PM

Just so long as you admit it. SEC SEC SEC!

Dear Rogue

Dec 31, 2013, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Cool story. Thumbs Up on that one. ]

The SEC East is getting better, your coach is getting older, you only recruit 3 states now that your scam in the northeast was exposed, please dispute any of that.

Re: Dear Rogue

Dec 31, 2013, 1:27 PM

SEC East is getting better, you're right.

Our coach is getting older, you're right again....but he still a ###### good coach.

We are still recruiting the NE fine....lead for a couple of very good prospects for next years class.

USCheat will never win a sec football championship

Dec 31, 2013, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Cool story. Thumbs Up on that one. ]

The real sec teams appreciate your support in the bcs bowl games. I hope you were alive in 1969, 44 years ago.

Re: Maybe, maybe not.

Dec 31, 2013, 1:28 PM

And I was alive in 1969.

Never.

Dec 31, 2013, 1:37 PM

Glad you were alive for THE only one 44 years ago.

He does get to gaze at the Bronzed Onion

Dec 31, 2013, 1:38 PM

That is one heck of a center piece for the trophy case.

Didn't you lose a recruiting battle to SC State?

Dec 31, 2013, 1:22 PM

Or are we going to pretend there aren't a lot of factors involved in recruiting?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nope, kid didn't qualify

Dec 31, 2013, 1:22 PM

Same reason he didn't go to USC

Legitimately curious, who was this again?***

Dec 31, 2013, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Didn't you lose a recruiting battle to SC State? ]

Leamon

Dec 31, 2013, 1:30 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/update/recruiting/Javarius-Leamon-signs-SC-State-4558

I see facts are irrelevant to your argument drew.***

Dec 31, 2013, 1:25 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please, point out these facts kind sir***

Dec 31, 2013, 1:29 PM

Well......We're waiting.

Dec 31, 2013, 1:29 PM [ in reply to I see facts are irrelevant to your argument drew.*** ]

Are you going to supplement this, with some "facts"?

Re: Well......We're waiting.

Dec 31, 2013, 1:46 PM

I guess when you look at their accomplishments, finishing in the Top 10 three years in a row would be their best feat. They return 9 starters on offense and 6 on defense (counting Clowney/Quarles/Hampton). This past senior class won 41 games (42 w/bowl win) which is pretty impressive. Clemson's most winningest class won 40 ('90 class). As far as recruiting goes Latt was very good, but he missed a lot games, as he only played once vs the tigers. Carolina was able to win without him. Their staff may evaluate talent better than most. The past 2 years, they've had 13 players drafted which ranks them 5th in the country and yet this year they replaced that talent and finished in the top 10. Also, they upgraded their facilities and are on par with most in the SEC.

Lulz. Nobody's gonna refute any of that, with one exception.

Dec 31, 2013, 1:52 PM

No way your turd facilities are "on par" with "most" of the SEC.

They also have an excellent Gangland profile

Dec 31, 2013, 1:55 PM

Way ahead of Clemson in that facet of their program.

Re: Lulz. Nobody's gonna refute any of that, with one exception.

Dec 31, 2013, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Lulz. Nobody's gonna refute any of that, with one exception. ]

The post was about winning/recruiting...those are facts.

Exactly

Dec 31, 2013, 1:32 PM

leamon chose SC State over Clemson.

Because he couldn't get into Clemson

Dec 31, 2013, 1:34 PM

We were going to try and place him at Hargrave and he decided he didn't want to go.

How does this post only have 6 points?

Dec 31, 2013, 1:36 PM

I applaud your efforts drew, well done. With a post like this, I hereby give you the rest of the year off from making posts of epic proportions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Exactly, Leamon decided not to go to Clemson

Instead he chose SC State.

What do you not understand drew?

I always have this trouble with South Carolina fans

Dec 31, 2013, 1:39 PM

Well, and some Clemson fans to be honest. Let me ask you a question. Are you intentionally being stupid and attempting a terrible troll or are you just actually stupid?

Is this your first experience with this one?***

Dec 31, 2013, 1:41 PM

No, sadly, No

Dec 31, 2013, 1:43 PM

I just find depraved ignorance and stupidity troubling.

He's dense one.***

Dec 31, 2013, 1:43 PM

Why do you insist on glossing over the FACT

Dec 31, 2013, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Exactly, Leamon decided not to go to Clemson ]

that he didn't qualify?

Is that hard far you to fathom, since you qualified to attend cootU? And, ClownE did too?

What does all that say about Clemson?

I don't go out of my way to talk trash, but c'mon. How can Clemson fans sit here as a program and say SC's accomplishments aren't impressive? Where do you think Clemson stands on the college football totempole?

Well, we'll be playing a few days after you guys

Dec 31, 2013, 1:40 PM

That's usually a good thing, right?

Re: What does all that say about Clemson?

Dec 31, 2013, 1:44 PM [ in reply to What does all that say about Clemson? ]

Fair assessment but I wouldn't write them off just yet.

Dec 31, 2013, 1:41 PM

They have a great tactical and strategic coach. I'm not sure he really buys into the whole (star-based) recruiting ranking system either. I think his vision is a little more keen than that and he probably looks for good athletes that he can mold into great athletes.

I'm pointing out your faulty logic Drew

Dec 31, 2013, 1:44 PM

Leamon chose SC State over USC just as Barker chose Kentucky over South Carolina.

However, there were factors in play that made them make the decision. By choosing SC State, Leamon wasn't doing it because they are better than Clemson. The same Barker didn't pick UK because he thought UK was the better team.

They played you to within an eyelash, at your place.

Dec 31, 2013, 1:47 PM

How good do you think the coots are? And, how much difference do you perceive between the coots and Kensucky?

Ok, you answered my question above

Dec 31, 2013, 1:50 PM [ in reply to I'm pointing out your faulty logic Drew ]

You are viably stupid.

Re: Ok, you answered my question above

Dec 31, 2013, 2:08 PM

> You are viably stupid.

I think the word you were valiantly searching for was "verifiably."

No, I was going for viably

Dec 31, 2013, 2:12 PM

I was saying that he is being successfully stupid.

And you, coot, are lost! This is T I G E R territory!!!***

Dec 31, 2013, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok, you answered my question above ]

Leamon chose SC State over Clemson*****

Dec 31, 2013, 1:45 PM

HE DID NOT QUALIFY***

Dec 31, 2013, 1:48 PM

Re: Leamon chose SC State over Clemson*****

Dec 31, 2013, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Leamon chose SC State over Clemson***** ]

Did you bother to read any of the article, other than the title when saying that he chose SC State over Clemson. He could not get into Clemson you big dummy..Read the entire 2 paragraphs. I know that would count as a entire Lit Class at USUC so I will work on getting you a few hours of credit after doing it..May through the African American Studies program that the Lindsey twins graduated from? Did Derek Watson choose S.C. State over USUC too?

Coots don't know what it's like to deny players

Dec 31, 2013, 1:54 PM

because of academics

Blueridge

Dec 31, 2013, 1:49 PM

Kentucky challenged us more than Clemson did. Do you think UK is better than Clemson?

I certainly don't.

Six turnovers. SIX!

Dec 31, 2013, 1:56 PM

You parlayed that into a 14 point beatdown. 14 points.

Turnovers, unfortunately for the tigers, are a part of the game. I'm in the camp that hated the trick pass, on the first drive. We don't turn it over there and continue to shove it down the coots throat, the tigers win that game, going away.

Dec 31, 2013, 1:53 PM

Sweet story

Surprised you could read it

Dec 31, 2013, 1:54 PM

Must have made it through the honors college at USC.

Fret tiger

Dec 31, 2013, 1:55 PM

1. The clearinghouse doesn't clear you in February so we have no way to be certain he wouldn't have qualified.

2. Lawson, Priester, and Tankersley didn't qualify for clemson either, but they're currently enrolled or about to be enrolled. Why couldn't Leamon have done the same?

He didn't want to go to Hargrave

Dec 31, 2013, 1:57 PM

Some kids don't want to, or can't handle the discipline of a year of football at military school.

Here is an interesting, and possibly mind blowing question for you. How did a 4* OT from the state of South Carolina not end up at South Carolina either?

Hey..they did Beat 2 Top 10 Tiger Teams, so give it up! ***

Dec 31, 2013, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Fret tiger ]

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As I suspected drew

Dec 31, 2013, 1:56 PM

You would rather be illogical than admit you were wrong.

Quick Question

Dec 31, 2013, 2:01 PM

Did you attend USC?

Yes, I graduated from USC.***

Dec 31, 2013, 2:02 PM

Ok, I thought so

Dec 31, 2013, 2:05 PM

Now, did you receive grades, or were you on the smiley face/frowny face program? Based on your posts, I'm going with the latter. How many frowny faces until they put you on probation?

Drew, so snide remarks make you feel better

Dec 31, 2013, 2:07 PM

About being wrong?

No, I've given up trying to explain things to you

Dec 31, 2013, 2:11 PM

This isn't USC you don't get a sticker for trying to understand, you get made fun of for being stupid.

Do any of you know how recruiting rankings work?

Dec 31, 2013, 2:12 PM

I see a lot of Clemson fans thinking SC recruiting is down. However, the past 5 years SC has had lower rated classes than Clemson with the exception of 2009 I believe. Rivals considers the top20 players and that's it. If you want to look at stars, SC's class has a very good class this year.

I think the most glaring changes to be made with your

Dec 31, 2013, 2:32 PM

team is I don't see a Clowney-esque player to take his place. Isn't his backup like 6' 2" 230 lbs or something like that? Davis will continue to produce for you guys...he's a great back. The only thing is, Shaw opened up a lot for Davis because he was essentially another RB himself. Who will be 'the Shaw' in your system next year? Thompson does not look like a true dual threat QB...it looks like he'll have to rely more heavily on his arm (he seems to be a capable passer). And who will his WR be? I honestly am not sure about your WR situation...I haven't been keeping track with yalls recruiting too closely...

They hope Roland makes it through the offseason

Dec 31, 2013, 2:36 PM

Ellington is poking around the NFL right now, so he might be gone. They will be O.K. at WR, but if they have to count on them to win games for them, they will be in trouble.

Re: I think the most glaring changes to be made with your

Dec 31, 2013, 2:56 PM [ in reply to I think the most glaring changes to be made with your ]

Can't replace a Clowney-type player. We have good depth in the interior DL, will be young at DE. Jhaustin Thomas may end up winning one of the DE positions. Dixon seemed to be more effective than Sutton this year. English will need to put on weight. Quarles will be replaced by either Dukes, Griffin or Lamin. LB should be better based on experience. Question marks at CB. Safety's will be the same and should be fine...better at FS with more experience.

OL should be much better than this year. Replacing all that Shaw did on the field will be difficult as will replacing his leadership. His replacement will either be Thompson or Mitch. RB and WR should be the same. Don't think we lose Ellington, but he can be replaced. We have a good rotation at WR, just need a tall one to step up. TE will be the same as this year, just need to use them more IMO.

Biggest issues are replacing Clowney, Shaw and CBs.

**SC has a very good

Dec 31, 2013, 2:14 PM

class this year.

I can give USuCk credit for capitalizing on Clemson's

Dec 31, 2013, 2:27 PM

mistakes this previous game. 5 in a row is pretty impressive, good job (golf clap). But what do you gamecocks really think of Drew's outlook on the future of your program...all bias aside? Do you think your recruiting is on par with the past several years? Do you see your team getting better, staying the same, a marginal drop? Just curious.

If I were to look at Clemson, I say we (potentially) take a small step backwards at the beginning of next year. With the most obvious missing cog being Tajh. However, I don't doubt any of our backups. Stoudt has NFL in his blood and has played very well when inserted into the game. Kelly is a highly rated QB who was recruited specifically for our system as a dual threat. We'll miss Sammy, but we've got some VERY talented WR coming in. Not too worried about this area here.

Our RB situation should be much improved with Gallman and Dye in our backfield (4 star) and Brooks with his athletic ability. I expect this area to have a big turn around next season, not that it was terrible this past season...I just expect it to be greatly improved.

Our Oline will have some talent with Battle continuing to be promising and Crowder coming on to the scene. I look for our Oline to improve slightly. D line should be just as strong with a Bowers-esque Lawson coming in if Beasley decides to leave. Our DT are very stout...can't wait to see Pagano show everyone his mean streak.

The only area that continues to be of concern to me is DB. If we hold onto our 5 star DB Alexander, just he alone should help shut down a good portion of the field. He was said to be the only DB to hold Sammy Watkins in check in high school.

So I say by the end of next year as our team builds some cohesiveness, I think we have a great shot at competing for an ACC title, and for sure, beating the coots on our home turf.

We'll be better next year than this year.***

Dec 31, 2013, 2:30 PM

History is not on the coots side

Dec 31, 2013, 2:40 PM

is such a lazy assessment. If that was true, Clemson would go back to being a .590 program.

South Carolina does not do well in a good SEC east

Dec 31, 2013, 2:48 PM

They (you) have benefitted from a historically weak SEC east. This trend is turning around. Tennessee has a coach now and they are recruiting in the top 5 again. Florida is putrid, but after next season, they admit the mistake and can Muschamp. They have the talent to rebound immediately. You will soon be back to fighting it out with Kentucky and Vandy for the 4th (3rd if U.F. keeps Muschamp) spot in the SEC east.

Re: Most people don't care about the coot regardless of

Dec 31, 2013, 2:52 PM

what conference they play in.

Talk Tiger, the problem with your post and

Dec 31, 2013, 3:33 PM

Drew's post is that you're assuming worst case scenario for USC and best case scenario for Clemson.

Drew implies the only reason we have won games is because of Clowney and Lattimore. That just isn't true. We've had solid players all over.

Mackensie Alexander, Dye and Gallman couldn't even get on the field this year. What makes you so certain they are going to be stars next year?

Recruiting stars are fun to look at, but you have to prove it on the next level.

Well, Classof09

Dec 31, 2013, 3:47 PM

2 of the 3 players you mentioned missed the season with injury and Gallman was always going to be a redshirt...so...there is that.

If I ask who were your impact players this year, there's no

Dec 31, 2013, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Talk Tiger, the problem with your post and ]

debating that Shaw was probably numero uno, along with Davis, Ellington, and even Clowney at times. Fact is, I think Shaw brought something to your program that was very integral in making opposing defenses look like Swiss cheese. He's gone...that's big no matter what shade of glasses you're wearing.

Do I think Tajh is a tremendous loss for us? Potentially. But truth be told, Tajh has set many records due to the style offense we play and the fact that he has to play a RB role as well. This led to all kinds of record setting stats for the guy and makes many people quick to label him the best QB ever. He has done a great job here at Clemson no doubt but I'm not ready to call Tajh the best ever, because there is a chance our backups can have just as much success in this style offense as Tajh. As it stands right now, Tajh will be some big shoes to fill, but I think Chad Kelly was BUILT for this offense and will play a similar role that Shaw played at Carolina.

Perhaps I am thinking the best for Clemson and worst for Carolina but I've seen Dylan Thompson against teams like Mizzou and he couldn't get the job done. I've seen our backup Stoudt get thrown into the action and perform very well (thinking last season when Tajh got injured). QB play is perhaps the most important position on the field, and fact is, I think we're in better shape in that position than you guys...time will tell though.

Correction: Best Clemson QB ever...***

Dec 31, 2013, 5:49 PM

TRU DAT!!!!! Go Tiger! Crawl back in your hole, coots.***

Dec 31, 2013, 3:49 PM

And?

Dec 31, 2013, 4:02 PM

You're telling me two guys coming off season ending injuries and a guy who wasn't better than the guys ahead of him are guaranteed to be stars?

You try to imply that recruiting doesn't matter

Dec 31, 2013, 4:36 PM

Then you say guys like Alexander (groin surgery) and Dye (back surgery) couldn't even make it on the field even though they were both injured and both would have played if healthy.

I'm also searching the thread. Looking for any place where I said Alexander, Dye and Gallman are going to be "guaranteed stars".

You are all over the place, and have done nothing to convince anyone that the sound of your mouth breathing doesn't keep your neighbors up at night.

Scar would point a finger right back at Clemson and say...

Dec 31, 2013, 4:08 PM

...the following...

1. Clemson is getting boat raced by FSU on the field and on the recruiting trail which means no Atlantic Division title in the near future.

2. The players that lead Clemson to the best 3 years in program history are all gone.

3. Clemson's OC (and best coach) will probably leave soon leaving Jeff Scott to run the offense (yikes!)

4. Clemson has serious issues on the offensive line...these issues have not been addressed in recruiting.

5. SCAR's athletic department brings in about $20,000,000 a year than Clemson's and the gap is increasing.

6. FSU and Scar's strength and conditioning program are light years ahead of Clemson.

and last but not least....

7. Dabo Swinney is still the head football coach at Clemson University.

Right on

Dec 31, 2013, 4:11 PM

Sick of all the SC talk, but you hit the nail on the head

PLEASE, just shut up until we beat them......***

Dec 31, 2013, 4:26 PM

I'm sorry, I refuse to stare at the ground

Dec 31, 2013, 4:38 PM

I did so for the first 2 months, but you know, I've taken enough abuse from Coot fans, and I'm tired of being gracious.

I guess the only thing worse would be.....

Dec 31, 2013, 4:46 PM

well, you know

losing to the program you just described.

PS How long does it take for a "little flare up" to become a trend worthy of attention?

It depends

Dec 31, 2013, 4:48 PM

How long has it burned when you pee? You should probably get that checked out.

I don't wear depends.......yet but I might need them when I

Dec 31, 2013, 6:22 PM

become an old coot.

;) :-O

Happy New Year Drew

Replies: 122
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic