Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I agree with Dabo. Clemson should play UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,823

I agree with Dabo. Clemson should play UGA

Apr 10, 2019, 8:44 PM

every year. When we did in the 70's and 80's thery were Clemson's biggest rival. Sorry Little Birds but true. Go Tigers!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with Dabo. Clemson should play UGA

Apr 10, 2019, 8:48 PM

And I agree with you.

Those years playing each other, and actually playing like rivals, is what made them great teams. Iron sharpens iron

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2019, 8:58 PM

With only 70 miles separating Clemson and UGA, UGA is closer to Clemson than any other ACC school and Clemson is closer to UGA than any other SEC school.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

playin and beating uga

Apr 10, 2019, 9:14 PM

every year helps possibly keep uga out of playoff picture.
this helps with ga hs recruits. kirby can negative recruit us all day bc he doesnt have to play us.

Important. Agreed!

Apr 10, 2019, 9:17 PM

We do recruit heavy in Georgia! But, b/c of the brand Coach Swinney and company have built, we cross other borders as well! But, you always want to get those areas closest to home first.
Georgia will "choke itself out" before long with all the arrest. Players being harrassed, etc. Why would you suggest your kid play there?
Let's say GT manages to get a formidable program going post-pawl Johnson. Georgia would then have to compete with a recent national power in Clemson and GT - which is in the heart of Atlanta! A good school, etc.
Who wants to be in Athens, Georgia? Especially when you can be in the beautiful upstate of South Carolina!
All the pressure is on the puppies to try and keep up. They are getting great recruiting classes after great recruiting class. But, it's only because Clemson likely refused to offer some of those kids they picked up! INstead taking a 3 star the coaches feel is way underrated over that player; "AND WINNING WITH THEM"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Important. Agreed!

Apr 11, 2019, 11:15 AM

No argument here about the brand Dabo has built at Clemson. They are on top of the college football world and it looks to be built to last. There are teams UGA will have to compete with for top recruits; Florida, TN, Auburn, Bama, Clemson but GA Tech won't be one of them. Given your question about Athens, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you've never been there. Before you throw Clemson in my face, yes, I've been there and yes, it's a beautiful place with a great vibe but so is Athens.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2019, 10:18 PM

Every year is too much. It would severely limit our ability to schedule diverse opponents. Plus it would hurt the ego of the SEC too much if we beat both division champs every year.

Apr 10, 2019, 10:27 PM

I don't. Dawgs are worse than Coots.

David Treadwell says hello from 1986 and 1987.

Apr 10, 2019, 10:29 PM

David Treadwell says hello from 1986 and 1987.

Message was edited by: tigernation2000

Nope..

Apr 11, 2019, 10:56 AM

Clemson is stuck playing scar.

CLEMSON doesnt get to beat some of the acc teams but every 10 years or so..

Why should beating UGA trump beating those schools?

I don't like watching clemson beat the same teams every year, dunno why any1 would.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,823
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic