Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA update. Pretty interesting regarding their secondary.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 77
| visibility 1

UGA update. Pretty interesting regarding their secondary.

Aug 20, 2014, 8:47 PM

After the practice, Richt was handed microphone. He thanked the students for coming out and encouraged them to come early and be rowdy for the Aug. 30 season opener against Clemson. "Let's give Clemson the same kind of welcome they gave last year," he said, referring to last year's 38-35 loss at raucous Memorial Stadium. Then they watched a highlight video on the jumbo-tron.

Here's a little more detailed review of the football what I saw at Sanford Stadium last night:

The obvious news of the day was Georgia's defensive personnel and the makeup of the secondary in particular. As I detailed in yesterday's report, the Bulldogs' had three rookies and a walk-on in their starting lineup.

Aaron Davis, a redshirt freshman walkon from Locust Grove, lined up at free safety with the No. 1 defense. Davis has been one of Georgia's big stories for 2014 and is not your ordinary walkon. He exited spring practice as the starter at boundary corner, moved to safety early in preseason camp and presently is a starter there.

Shattle Fenteng was the starter at the boundary corner. This is less of a surprise. Fenteng, a graduate of Grayson High School, was rated the No. 1 cornerback in junior college when he was at Hutchinson Community College last year. There was some question if he was going to come through when he was sidelined for a week with a shoulder injury the second week of camp. But the 6-foot-2, 187-pound athlete appears to have rebounded nicely and certainly looks the part of an SEC cornerback.

The big surprise, certainly for me, was the presence of Dominick Sanders as the starter at the "Star," or nickelback, position. Sanders was probably the least heralded of Georgia's four defensive back signees. He came from Tucker as a 3-star prospect and was actually rated the 73rd-best recruit in the state of Georgia by 247Sports.com. But the buzz about this 6-foot, 187-pound athlete began back in the summer and has continued throughout camp. Interestingly, he has emerged at a position that at one time appeared to be locked down by converted tailback J.J. Green. Green's now working at second-team safety, while also getting some work at Star.

To no one's surprise, seniors Damian Swann and Corey Moore hold down the other two secondary positions. Freshmen Rico Johnson and Malkom Parrish were working with the second-string defense at cornerback and appear slated for playing time. In fact, Johnson, a converted wideout, had a pick-six late in the practice.

Sophomore Leonard Floyd was one of very few players in a green non-contact jersey but still participated in most of the practice. Normally the starting outside linebacker opposite ofJordan Jenkins, Floyd was instead replaced on the No. 1 defense by the Lorenzo Carter. Carter is, of course, the 6-6, 237-pound 5-star signee out of Norcross. Floyd's backup this season was expected to be Davin Bellamy and may still be. But Bellamy will miss the first two games due to a suspension for a DUI arrest this summer. However, Richt said, "either way Lorenzo is going to play. He's had a good camp."

The defensive line situation was kind of hard to figure. I hardly ever saw the Bulldogs line up in a traditional three- or four-man front, with a nose, tackle and end. Sometimes Jenkins was in a stance at an end position and often an end like Sterling Bailey or Josh Dawson was lineup inside as a 3-technique tackle. The one consistency I saw was senior Mike Thorntonwas almost always the nose with the No. 1 defense and looked very quick and effective in that role. Big John Atkins also stood out and even came up with an interception off a batted pass at one point. This is going to be a very interesting group to watch under Tracy Rocker'stutelage.

Offensively, I didn't think there were that many revelations. Richt talked afterward out the offensive line still being unsettled, but it appeared pretty settled to me. Junior John Theuswas entrenched at left tackle with the No. 1 unit, with sophomore Brandon Kublanow at left guard, David Andrews at center, Greg Pyke at right guard and Kolton Houston at right tackle. Your main subs appeared to be Watts Dantzler at right tackle and Mark Beard at left tackle, with Houston moving over to left guard. To me, Houston at left guard and Dantzler at right tackle looks like a more formidable SEC line. But you can be certain coach Will Friend is going to put the best five on the field.

Yesterday at least, Quayvon Hicks was the starter at tight end, with Jay Rome running second team and freshmen Jeb Blazevich and Jordan Davis switching in and out after that. Richt made it clear that the Bulldogs have been very pleased with what Hicks, a converted fullback, is bringing to that position as well as the hybrid H-back role they've built for him. He also emphasized that Rome is "fighting for playing time."

Who the No. 2 quarterback is remains unresolved, based on what I saw. Redshirt sophomore Faton Bauta and redshirt freshman Brice Ramsey were fully alternating reps with the Nos. 2 and 3 offenses and I saw nothing to distinguish one as better than the other. It'll probably come as no surprise to know that Ramsey throws a very impressive ball, while Bauta looks like he could be a real threat to run the ball.

I'll also say this: Don't sleep on Hutson Mason's ability to move with the ball in his hands. He looks more comfortable and confident in the pocket and showed some genuine elusiveness, I thought.

Based on what I saw, Georgia plans to play all those tailbacks. Todd Gurley, Keith Marshall, Brendan Douglas, Sony Michel and Nick Chubb ? in that order ? all got carries with the Nos. 1 and 2 offenses. How that might translate to an in-game rotation, I couldn't tell you and I'm not sure the coaches could either, at this point. I'm telling you, Michel and Chubb both look really good when it comes to quickness and vision. I can't vouch for their grasp of the playbook, but they flat out look good carrying a football.

Marshall looks really good, too, like his old self. He is somebody I've requested to talk to the entire preseason. But I'm told he simply doesn't want to do any interviews as he prepares for the season just eight months after major knee surgery and I respect that. Maybe he won't have a choice but to talk after having a huge day against Clemson.

It was evident that kicker Marshall Morgan has improved a lot on kickoffs. He was sending every one I saw high and seven or eight yards deep in the end zone. He's also had a great camp on placement kicks. He was 9-for-9 in Friday night's scrimmage, with another plus-50 field goal. Looks to be quite the weapon for the Dogs this year.

I was not very impressed with Collin Barber's punting Tuesday, or Adam Erickson, for that matter. Barber had regained his starting job from Erickson after losing it the last half of this past season. But it looks to me like he still has some kinks to work out.

Freshman Isaiah McKenzie was the first up on kickoff returns but second on punt returns behind sophomore Reggie Davis. Even though the Bulldogs weren't tackling live on special teams, you could see the electricity everybody refers to when the little guy from Fort Lauderdale starts up the field. He's going to be a fun one to watch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One would think our offensive scheme should light it up

Aug 20, 2014, 8:50 PM

against all those freshman/rookie starters.

Of course, Stoudt is somewhat a rookie himself, but with our passing scheme and eye candy, we may be able to expose those guys.

Re: One would think our offensive scheme should light it up

Aug 20, 2014, 8:56 PM

Pruitt's boys certainly looked lost in the opening quarter of the National Championship.

Aug 20, 2014, 9:12 PM

Sounds like uga is a work in progress glad we see them early.

Aug 20, 2014, 11:11 PM

I am not going to put anything past pruitt's ability call a game against a new QB in a hostile environment. He will mix things up with his Dline and their alignments and try to confuse our Oline. My biggest worry is if they can rattle Cole early and get in his head. Hopefully Morris learned his lesson against FSU last year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2014, 8:08 AM

Hey Tigerbalm1 , i kind of agree with you, but at the same time Cole might get going against our defense. Some here think that Cole is just gonna come into Sanford and be Joe Montana and all I'm saying is that he will have a harder time than they think. From what I've kinda read is he is more of a pocket passer am i correct?

There is no room for a pocket passer in our offense

Aug 21, 2014, 12:38 PM

He'll be expected to do a lot more than drop back, otherwise he wouldn't be the starter.

He's got some wheels, but we haven't been able to seen him run much yet. I got the sense that Morris didn't want to put his backup in harm's way too often. Stoudt was also much lighter until he got that food allergy figured out and started putting on a ton of weight.

Auburn knew the FSU signals. Once they fixed that, the game

Aug 21, 2014, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: One would think our offensive scheme should light it up ]

changed dramatically.

Re: Auburn knew the FSU signals. Once they fixed that, the game

Aug 21, 2014, 12:18 AM

They didn't know their defensive signals too did they?

Aug 20, 2014, 9:24 PM [ in reply to One would think our offensive scheme should light it up ]

Its going to be a tough battle but I believe Clemson will win

What is an SEC line or SEC cornerback?

Aug 20, 2014, 9:15 PM

Are they new positions?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is an SEC line or SEC cornerback?

Aug 20, 2014, 10:30 PM

Jamies said the Publix security guard had SEC speed. Anyone else paid attention to the sec network logo? "SEC ESPN NETWORK ". Yes it's in that order. They don't even try to hide it.

From what I can tell

Aug 21, 2014, 6:02 PM [ in reply to What is an SEC line or SEC cornerback? ]

the difference between a SEC player and say an ACC player is the SEC player has better drama skills so that they are more believable when they fake an injury when they face a HUNH offense.

Re: UGA update. Pretty interesting regarding their secondary.

Aug 20, 2014, 9:21 PM

good post +1

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait! ... a converted FB is keeping Jay Rome on the bench?

Aug 20, 2014, 9:33 PM

Isn't this Rome's junior season. Seriously ... What's up with that?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wait! ... a converted FB is keeping Jay Rome on the bench?

Aug 20, 2014, 9:59 PM

Rome has a lingering foot injury holding him back. Hurt it midway through last year, and had surgery. Hasn't been right since.

Re: Wait! ... a converted FB is keeping Jay Rome on the bench?

Aug 20, 2014, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Wait! ... a converted FB is keeping Jay Rome on the bench? ]

He is not his Dad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA update. Pretty interesting regarding their secondary.

Aug 20, 2014, 9:43 PM

Their defense is definitely questionable. It may suck and it may be lights out. No real way of knowing at this point.

I agree. They will have to prove they are way better

Aug 20, 2014, 10:02 PM

than last year for me to believe it. I think we will move the ball at will.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree. They will have to prove they are way better

Aug 20, 2014, 10:44 PM

With a first time starter or starters at qb,runningback,wr and cb I don't see it. And your qb while playing his first start in an opponents stadium.

Aug 20, 2014, 10:54 PM

Your revamped OL vs our DL. We won't have a single first time starter at WR. You couldn't stop and unknown at RB last year. I would rather know nothing about our QB than know he looked pedestrian against GT and Nebraska.

Aug 20, 2014, 11:00 PM

Ours never has looked pedestrian. Cole has delivered the goods every time he has entered the game. I hope they think we are easy pickings.

Aug 21, 2014, 7:58 AM

Yeah because Cole has only come in mop-up duty and against the weaker teams. You do realize that starting and mop-up duty you practice and you have to have a different mindset right?

Aug 21, 2014, 11:44 AM

"Mop duty" vs Fl State's second string is honestly not exactly against bad players at the level they recruit at...and he made a TD against them.

Aug 21, 2014, 11:57 AM

But how do you know that their second string was great in all of the positions? And if he had to play the rest of the game how would he have done? I think Pruitt would have made adjustments to coral him in.

Their second string is certainly better than that GT team

Aug 21, 2014, 12:40 PM

That almost beat you.

GT isn't a weaker team? Come on, now.

Aug 21, 2014, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree. They will have to prove they are way better ]

We absolutely dismantled them last year. What was your problem?

Re: GT isn't a weaker team? Come on, now.

Aug 21, 2014, 1:56 PM

Well let's see, Clemson had all their play makers playing and Georgia was a shell of a team on offense! Lost qb, 70% Gurley, no Marshall, wr's banged up.

Aug 20, 2014, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree. They will have to prove they are way better ]

What about Kitt and Priester, I'm going by what another poster posted in another post. And your revamped OL vs our DL, it goes both ways. First half against Gt I will give you but he lead the team back in the second half, in the bowl game he threw for 320 yards,so how do you get pedestrian out of that?

Aug 20, 2014, 11:35 PM

They'll be in rotation, but obviously, the WR's mainly out there will be Peake, Humphries, Hopper and the main frosh's will likely be Artavis Scott and Trevion Thompson.

Aug 20, 2014, 11:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree. They will have to prove they are way better ]

Williams, Humphries, Peake will start. He needs to thank Gurley for that inflated statistic in the bowl game. 53% passing. 5 for 101 yards to WRs. Half of that came when a corner slipped at the LOS in the wet sand. 4 drives settling for FGs in the first half indicate inability to produce in the red zone. Pedestrian.

Aug 21, 2014, 9:57 AM

it's no wonder we lost that game after the year we had with injuries and the failings of the defense....the dawgs just weren't interested.....playing with a "let's get this over with" attitude. However let's not forget that the game ended with GA knocking on the door to win. t The game was also played in the rain. nevertheless, that team no longer exists anyway. boy, you're in for a big surprise.

What's with this kind of SEC excuses? LSU was same story

Aug 21, 2014, 12:42 PM

I guess they do it in the Big 10, too.

Aug 22, 2014, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Re: I agree. They will have to prove they are way better ]

you're a bigger idiot than most uga fans I know

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Revamped edge of line, not the entire line

Aug 21, 2014, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree. They will have to prove they are way better ]

I have little concern for the middle three. The edges can be helped out with our TE studs.

Aug 20, 2014, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree. They will have to prove they are way better ]

We might as well just stay at home them. Your guys better buckle their jock straps and work on their injury fakes. This will be a long game. Maybe we get beat. Maybe you will, but it will be a war your guys will be glad is over in the end.

Aug 20, 2014, 11:30 PM

And so will Clemson!

Aug 21, 2014, 7:58 AM

We may get beat, but I doubt you see us faking injuries because we are tired.

Aug 20, 2014, 11:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree. They will have to prove they are way better ]

Yall will probably have some starters in jail by game time.
You could sell the "Bad and Busted" instead of programs at the game and still have most of the teams picture in the book.

Aug 20, 2014, 11:32 PM

Dude you have more suspended than we do!

Aug 21, 2014, 12:26 AM

More suspended and less convicted of felonies...weird how that works

Aug 21, 2014, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: I agree. They will have to prove they are way better ]

Please! You don't want to compare transgressions that bring about suspensions at Clemson to what it takes in Athens. You don't want to go there.

Aug 21, 2014, 8:18 AM

All I'm saying is that Clemson has more players missing the game than Georgia. Where in my post did i mention Clemson had more arrests than Georgia?

Aug 21, 2014, 9:34 AM

I took it as an implication, but if that wasn't your intent, sorry for the jump. Sadly we had some players who disobeyed team rules. At Clemson that brings about harsh consequences. A couple of these guys are GA boys who I know hate they won't be on the field, but they know the team rules and expectations, and none of them have disputed the punishment Dabo gave them.

Aug 21, 2014, 1:49 PM

Sorry dugatiger, i went back and read my post and that was on me. I should have clarified my post!

Dabo is even more strict than Richt

Aug 21, 2014, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree. They will have to prove they are way better ]

Of course we're going to have some suspensions. Dabo builds men. Look at the APR and overall team academics. If you screw around academically or otherwise, your butt is on the bench.

Re: Dabo is even more strict than Richt

Aug 21, 2014, 1:40 PM

Or you are suspended from a game/s. I believe that is what these suspensions for the ugay game were for.

Aug 22, 2014, 12:47 AM [ in reply to Re: I agree. They will have to prove they are way better ]

you are definitely backwoods. that's apparent

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Aug 22, 2014, 8:01 AM

Boy you really told me didn't you!

too bad we won't see Chubb and Peters on the same field***

Aug 20, 2014, 10:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Leonard Floyd actually hurt?

Aug 20, 2014, 11:01 PM

Or just practicing in a green jersey to get more into character for his upcoming acting gig?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CGkWrBTbKI

Re: Is Leonard Floyd actually hurt?

Aug 20, 2014, 11:08 PM

" the 6'2" , 187 lb athlete certainly looks the part of an SEC cornerback ."
Does anyone outside of the Coots conference have a kid at cornerback with these measurables ?
Sad how some sheep follow the scent of the lead sheep ...and its not his wooly butt they are sniffing if you dig my metaphorocity .

DB23

That sounds like a frail beanpole

Aug 21, 2014, 12:45 PM

Is this what the SEC runs at cornerback these days?

Aug 20, 2014, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Is Leonard Floyd actually hurt? ]

I read a post on another site that mentioned him being in a green jersey but didn't say why,Stoudt will see plenty of his character!

Aug 21, 2014, 12:22 AM

You realize his "character" is the one who rolls around on the ground faking injuries because his SEC speed can't keep up with Clemson tempo right? I guess we actually agree on this though, I am sure Stoudt will see plenty of that in the 4th quarter...stupid mutt

Aug 21, 2014, 8:14 AM

And you do realize after the 2012 season Grantham had all of the defense gain 15 to 30 lbs right? So in turn that put them slower and out of shape! But don't let that stop you from acting classless.

Aug 21, 2014, 9:16 AM

Please explain how that will help get that SEC speed y'all
imagine you have. As for as acting classless don't you mean
Y'all's defense taking acting classes to make it less obvious when faking injuries.

Aug 21, 2014, 10:05 AM

imagine this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DhkdDl41WU

I wonder why he didn't do that again after that?

Aug 21, 2014, 10:34 AM

It might've led to y'all winning.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2014, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Is Leonard Floyd actually hurt? ]

He had 154 yards on 12 carries. About 12.8 ypc.If you take out the 75 yard run He has 79 yards. That's about 7.2 ypc.
Not to shabby if he played more the outcome may have been
different.

Aug 21, 2014, 11:43 AM

Forgot this sorry.
http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=332430228

You can be 15-30 heavier and in shape***

Aug 21, 2014, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Is Leonard Floyd actually hurt? ]

Re: You can be 15-30 heavier and in shape***

Aug 21, 2014, 1:40 PM

Yes Sir you can I was answering backwardsdeerhunter.
http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15676544

Aug 21, 2014, 7:29 PM [ in reply to You can be 15-30 heavier and in shape*** ]

Let me rephrase that about being out shape, some of the players didn't try or work hard on the defense. Jordan Jenkins himself said that he didn't work out or practice very hard last year! That was the mentality under Grantham, he treated his players like NFL players he expected the players to work on their own without any guidance.

Aug 21, 2014, 8:20 PM

So you're saying they have the Clowney syndrome they only
work out or practice when they felt like it.

Aug 21, 2014, 8:46 PM

Not to that extent, they practiced when everybody else practiced.Just that some of them didn't give a 100% more like 50%. The work outs you could say they had the Clowney syndrome from what I've read.

Aug 21, 2014, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Is Leonard Floyd actually hurt? ]

He got injured, you can tell because he asked to come out while holding his d$$k or something. The coaching staff told him to sit down. This happens all the time, nothing to see here.

Aug 22, 2014, 12:40 AM

Getting minor injuries does happen all the time, but usually the player just trots off the field to get medical attention. This was a terrible acting gig to get a free time out since his lady parts were hurting more than anything else.

but but but jeremy pruitt.....***

Aug 21, 2014, 9:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

IMO, the key to this game will be their OL vs our DL

Aug 21, 2014, 10:32 AM

And unless their OL is a LOT better than last yr, we'll win that matchup consistently.

AS to their defense, I expect us to struggle a bit to move the ball, but less than they do. If we can keep from losing the turnover and spec teams battles, I think we win solidly.

I'm think 27-13-ish. Lots of fg attempts on both sides.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed

Aug 21, 2014, 10:48 AM

One huge factor to consider in this matchup will be home field advantage. During last year's game, the crowd noise in Death Valley forced the UGA offense to utilize the silent count, and the Clemson defensive linemen were able to anticipate the snap on a consistent basis. Along with being very talented players the extra half step gained by said anticipation allowed for Clemson to win the battles at the LOS on a consistent basis last year.

Fast forward to this year. Don't be surprised if Clemson's DL isn't able to repeat last year's dominance in this year's contest. UGA will be able to use the snap count in order to take back that half-step advantage from the DL.

My prediction for this battle is that it will be more evenly matched this year. Clemson will win some plays and UGA will win some others. It won't be the consistent onslaught that it was last year. JMO of course.

Snap anticipation only goes so far

Aug 21, 2014, 12:53 PM

We were blowing you off the line 90% of the time. You were physically outmatched. The things that I saw going wrong were not corrected by getting a tiny fraction of a second back. The DL was just better.

Also happened to OSU. They came in with a deep group of upperclassmen and we overwhelmed them. Their OL was of much higher quality than yours, IMO.

The problem starts with Grady Jarrett. He's big but also ridiculously fast and angry. Sometimes he demands a double team, and he pressures the QB consistently when the line is clicking.

Then you've got Crawford (big, fast, mean) and Watson, and Williams which are all nasty "SEC" linemen doing the same.

Of course you already know about Vic, but the tag team of him, Jarrett, and Stephone Anthony are the trifecta of QB hurries/pressures/sacks. You have to know where all three of those are at all times, and that's on top of Crawford and Watson (who will play on Sundays).

So no, I am not at all worried about your rebuilt OL having better luck this year. You will regress, and we'll get to see if Mason handles pressures as calmly as Murray did. We aren't GT and we aren't Nebraska on defense.

Unfortunately, Crawford is sitting for GA***

Aug 21, 2014, 1:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Snap anticipation only goes so far

Aug 21, 2014, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Snap anticipation only goes so far ]

> We were blowing you off the line 90% of the time. You
> were physically outmatched. The things that I saw
> going wrong were not corrected by getting a tiny
> fraction of a second back. The DL was just better.
>

Not sure about that 90% number. If it were accurate I would assume that the Clemson DL would have at least reached their season average for TFLs. They only have 5 against UGA while they averaged 9+ on the season.

That being said, football is a game of inches and split seconds. The smallest things can yield completely different results. It will be fun to see how this one plays out.

Aug 21, 2014, 3:52 PM

With Gurley dinged up most of the game, the play calling changed quite a bit to avoid the heat. This is what NC State and Syracuse had to do against us last year, as well (though much less successfully).

Can't really look at any one stat and get a good picture, but go watch the replay. The DL was whipping your OL. We had one or two slip-ups by then less experienced LBs/corners/safeties, but those are all better this year.

Aug 21, 2014, 5:27 PM

I have watched it many times, and your 90% number is a wild exaggeration.

Clemson won the day in that battle last year, no doubt, but the snap anticipation factor played a large role. For now, I suppose we will just have to agree to disagree, but I wouldn't mind revisiting this point after the game. Will be interesting to see if our perspectives change.

Aug 21, 2014, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Snap anticipation only goes so far ]

90%? You don't say......please explain how GA's offense was able to collect 545 total yards and 35 pts. I'll give credit where it's due and your dline did dominate at times but not 90%...that is straight BS. Your defense gave up 39 ppg versus ranked opponents meaning against anyone with a pulse they were far from dominating.

Wait... "Shattle Fenteng"??

Aug 21, 2014, 2:12 PM

That's a real name? Seriously?

Replies: 77
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic