Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think I have to give the edge to Kelly today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

I think I have to give the edge to Kelly today

Sep 1, 2018, 4:25 PM

TL did a little better statistically but a couple of his TD’s were on throws Tigerbalm could of made.

KB had some nice throws downfield on the TD to Amari and the long throw under pressure to Kendrick. Plus the long TD run which is something TL is incapable of doing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think I have to give the edge to Kelly today

Sep 1, 2018, 4:29 PM

Trevor can run I promise you. Guarantee he will break at least a 30 yd run at some point this year. Kelly wouldn't have made that throw to Powell after the offsides with nobody blocking.

Kelly would have thrown it to slowly for Ross' touchdown so that screen wouldn't have worked. Kelly also couldn't have made that throw to Thompson on the sideline that was overturned.

We can go what ifs all day for either side but the point that sticks out to me is TL led drives resulted in 31 points. KB led drives resulted in 17 points.

Sep 1, 2018, 4:31 PM

TL definitely can fit it in places KB can’t. He’s gonna have to learn to take a little off at times. He also made some bad throws but was a little anxious which is to be expected.

Sep 1, 2018, 4:30 PM

Hard for me to choose but it seemed like it was easier to run the ball when TL was in.

KB started shaky but hit some nice throws.

We will probably see both for a while.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 4:31 PM

Good post. TL needs a few more games to the speed of game in his feel. He has a bright future but KB is a little more steady.
I do wish KB was more consistent on throwing accuracy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 4:36 PM

An elite defense will shutdown KB because of downfield accuracy. He looked the same as last year too me. He looked shaky on first series I feel he knows TL is the future as we get deep into the season. Just my 02 cents.

He wasn’t looking to run much today. Watch out

Sep 1, 2018, 4:39 PM

next week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody cares.***

Sep 1, 2018, 4:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Nobody cares.***

Sep 1, 2018, 4:44 PM

Delete this post, now. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. Also #3 showed out big time. And #23.

Sep 1, 2018, 4:39 PM

All due respect to all the other studs we have, but it'll be ETN and 23 at RB and wenhave to find a way to get it to 3, Tee, and Ross - the talent there is beyond anything we've seen not named DW4 or Watkins.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree. Also #3 showed out big time. And #23.

Sep 1, 2018, 5:16 PM

While I agree that dixon made some nice runs, there were also a few times he hit the wrong hole but hey, he's a freshman. I honestly thought feaster looked quite nice in his few runs in the third quarter as far letting the hole open up and hitting the seam. I see feaster working his way back to the top with etn. I think his blocking will help him to do that as well. With all that being said, the future is bright for 23, cant wait

Sep 1, 2018, 5:59 PM

I was thinking maybe they should let the RBs run to daylight instead of the “hole” because ETN ran into a brick wall several times running in the “hole” now that he knows where to go whereas Dixon ran to daylight and had some nice runs.

Sep 1, 2018, 7:04 PM

Lol i can see your point. Line did look shaky at times. Running to daylight will produce some big runs from time to time. What I was saying was, that there were a few times that there was a hole there where it was supposed to be and maybe he bounced it out instead of hitting the hole and didn't get much. But I thought dixon ran the ball extremely well overall

Sep 1, 2018, 7:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree. Also #3 showed out big time. And #23. ]

All great backs run to green grass. That is where the eyes take em, unless they need a tough yard. The future looks bright!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 6:07 PM [ in reply to I agree. Also #3 showed out big time. And #23. ]

Don’t forfet about TF; he had some very nice runs.

Sep 1, 2018, 7:05 PM

Totally agree. I'm on the feaster train. He looked good

Sep 1, 2018, 4:43 PM

The fact that this was TL’s first game in college & held his own with the veteran, I’d without a doubt give the edge to TL. With experience he is only going to surpass KB.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Either way, both guys didn't look great their first drives

Sep 1, 2018, 4:49 PM

we can't let jitters like that allow TAMU into the game early

Clemson

Sep 1, 2018, 4:58 PM

I think it is well understood that this transition will happen. Radio team said nothing disrespectful about either but laughed when commenting about players dealing with the differences.

TL didn't always command the offense but never threw away plays. Dabo showed a lot of guts letting him and all underclass skill guys take over on their own 5 (though Thompson coming in for 3rd down was huge). Good to see TE get used, and patterns run across the middle.

But make no mistake. The QB question is like asking "Nascar or Formula One?" The guy who can drive 220 will eventually start as soon as he stops missing shifts.

I'm always happy with a win

Sep 1, 2018, 5:03 PM

But, you take these same plays/throws made in the first half today and try them next week. I can tell you straight up who's going to be successful versus who isn't. The difference was stark...very.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KB is the starter, and neither he or TL did anything today

Sep 1, 2018, 5:01 PM

to change that - nothing. My impression, after having seen TL at this level for the first time, is that he looked totally ready, poised and in control. KB made some excellent throws today, but TL has a superior arm and is already superior in the passing game. Today verified, for me, that Dabo was being completely honest about how close the QB competition was (and still is); however, after seeing TL play with the big boys, it's clear to me that he is THE FUTURE, and could overtake KB at any time.

Until then, I think we continue to see both get meaningful PT, in the short term. I also was impressed with Chase Brice; he would have started for many ACC teams today.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

A little disappointed for KB today as it looked like he was

Sep 1, 2018, 10:29 PM

a little out of sync, but he looked great on a couple of drives. TL is ready to play competitive college ball now, which is very encouraging.

I hope we continue to see both KB and TL getting significant snaps in the games ahead. They're a winnig combination at QB.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 5:06 PM

Booooooooooo!

Sep 1, 2018, 5:24 PM

I think overall it was very close, but I would give the edge to TL. I'm still for starting KB next week, but by a hair, TL had the better day.

You’re right. But...

Sep 1, 2018, 5:53 PM

The future is very bright in pickins county. Right?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ does not football***

Sep 1, 2018, 7:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

It doesn't matter who gives the edge to whom.

Sep 1, 2018, 8:00 PM

TL is destined to become a legend at Clemson the likes of which we've never seen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe edge to KB today, but TL is coming. He's going to get

Sep 1, 2018, 8:31 PM

better each time he gets out there, and will most likely take over by the end of the year. The only think that may delay that is if the running game just kills it and we let the run/pass balance tilt towards the run.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do like how TL gets it out quick, he just needs to get his rhythm

Sep 1, 2018, 8:54 PM

Going and he’ll be good to go. I feel like a lot of KBs plays are slow developing. I also feel like our RBs will benefit from TL playing bc the defenses will be playing in space more. Running lanes are pretty crowded when KB is in. Bc we r more of a running attack when he’s in. Both QBs are worthy of starting tho.

Re: I do like how TL gets it out quick, he just needs to get his rhythm

Sep 1, 2018, 10:17 PM

He can't get into a rhythm if he's on the sideline every couple of possessions

Sep 1, 2018, 11:41 PM

If that’s true we need to give TL more playing time. KB is a senior and is at or near his potential. TL is a freshman in his first college game and the sky is the limit. Only way to improve overall QB play is to give TL more game experience.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic