Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spiller to the ROH in 2021
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,707

Spiller to the ROH in 2021

Apr 21, 2020, 9:02 AM

I think it happens in his first year eligible, now that he is a HOF member. Leggett and Booker may also get elected. Leggett definitely deserves to join the ROH at Doug Kingsmore. In 2021, Spiller will become the first of many in the Dabo Era to see his name and number placed in the DV Ring.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If anybody deserves to be there, it's CJ

Apr 21, 2020, 9:14 AM

But I think there should be a minimum age of at least 35 or 40 to get up there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If anybody deserves to be there, it's CJ

Apr 21, 2020, 9:18 AM

Why does that matter? He graduated and had been out if school 11 years, 12 when elected and is in the HOF. He will actually be 34 during the 2021 football season, so are you going to make him wait until 2023, so he will be 36?

Just stated my opinion

Apr 21, 2020, 9:25 AM

If he is eligible by the current rules, then he should (and will) be up there

I am just of the opinion that Hall of Fame is a recognition for on the field performance, but that Ring of Honor is more of a lifetime achievement award, taking into account on the field performance as well as academics, character, and other factors. I have total confidence that Spiller checks all of those boxes now, and will in 3, 13, and 33 years from now.

Obviously, you disagree, and that's ok. What would discussion boards be without respectful disagreement?

Congratulations to CJ and all members of the current class of HOF members.

Why? His impact is immeasurable.

Apr 21, 2020, 9:20 AM [ in reply to If anybody deserves to be there, it's CJ ]

What is your justification for there being an age restriction?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See response above

Apr 21, 2020, 9:27 AM

I also think that orange is a beautiful color, that CJ is the most important player in Clemson football history, and that Clemson is the best University in the world. Do I need to justify those opinions, too?

Those opinions aren't based in some arbitrary ########

Apr 21, 2020, 9:47 AM

that you still haven't justified.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So much for respectful disagreement

Apr 21, 2020, 10:06 AM

I believe that the ROH should be a lifetime achievement, and 30 years is not a lifetime. I think that ROH to Clemson University is analogous to Order of the Palmetto to the state of South Carolina. I agree that this particular post was probably a bad place to bring it up, because there is no one in my opinion that is more worthy than CJ. It is also not currently a rule, so I am not suggesting that we should enact one to specifically exclude him or anyone else. And there is precedent...Jonathan Byrd was 33 when he was voted into the ROH. Fitting that CJ would be the youngest to make it.

It is just an opinion, whether you agree with it or not. If you were a Florida State booster, would you want Jameis Winston in your ROH? How about Cam Newton at Auburn? Johnny Manziel at TAMU? Aaron Hernandez at Florida? OJ Simpson at USC? George Rogers at SCAR?

Please don't think I am equating CJ's character to any of these...I am just making a point that a lifetime is a long time. Average lifetime expectancy is 75 or 80. If you put someone up there at 40, they have half their life to enjoy seeing it there, and it will be there FOREVER after.

CJ will always be remembered as THE biggest catalyst (as a player) associated with Clemson's return to the elite.

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

That seems like a rule just for the sake of having a rule.***

Apr 21, 2020, 9:26 AM [ in reply to If anybody deserves to be there, it's CJ ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I agree - there should be a minimum age before someone......

Apr 21, 2020, 12:12 PM [ in reply to If anybody deserves to be there, it's CJ ]

can be in the ROH. Primarily it's a reflection of achievements while at Clemson but ALSO it's a reflection of achievements and character displayed while being a responsible adult - someone who continues to represent Clemson well.

Re: I agree - there should be a minimum age before someone......

Apr 21, 2020, 2:45 PM

I think that is why there is the ten year gone + HOF first rule. At nearly 33 years old, CJ is a fully grown adult and I think all would agree that he always has and continues to represent the university well.

Make it so !***

Apr 21, 2020, 9:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

We already have a set of rules -- why change ??

Apr 21, 2020, 10:37 AM

https://clemsontigers.com/ring-of-honor/

Between the CFB Playoff years and Dabo's players...

Apr 21, 2020, 10:43 AM

we gonna need a bigger ROH.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CJ absolutely needs to get in there ASAP***

Apr 21, 2020, 10:56 AM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,707
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic