Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Riley Cooper crucified for saying 'N' word. #####????
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Riley Cooper crucified for saying 'N' word. #####????

Aug 1, 2013, 6:12 PM

I hear brothers saying it all the time?what gives??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's called a double standard, and it's based entirely on

Aug 1, 2013, 6:16 PM

race and is maintained only through intimidation.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Wait...What? That can't be right...***

Aug 1, 2013, 6:18 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, apparently, you're unfamiliar with how racism works...

Aug 1, 2013, 6:17 PM

Paula Deen says it and loses $10 million dollars. Jay Z says it and makes $40 million. Get it? If not, I'm afraid you're racist!

Yep - that's it.***

Aug 1, 2013, 6:30 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Because the 'H-word' rules the 'N-world.'***

Aug 1, 2013, 6:27 PM

I agree - it's the ultimate in hypocrisy.......

Aug 1, 2013, 6:54 PM

to hear blacks condemn the N-word which they have every reason and right to do only to hear them use it themselves!

It doesn't make any sense at all.

I was surprised to hear Stephen A. Smith, the ESPN blowhard,

Aug 1, 2013, 7:16 PM

say that the black community bears a huge responsibility for perpetuating the use of the word. He said that by using the word, whether it be in an affectionate or derogitorry manner, others assume that it is OK to use it.

that is pretty shockin

Aug 1, 2013, 7:30 PM

wouldn't expect that from him

Re: I'll bet he didnt say it

Aug 1, 2013, 8:28 PM [ in reply to I was surprised to hear Stephen A. Smith, the ESPN blowhard, ]

I'll bet he yelled it in an angry condescending way. it is the only way he talks

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stephen A.

Aug 1, 2013, 9:12 PM [ in reply to I was surprised to hear Stephen A. Smith, the ESPN blowhard, ]

Was puttin on for the camera. Now he knows he use that word just like every other black man who has experienced being black, and knowing what kind of history blacks had endured. Point blank period, if you say the 'N' word with an E-R at the end and you're not black.. It's offensive.

Re: I agree - it's the ultimate in hypocrisy.......

Aug 1, 2013, 9:00 PM [ in reply to I agree - it's the ultimate in hypocrisy....... ]

You're ignorant! It's a racial slur and white people can't use it! Get over it! I don't know why a white person would want to use it in the first place.

If it's a slur, then blacks shouldn't use it either.***

Aug 1, 2013, 9:08 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Also, let's look at the irony

Aug 1, 2013, 7:49 PM

that while he is getting fined for using racial slurs, there still is an NFL team called the Redskins, which to Native Americans would be viewed as just as offensive.

You may find this interesting.....

Aug 1, 2013, 7:50 PM

Heres something you'll find interesting; ESPN/ABC knew that the Manti Teo thing was a fraud before the NCG and kept it on the backburner. Think about it, Musburger and Herby knew about this fact and were forced to not mention it. How hard must that've been?! Then the ''mothership'' waited for a few lulls in the winter to bring it all up. Funny huh.

I think it has everything to do with this being the lulls of summer. The media had to talk about something and I'm sure they were looking for anything good or bad to bring in some football talk. Not to mention, this occured a while ago.

Stop It

Aug 1, 2013, 7:59 PM

He didn't just say it. He said "I'm going to jump the fence and fight every one of them". That is completely unacceptable. Do not try to argue it.

Re: Stop It

Aug 1, 2013, 8:01 PM

He also dropped the hard ER.

You failed to mention the rest of what he...

Aug 1, 2013, 8:34 PM

said, which was "I'm going to kill n-word". It was racist, and he came out and admitted it was wrong. The racists on Tnet are ridiculous. They are trying to defend a person , who admitted there was no excuse for what he said.

And this double standard thing is baloney. What makes you want to say a slur

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because...

Aug 1, 2013, 9:05 PM

Us brothers don't call each other the 'N' word w/ an E-R at the end. You'll hear us call each other the 'N' word w/ a G-A at the end. And those 2 words definitely doesn't mean the same my man. You don't see DeSean Jackson on video screaming "I'LL BEAT ANY 'C' word w/ a E-R at the end azs" now do you? I think Riley showed his true colors, and his apology definitely didn't seem sincere.

Re: Because...

Aug 1, 2013, 9:15 PM

Thank you!!! I honestly don't think White people will ever understand.

On a side note this topic has nothing to do with Clemson football.

so what's the difference

Aug 1, 2013, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Because... ]

when a rapper is rapping about robbing and killing n_____as

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Had he casually used it in passing you may have a point

Aug 1, 2013, 9:21 PM

But in a drunken anger moment he said he wanted to kill all of them. That's a bit beyond using the word casually or jokingly.

Context. It all comes down to context.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with that - Riley definitely was pi$$ed and used it

Aug 1, 2013, 9:27 PM

in a very derogatory way. I'm just trying to think of a context where it would be viewed as acceptable for a white person to use that word, even in a casual or joking manner. I can't, and to me, that's where the double standard exists.

- H. L. Mencken

Agree***

Aug 1, 2013, 11:19 PM

It's their right to call each other that with the "ga" if

Aug 1, 2013, 9:54 PM

they want to, but it's only going to perpetuate the problem.

I forget...Which Amendment says that?***

Aug 1, 2013, 11:18 PM

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic