»
Topic: If we insist on doing away with one tradition...
Replies: 10   Last Post: Jul 29, 2018 1:33 PM by: Zann
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

If we insist on doing away with one tradition...

[1]
Posted: Jul 29, 2018 4:48 AM

At least bring back another one. In the 1970s Clemson ended the MASCOT of the Country Gentleman. Let's bring back the Clemson Country Gentleman, and do away with "Whoo Hoo Hoo" in the Cadence for Tiger Rag. For an entrance we can always use Pyro at the bottom of the hill.

military_donation.jpg

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

If we use smoke or pyro

[1]
Posted: Jul 29, 2018 5:17 AM

It takes a tradition that was beautiful and makes it look cheap. Like coots/VT/Miami. All entrances we make fun of!

Re: If we use smoke or pyro

[1]
Posted: Jul 29, 2018 5:19 AM

Not hardly. They use fire extinguishers. We can use Fireworks..

military_donation.jpg

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

[1]
Posted: Jul 29, 2018 7:28 AM

Yeah, kinda have to agree with tigerjebus that if we use and smoke or pyro or towel waving it looks like everyone else ‘s. Definitely bring back the country gentlemen.

We already use biodegradable that’s been proven yada yada- per tiger swimmer article he posted but since we’re beyond that, I feel certain the best engineer school in the country can come up with something.

Someone mentioned shakers and I mind seeing that in addition to something else.

2020 orange level member2016_pickem_champ.jpg

[1]
Posted: Jul 29, 2018 7:46 AM

We already use Pyro when Clemson scores why not use the same pyro when they run down the hill. It's at the top of the stadium. Maybe some confetti or something else orange and brilliant.

military_donation.jpg

~Chesty Puller

Posted: Jul 29, 2018 8:15 AM

Yeah, not bad. Didn’t realize we did pyro when they scored.

2020 orange level member2016_pickem_champ.jpg

Re: If we insist on doing away with one tradition...

[1]
Posted: Jul 29, 2018 7:58 AM

Don’t mess with tradition. It’s who we are. It’s who we have been for many years. Don’t add, don’t take away.
Change is good when there are problems. Any problems Clemson has don’t relate to football/athletic traditions.

I actually mentioned bringing back the CG to George Bennett

Posted: Jul 29, 2018 9:39 AM

years ago. He basically said it would never happen because the character is considered politically incorrect.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: I actually mentioned bringing back the CG to George Bennett

Posted: Jul 29, 2018 11:10 AM

Why is it not politically correct?

Re: I actually mentioned bringing back the CG to George Bennett

Posted: Jul 29, 2018 1:33 PM

I would like to know what’s politically incorrect about the Country Gentleman?

even the woohoo is now tradition.

[1]
Posted: Jul 29, 2018 11:18 AM

and only slightly younger than the balloon release..a balloon release is simply littering, not unlike releasing "biodegradable" cigarette butts.

Replies: 10  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 6 LOWER LEVEL North Season Tickets. Sec S, row K. Near the start of Sec R. $985ea. Located in Greenv...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1657 people have read this post