Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Want to Know What Pitch You're Throwing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,274

I Want to Know What Pitch You're Throwing

Jan 16, 2020, 1:49 PM

This baseball signal stealing fiasco is unbelievable. Multiple executives and 3 Managers fired. Who knows where it will end.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Want to Know What Pitch You're Throwing

Jan 16, 2020, 1:55 PM

Didn’t the Pats just get caught using technology to steal personnel grouping and sideline information via a camera?

I don’t like the Pats, but their success is tainted, like the last two World Series Champs. Cheating ruins all competition.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 2:08 PM

Why now? This ha been going on since baseball started. Heck I remember in pony league and high school you are trying to get what pitch is coming or if the base runner is stealing. What’s up. Why now?

Jan 16, 2020, 3:05 PM

It's not simply trying to figure out the opposing teams signals during the game. It's using electronics and video equipment to do it live and then signalling to the batter what pitch is coming.

I know it doesn't seem like a big difference, but it gives the home team a significant advantage. The away team can't very well post up cameras in the outfield, and connect them to a tv screen in the dugout tunnel, but for the home team, that's not that difficult to make happen, which gives them an unfair advantage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 9:24 PM

CU13® said:

It's not simply trying to figure out the opposing teams signals during the game. It's using electronics and video equipment to do it live and then signalling to the batter what pitch is coming.

I know it doesn't seem like a big difference, but it gives the home team a significant advantage. The away team can't very well post up cameras in the outfield, and connect them to a tv screen in the dugout tunnel, but for the home team, that's not that difficult to make happen, which gives them an unfair advantage.

Right on!

Gotta code your signals when you playing a Bilichik, plain and simple.

Codes change inning to inning

Jan 18, 2020, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I Want to Know What Pitch You're Throwing ]

CU13® said:

Right on!

Gotta code your signals when you playing a Bilichik, plain and simple.

Codes change inning to inning

Jan 18, 2020, 9:37 PM

I dont think MLB really wants to know how deep this goes. Putting the blame and punishment on managers/ executives will be the route they go

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,274
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic